Preview Round 6: Richmond vs Port Adelaide, MCG, 30/04/16

Remove this Banner Ad

The only good things to come out of the Geelong game were Wines and Boak getting into better form , pity Gray , Wingard and Hartlett had poor games , now if they along with Westhoff and Ebert have good games we'll be starting to get somewhere . Hopefully it starts this week .

The only good things to come out of the Geelong game were Wines and Boak getting into better form , pity Gray , Wingard and Hartlett had poor games , now if they along with Westhoff and Ebert have good games we'll be starting to get somewhere . Hopefully it starts this week .
as was said earlier, the omission of Ah Chee probably helped Wines - now Ken, DONT BRING AH CHEE IN THIS WEEK

If we get selections right, we'll win this.

They've just lost a key defender in Rance, this has to play into our favour.

Pick another tall forward, either Howard or Butcher (or, god forbid, both) and we should see our scoring opportunities increase dramatically.
But that still leaves our underperforming midfield to service that forward line. The guys in the guts have to lift their game big time, or we could have Tony Lockett in the goal square, and we'd still struggle.

We will win this week, in some respects especially defensively (although it didn't last 4 quarters) I think we turned the corner a bit last week. We will win this and win well, it will click sooner or later, for some reason I feel it, and it's 7:30 am so it ain't a glass of red! Time to get some positive energy going people. I'm sick of it at the minute so would the players, the wheel will turn.

We will win this week, in some respects especially defensively (although it didn't last 4 quarters) I think we turned the corner a bit last week. We will win this and win well, it will click sooner or later, for some reason I feel it, and it's 7:30 am so it ain't a glass of red! Time to get some positive energy going people. I'm sick of it at the minute so would the players, the wheel will turn.
Your ****ING crazy man its all doom and gloom Damm you and your positivity

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully the umps don't kill us like they did in the games V Adelaide, Geelong and GWS. I have no doubt if we had our fair run of the mill with the umps in those games we would have.......

What I'd give to be able to blame umps for our ridiculously abismal start to the year :(.

Anyway, inappropriate post - free kick Hawthorn

W
With the limited opportunities he had, Charlie did some good work.

I'm with you on this. I don't feel wholesale changes will fix anything either. Trengove is out already, possibly Chad as well outside of that maybe Amon out but not much more.

There is to much talent and pride in this group for this to continue the first quarter last weekend was the best we've played against quality opposition. Yes after that we got thumped but they'll take some confidence from it and if they build on it this week and start well against Richmond there is no reason we can't start the turn around as If Richmond get a jolt their in a big as funk as us they won't respond and ditto with us.

Bring it on, I cannot wait for the game best way to shut all these stories and whispers up is with a win.

Was so excited about this match when the fixture was released, shaped as a potential top 4 blockbuster clash...

Now will just be going for the lols from both sides.

What's the AFL equivalent of a 0-0 draw!?

Voss pushes Choco over a row of plastic chairs Kosmina-Muscat styles

Can we all seriously stop kidding ourselves (COACHES INCLUDED) saying that our first quarter was good.

Geelong kicked 5 behinds, otherwise they would have been in front.

We were gifted two or three goals from the umps and Geelong's stupidity.

We were terrible again going inside 50, and didn't create many options. Yes there was some semi decent tackling in comparison to games v GWS and Adelaide but apart from that we were awful.

Our only semi-decent passage of putting in effort in that game was the first ten minutes of the second quarter where we controlled the game but yep funnily enough again we couldn't do diddly squat inside F50.

I didn't buy it despite our lead, I picked we would lose by 10 goals after that first quarter.

Bassett on 5AA was laughable last night. "We responded well in the first quarter.... blah blah... it will click soon... blah blah...."

Shutup Bass the first quarter, in fact the entire game we played shiit football! Enough is enough. Heads need to roll, and roll fast. Starting with Voss (no offence to the guy I'm sure he's a top bloke) and he could be seen as a scapegoat, but we need to fix our midfield issues NOW! Get someone with some decent coaching accolades, not someone who coached Brisbane for a few years and didn't improve them at all (in fact players liek Aish and Polec wanted to leave) then moved onto a stupid TV show. I have no clue who is avaiable but surely there is someone out there who could help with our clearance and clean first use of the ball issues!

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Round 6: Richmond vs Port Adelaide, MCG, 30/04/16

Remove this Banner Ad

Back