Round 6 Captains

Remove this Banner Ad

Im going Mackie captain this week...last time he scored 140 against the dees, and I can see the Dee's playing a mega flood, which plays into the Cats half backs hands big time.....Goodwin was the beneficiary of this last week, so im thinking Mackie being more of a kicker than Goodwin has a higher potential than Goodwin's 127 last week..

Im going with corey i think this week. Still contemplating chad though.

I think hes due for 100+ (all i ask of captains really) after a low week last week. I am really not sure though - hes been playing mostly hb and thus not getting a whole lot of ball.

Agh, dont know what to do! Chad, cox, corey, gibbs, goddard, montagna. Which one!!!

Surprised he hasn't jumped out at you yet Lakey :cool: .

I know beau.

Gibbs - gun, hawks dont man up.
Chad - best record you could ask for against adelaide, due too after a down week
Corey - gun, great record against melb, playing as backman though, due too after a down week
Goddard - gun, probably due too after a down week
Montagna - i wouldnt risk it
Cox - surely he want pull 95+ six weeks in a row?????

I'm going for a bit of a roughie this week.....who i'll name after the round begins. The first 4 weeks i chose my captain based mainly on recent history against the opposing side which got me a captain average of only 93 and some change. Since then, I have adopted a bit of a new strategy which paid of last week with captain Swan. Hoping for a similar (115+) return from my captain for this round. I really want to make Gibbs captain but i'm equally as eager to further test this new 'theory' so hopefully Gibbs doesn't rip it up.....

Could your theory be that gun DT players like Swan dont have 2 bad games in a row...So Swan coming off a stinker in Rd 4 was due to get back to his lofty normal heights in Rd 5...?
If correct, your captain this week perhaps someone like Montagna, Cornes, or S.Johnson?

I remember seeing stats of Swan playing 2 great 120+ games and then 2 games around 80 and then 2 games of 110-140 and so on.

He's a bit of hit and miss but so far seems to be all hit :p

Chad Cornes. Will have to stick with the man.

Although I'm having creeping thoughts of Priddis, Gibbs or Cox as captain.

Chad will stay though.

Yeah Im stuck on Chad or Gibbs at the moment aswell. Quick someone sell me on one either way!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I went with corey. Great record and goodwin racked it up playing HB last week against them, so even if he doesnt play MF he could go well anyway (note the 'could'). Plus, i picked him as a captain option so i have to back him.

The last time I picked Chapman as captain he scored 49. Based on the law of averages, he should score 151 this time.

Yeah, it makes no sense, but I don't care. GO CHAPPY!

The last time I picked Chapman as captain he scored 49. Based on the law of averages, he should score 151 this time.

Yeah, it makes no sense, but I don't care. GO CHAPPY!
Makes perfect sense! I had Chapman VC, but had no reason to take if off Ablett.

Anyone with Ablett in their side, really should've had him captain.

Cox will lose around 15-20 points alone this week due to hitouts. Have had him captain for four of the five rounds this year, but not this week.

Chad looks like a good option, but very tempted to give Boyd the captaincy. Can see the Dogs/Saints game being very high scoring.

some good calls there

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 6 Captains

Remove this Banner Ad

Back