Round 6 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hibberd looking likely as a Rd 7 target for Otten.
I'm not keen on him now (was in preseason)

Best you'll get is a 90avg from him

Hasn't played for ages and just came off a hammy, we've seen from Essendon they get all psyched up to play and start well, then get brought back to earth.

He's cheap but I reckon there's better, more reliable options for another 100k or so.

Jumping off premiums onto other premiums because the pricing seems right is an AFL Fantasy trade

fair enough

but in this instance we're upgrading a small bodied mid pricer with a 4 year average of 90ish, to a premium ;)

& preferably one without a rd 11 bye (Treloar/Sloane)

fair enough

but in this instance we're upgrading a small bodied mid pricer with a 4 year average of 90ish, to a premium ;)

& preferably one without a rd 11 bye (Treloar/Sloane)
Round 13 is just as bad as round 11 imo

Jelwood and Dusty in round 12 could be just as good to be honest and I favour Jelwood currently as he seems to be really hungry to succeed this year.

Sloane just will be too expensive imo even with the form he's currently in.

Great......

I can't get Jelwood..... I miss out by like 20k

I know he scored 175, but how does he have a massive price rise like that with a 105 in his rolling average at his already high price? Yet consistent scorers in defence and up forward like Macrae, Dahlhaus, Lloyd and Laird never go above 600k, even ******* Beams who should be above 600k now with the average he's putting out.

:thumbsdown:

Heath Shaw has dropped 107k since his start. Afraid i'm in for the long haul on that one now

Players in the gun this week are
Roughead, Swallow, SPP, Pickett
Got 120k to play with, so its a matter of finding the right combo
Swallow has a BE of 92 this week but will drop to 50 odd the following week IF he can score 70 - 80 this weekend.

Swallow has a BE of 92 this week but will drop to 50 odd the following week IF he can score 70 - 80 this weekend.
The only combo that would see me getting rid of Swallow is
Roughy --> Balic
Swallow --> Zerrett

But I dont like the fact that I am not really changing my net position in terms of upgrades with that one. It will certainly give my side a points boost, but won't change the number of upgrades I need to do (which is most of my approach to trading strategy)

Bla, I want to improve my team, but all the uber midfielders are 25-60k too expensive for me as i only have 767k to play with across 2 trades :( and 1 trade will be used for a Balic/Fisher who are 125-132k so I have about 634-641k to upgrade with.

I don't think Shuey will average 117 which is what he's currently averaging, even though he has been super consistent. I reckon he'll come down to about 105. He's the top affordable midfield option, but can he keep up with the Zorko's, Rocky's, Zerrett's, Jelwood's, Sloane's etc? Dunno. I already have Titchell, Danger, Beams, Murphy and Treloar, so I feel I need to go big in there to keep up.

Dusty is scoring like a yoyo and has concerns about his groin, I feel he'll bottom out next week also, he does have the massive ceiling in his favour, but he has already had 2 games where he's played forward and scored meh, if he plays 100% midfield he'll average 115-120 though. Will wait and see in a few weeks with him as Jelwood is bloody unreachable now with that 175 in his rolling average :(

Adams will likely get cheaper, same with NRoo, so I reckon I can get them in the next few weeks. Grundy will bottom out nicely with Cox in the side also, so while Sandi is still pumping out 80s-90s and Cox stays in the team, then that move is not needed to be done yet.

I reckon with the unreachable midfielders around and a hoard of players that will bottom out next week or the week after, I'm now looking at a premium forward this week.

Yeo having an off day but scoring 73 is promising, last year it would've been a 37 ;) but there are still concerns on his role so i will wait a bit longer on him.

Tom Lynch (Adelaide) is the safest option this week and surprisingly dropped cash this week, even with 2 100s and an 80 in his rolling average, all well, his price is a tad high but he has enough runs on the board now to be a solid enough selection.

Brad Hill and Jeremy Cameron are of interest to me also, both are in decent scoring form and have maintained it over the last month, and I don't want another round 11 forward other than NRoo (ANB and Buddy do not interest me as they'll wreck my bye planning), so these 4 guys are whom I have identified as possible targets for this week. I've asked the GWS and Freo boards about Hill and Cameron also.

If there was another DPP defender around I'd go for them, but I already have Lloyd and Adams' price is too high still, so that's a no at the moment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My bench is a mess. Only 3 played this week and one of those was Pickett. So all my cash generation is coming from players I'm relying on for points on field. Dunno what to do this week. Hopefully Newman gets back in soon and Eddy gets some games sometime in the near future. Might have to pull the plug on Pickett, Florent, Hannan over the next couple of weeks just to get some money coming in, and SPP looks like he's approaching his peak. No really appealing options though ... I skipped Williamson this week but may have to look at jumping on him late, and I'm not super confident in Fisher but he's maybe the next best on-the-bubble option.

Might be spoiled for choice in the weeks coming with Parsons, Black, Balic ... and maybe even Myers. But it might be too late by the time these guys are rip for picking.

And then there's Murphy. I'm tempted to try to hang on to him, but it weakens my midfield as I'd be putting SPP (or similar) on field and I don't love that.

Cant see any reason to trade this week... not much on offer really...

I'm struggling to find an upgrade target this week too. Seems like every premium I don't have is either out of reach expensive or has a huge BE. Had a look at Martin in the mids, Franklin and Riewoldt in the forwards and Grundy in the rucks but they're all likely to be 20-30k cheaper next week. The only guy I can see who would be a well-timed upgrade is Kade Simpson, but after Hampton, Otten and Stewart all had their best games of the year I have nobody to trade out for him.

So digging further down with Yeo, his 73 consisted of 4 free kicks against

That's a moral 85 in my book which is perfectly acceptable up forward.

Might as well bring him in then, plus he has the brilliant round 12 bye which helps.

SPPs breakeven isn't too bad, it's 46 and that awful 39 disappears after this week, so perhaps it'd be wise to hold for now and hope he improves on that then turf him around the China game.

Pickett is pretty much cooked. I was hoping to hold him a bit longer, or even just til the byes and have him as a write off, but he has a breakeven of 37 now, he's heading into Zac Dawson territory.

I guess this weeks downgrade depends on who gets selected really (hopefully Barrett, Hannan and Newman return also).

So digging further down with Yeo, his 73 consisted of 4 free kicks against

That's a moral 85 in my book which is perfectly acceptable up forward.

Might as well bring him in then, plus he has the brilliant round 12 bye which helps.

SPPs breakeven isn't too bad, it's 46 and that awful 39 disappears after this week, so perhaps it'd be wise to hold for now and hope he improves on that then turf him around the China game.

Pickett is pretty much cooked. I was hoping to hold him a bit longer, or even just til the byes and have him as a write off, but he has a breakeven of 37 now, he's heading into Zac Dawson territory.

I guess this weeks downgrade depends on who gets selected really (hopefully Barrett, Hannan and Newman return also).
Slim pickings in the forwards, I reckon Yeo is a viable keeper

Slim pickings in the forwards, I reckon Yeo is a viable keeper
If he can average 80 odd on the road and over 100 at home then definitely

120, 81 and 73 (moral 85) is a good start with the road trips considering what he was putting up in previous years.

If he can average 80 odd on the road and over 100 at home then definitely

120, 81 and 73 (moral 85) is a good start with the road trips considering what he was putting up in previous years.
As you said a 73 (in what was an absolute putrid team performance) with 4FA's bodes well for his floor, given we know what his ceiling is like.
I can afford Roughead straight to Yeo this week and am tempted.
Turn Roughead into Yeo
Turn WHE into Riewoldt is the plan

As you said a 73 (in what was an absolute putrid team performance) with 4FA's bodes well for his floor, given we know what his ceiling is like.
I can afford Roughead straight to Yeo this week and am tempted.
Turn Roughead into Yeo
Turn WHE into Riewoldt is the plan
I miss out with WHE straight to Yeo by 2k

So the 2nd trade is SPP to Balic/Fisher or Pickett to Balic/Fisher, leaning towards Pickett currently.

I was negative on Balic last week as I thought he was a week or two too early as a heap of rookies weren't ready then, but he makes more sense this week with a stack of other rookie forwards on the horizon, but more importantly a heap of our starting rookies fattening up and ready to be picked off one by one, so his DPP will be handy in that regard if he needs to hold a place somewhere in midfield or up forward.

I reckon WHE is done mate, he has a breakeven of 92 and that will likely be bigger next week with that 52 still in his average and the fact he is a massive squib/hates getting the hardball is enough to think he's probably ran his race in my team.

So the 2nd trade is SPP to Balic/Fisher or Pickett to Balic/Fisher, leaning towards Pickett currently.

I was negative on Balic last week as I thought he was a week or two too early as a heap of rookies weren't ready then, but he makes more sense this week with a stack of other rookie forwards on the horizon, but more importantly a heap of our starting rookies fattening up and ready to be picked off one by one, so his DPP will be handy in that regard if he needs to hold a place somewhere in midfield or up forward.

I reckon WHE is done mate, he has a breakeven of 92 and that will likely be bigger next week with that 52 still in his average and the fact he is a massive squib/hates getting the hardball is enough to think he's probably ran his race in my team.
My issue is whether or not my forwards or mids are priorities for upgrades
U7njJ5D.png

Backs are fine. Shaw just needs to lift his output and the rest are doing what they need to. Newman back this week likely as well, which will mean Parfitt isn't played on ground (Adams switch to mids)
Mids are my weakest in terms of depth. I started lighter on than most did (non keepers M6 through M8). I know I am losing points each week not batting 6 premos deep in the mids, hence why the downgrade of Roughy and Swallow to Zerrett is tempting.
Rucks are fine, Sandilands to Grundy one to keep an eye on, but not right now
No rookies in the forward line, but Roughy probably presents the biggest concern, which is why I am planning to get rid of him this week.

My issue is whether or not my forwards or mids are priorities for upgrades
U7njJ5D.png

Backs are fine. Shaw just needs to lift his output and the rest are doing what they need to. Newman back this week likely as well, which will mean Parfitt isn't played on ground (Adams switch to mids)
Mids are my weakest in terms of depth. I started lighter on than most did (non keepers M6 through M8). I know I am losing points each week not batting 6 premos deep in the mids, hence why the downgrade of Roughy and Swallow to Zerrett is tempting.
Rucks are fine, Sandilands to Grundy one to keep an eye on, but not right now
No rookies in the forward line, but Roughy probably presents the biggest concern, which is why I am planning to get rid of him this week.
I'd just do the Roughy and Swallow to Zerrett move

Cut your losses and hope WHE doesn't lose a heap of cash

Perhaps holding Swallow may be a better option though with his early bye round if you can upgrade around him and go with WHE and Roughy to Zerrett and bring in a Balic? Butler and Parfitt are ok onfield imo.

Then look to bring in a rookie forward for round 7 and if it can be done, another upgrade?

I reckon you're absolutely right on Yeo, Pickett and WHE. Yeo worth the risk, and I'm not reading too much into the weekend's game. Pickett and WHE likely to go backward before they go forward again, if at all.

Not much I can do with my team this week. Most likely Pickett > Fisher (Balic doesn't seem likely on the Freo board) or hold my trades.

As I have no mid pricers (bar Nank), i don't have a fat rookie to upgrade yet.

Then next week I will plan on either a double downgrade (bring in 2 of black/Parsons/Balic) which will give me a war chest. Or the one downgrade and one upgrade. (Likely downgrade options would be Butler/Hayward, upgrade option would be SPP)

On Nexus 6P using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back