Round 6 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no real forward premo i like that i can afford for Roughy....ANB keeps staring me in the face with his 99 average.....but just not sure if he can keep this up? Otherwise Gunston could be a good option. hmmmm

Last edited:
might be time to pull the pin on O'Meara and Roughead (or Hoskin-Elliott)

looking at Aaron Black and any gun mid under 660k. Rockliff, Merrett and Treloar are out of reach :(

shortlist:
- 652k Mitchell,T
- 628k Martin
- 581k Macrae (fwd)
- 551k Lloyd (def)
- 566k Kennedy
- 585k Neale
- 549k Parker

Last edited:
for those that are interested, David Myers was listed in the best players in the Herald Sun against Collingwood in the VFL on the weekend.

i would expect he comes straight back into the seniors this week, and he'll be in most sides by rd8

If Murphy is out for a while will go him and Hannan to Zerrett/Balic (Fisher) and if he isn't will probably still make the trade but move on WHE and Parfitt instead.

If Murphy is out for a while will go him and Hannan to Zerrett/Balic (Fisher) and if he isn't will probably still make the trade but move on WHE and Parfitt instead.
Murphy is a test this week

Carlton said they think he'll get up, the info Virtual Sports said about him is all unconfirmed rumour (likely got from the Carlton Bigfooty board)

Carlton said they think he'll get up, the info Virtual Sports said about him is all unconfirmed rumour (likely got from the Carlton Bigfooty board)
Sweet, I thought that was the case. I reckon I may be going early on Parfitt and WHE but Merrett is killing me.

Now, previously I said no on Myers until he was on the bubble due to the injury risk he carries around.

However, there are only 3 midfield eligible rookies around coming through in Fisher, Balic and potentially Myers. I have Barrett, Newman and Hannan on the pine sitting in the twos with low breakevens ready to come back in, so thinking it through, I want a sure thing who is likely to make money and has good JS. Myers fits the bill on most fronts, just his durability is the thing, but there's every chance he scores better than every midfield or forward rookie so it could be worth it onfield?

I also am a Marc Murphy owner. If Murphy is named but is a late withdrawal and Myers is named also then I reckon he could be worth the risk now due to his better scoring potential than a Fisher or Balic, then I'd get SPPs bench score if Murphy is out so the damage could be minimized somewhat

There are a plethora of forward rookies available next week or the week after and I reckon taking a mid now is a must for balance, but also, it could be the right option to do a double downgrade next week then a double upgrade the week later as Otten, Hampton etc could be done by then

Forwards on the horizon

Kennedy-Harris (could be worth the little extra)
Black
Parsons
Johnson
Polson

Potentially Balic even

I'd probably look at the two Geelong players here, but will wait and see on SPP, Butler and Parfitt.

I'd love to move WHE on, but I think Swallow is a bigger problem for me.

I need cash, but I'd prefer not to use WHE and Roughy on downgrades. If my rookies go alright over the next 2 weeks I should be able to get the extra $150k I need each week to upgrade WHE and Roughy. I just think its better to downgrade rookies rather than mid pricers because mid pricers score more.

That said, it largely comes down to timing and fluctuations in price, which at this time of the year can move pretty quickly with one bad/good game. Also, the forward rookies (Parsons, Black) are looking enticing

At the moment the only rookie downgrade that gets me enough cash for Swallow>Merrett is Marchbank (to any 132k rookie through dpp). With a BE of 34, he is one poor game away from topping out I think. I can replace Marchbank (75avg) with Newman (if he comes back, 80) or move McGrath (73) from the mids and play SPS (68) so on those averages the worst outcome is -7 points which is easily covered by the +48 coming from Swallow to Merrett. Surely that's worth trading for now rather than hanging out for an extra ~30k from Marchbank?

4k short of SPP to Merrett though :(
Fair enough

I want Jelwood really badly, but I'll have to turf a Hampton/Sandi in order to do it, so I can't do it as that's too big a sacrifice at the moment imo.

I'm just going to play the waiting game on guys like NRoo, Grundy, Adams and Dusty for now who should all bottom out between rounds 7-10

Might go a week of pain and pull a double downgrade, which will give me $357,000 in the kitty. It's dependent on teams of course.

Nothing else is really jumping out at me at this stage.

Might go a week of pain and pull a double downgrade, which will give me $357,000 in the kitty. It's dependent on teams of course.

Nothing else is really jumping out at me at this stage.
I reckon I'm doing this next week on 2 of SPP, Parfitt and Butler

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lord help me, for I am considering Ebert and Duncan.
Slap yourself silly friend and stay away

Only mids you should consider are any of

Rocky
Zorko
Zerrett
Sloane
Jelwood
Danger
Treloar
Titchell

The only 2 others imo who should be considered who are of some value or benefit are Dusty in round 7/8 and Wines after the China bye.

If you think Shuey can keep it up then he could be relevant too.

Andrew McKay on the Carlton Injury Update video said the club will wait until the last minute before deciding whether Murphy will play or not. Doesn't fill me with confidence, sadly.

Andrew McKay on the Carlton Injury Update video said the club will wait until the last minute before deciding whether Murphy will play or not. Doesn't fill me with confidence, sadly.
I'm fine with that

Means it's likely only a one weeker and not the 1-2 month meniscus quacks on the Twittersphere and FB were already confirming

It'll mean I have to get my trades right this week I guess, but hopefully with an 8 day break he'll get up.

AFL site said it was cartilage by the way, so yeah, wait and see

Gaff has scored below average the last few weeks, i'll be potentially looking at moving him and WHE on for a premo in either Zerret/Jelwood and Balic, and bank the rest of the cash. Not sure if that's a bit too sideways or i'm going too early but i'll sleep on it. Ideally i'd like to get rid of SPP and finally have my midfield properly stacked, but alas I'm not there yet....

Man the forward line this year is tricky...trying to upgrade Roughead to anyone around $519k and no one really stands out lol....only forward i want that i don't have is Nroo but he is too $$. J.Cameron is interesting averaging the most but i can't see him keeping this up? ANB is also tricky cos he has never produced these numbers before, role change? or just breaking out? Greene isn't doing all that great either, but he has runs on the board. Gunston an option too i suppose.

Bla, I want to improve my team, but all the uber midfielders are 25-60k too expensive for me as i only have 767k to play with across 2 trades :( and 1 trade will be used for a Balic/Fisher who are 125-132k so I have about 634-641k to upgrade with.
So where have you got your cash to upgrade from?

giphy.gif

Going Pickett to Balic gives you $51K. Add that to WHE's $394K gives you $445K. So you obviously already have $60K+ in the bank?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back