Preview Round 6: Richmond vs Port Adelaide, MCG, 30/04/16

Remove this Banner Ad

78 points?! You joking. That implies that we would either defend well or attack well, and with Rance (our best defender) and potentially Riewoldt out (our best forward), I don't know how that'll happen. Our ends are currently ordinary even with them in the side.

NIL NIL,,,draw.

78 points was probably being over the top pessimistic but i'm not feeling good at all about this game. I still had some hope in this team heading in to last weekends match but i'm down and out now, a bit like the team.
I am not feeling good about this game either and had a little hope entering inti the Melbourne game as well. At least you guys don't have Hawthorn looming after this week's match

Please don't tell me they only have mid strength beer at the MCG for night games? Anyone know any Crack dealers in Malbun?

They used to do it at Footy Park from memory. Not sure why it didn't carry over to Adelaide Oval.

If we get selections right, we'll win this.

They've just lost a key defender in Rance, this has to play into our favour.

Pick another tall forward, either Howard or Butcher (or, god forbid, both) and we should see our scoring opportunities increase dramatically.

Pick another tall forward, either Howard or Butcher (or, god forbid, both) and we should see our scoring opportunities increase dramatically.

As long as we don't just try to bomb it on top their heads

We've lost a key defender as well though. Trengove is out suspended

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am not feeling good about this game either and had a little hope entering inti the Melbourne game as well. At least you guys don't have Hawthorn looming after this week's match
We don't actually have a bad recent record against Hawthorn, often with our stars out.

We've lost a key defender as well though. Trengove is out suspended
Rance is their best and most important player by a long long way. I expect Dixon to absolutely dominate now.

They will also not have Riewoldt who is their best and only forward. Lids is still a 50/50 to play.

We have no excuse here, we should win this and win big. Even Lobbe should do well against Maric, the kind of ruckman that suits him (a shit slow one).

If you want a depressive emphasis of where we're now at, go back and read the2014 Port vs Richmond EF Review thread.

18 short months ago.

Was it all a dream?
OUT: K.Cornes, A.Carlile, A.Monfries, A.Moore, M.White, J.Schulz, J.Polec
IN: C.Dixon, K.Amon, D.Byrne-Jones, P.Stewart, J.Toumpas, A.Young, S.Gray

Port dropped Polec, so he doesnt count. Got rid of Moore, so he doesn't count.

Dixon is an upgrade on Schulz IMO. So that doesn't count.

You can't convince me Kane Cornes, Angus Monfries, Matty White and Carlile going out for DBJ, Youngy and Stewart has resulted in being a top 4 side to being a bottom 4 one.

Something has happened in the last 18 months so profound it's critically damaged the culture and confidence of this group. It's either a flash in the pan incident, or something more systemic - like a shit house assistant coach or two.

Either way, it could (and should) be relatively easily fixed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Round 6: Richmond vs Port Adelaide, MCG, 30/04/16

Remove this Banner Ad

Back