MVP Round 6 Votes vs North Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Amazed we won given how pessimistic I was at the start of the game. Smothered them and a huge win without 5 or 6 best 22. Could have killed them if we kicked straight.

5. Shannon Hurn - Worked into in the first half and gave us a lot of counter attack. His kicking is definitely not dropping off. Outstanding in the air as well.
4. Scott Selwood - 55 touches or so it seemed, Selwood was always around it and definitely has wheels.
3. Josh Hill - 4 goals, the chases, the grabs, great effort from someone who I wasn't hugely sold on when we got him. Definitely an Eagle for me now.
2. Beau Waters - Faded a bit late but definitely played well in the first half. Had him top 2 at half time.
1. Matt Priddis - Was everywhere at the bottom of packs, great effort all round. Kicking was pretty suspect at times but did enough for me.

HMs Cox, carrying the ruck himself. Shuey, lifted when we needed. Kerr, that smother alone was worth it. Glass and Emac.

DHM: Gaff has been great recently, but he seemed to shirk the contest a bit today. Not calling him a squib just yet but he didn't throw his body around as much as I recall he does. Hopefully just a one off, played well despite that.

5 - Scott Selwood
4 - Josh Hill
3 - Shannon Hurn
2 - Dean Cox
1 - Beau Waters

Priddis was terrible today. turnover merchant.

5: Scott Selwood - He's elite now, freak.
4: Josh Hill - Brilliant in every way. Couldn't be happier with him.
3: Shannon Hurn - Bit stiff at 3, did his job perfectly.
2: Beau Waters - Same as Hurn, what a season he is having.
1: Eric McKenzie - Destroyed Petrie, one of the best CHBs in the league.

5. Hurn
4. Scooter
3. Hill
2. Waters
1. Mackenzie

Encouragement award - Scott Lycett

Going to have to agree with E87 today, Priddis was terrible by foot. I wouldn't say he was shit though overall. In a game with few standout performers it wouldn't be ridiculous to give Priddis a vote. His 3 clangers were atrocious today still.

5: S.Selwood
4: Hill
3: Waters
2: Glass
1: Shuey

Not giving Hurn a vote on principle, I thought he was pretty bad for 60% of the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OK, This is the Rd 6 Votes thread, not the Priddis or other poster bashing thread. Pull your heads in and enjoy the win for God's sake.

EDIT: No E87, people don't have to justify their votes. It's NOT the Brownlow Medal, it's who supporters, as misguided as you or I think they might be, deem are worth the votes.

5. Hill. Did some wonderful things outside of the 4 goals that he kicked
4. Hurn. Set up play with his superb kicking and got a crucial goal when we needed it
3. Scooter. Was everywhere and really stood up
2. Waters. A rock
1. Cox. Has been down a little lately and really stepped up in the absence of Naita

Hm's to Shuey and Brennan. Great debut

So hard to order the top few, they all gave us very different things. Great to see Waters in so many.

1. Mckenzie
2. Hill
3. Selwood
4. Waters
5. Hurn

Lots of defenders since I thought the defensive work really won us the game.

Remove this Banner Ad

MVP Round 6 Votes vs North Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Back