MVP Round 6 Votes vs North Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

5. Scott Selwood. Can't go past his workrate and massive possession count can't be ignored. He got it in tight and he also worked his backside off to get open all game long. I love this kid.
4. Josh Hill. He was well and truly the X Factor for us today. His overhead marking is just superb and his kicking for goal looks so much better than it has done in the past.
3. Shannon Hurn. Kicked some crucial goals and his intercept marking and kicking was important. He provided a lot of run as well.
2. Dean Cox. Brilliant effort in the ruck and up forward as he didn't really have much support from Lynch and Lycett. Took some important marks at key points in the game.
1. Eric MacKenzie. He monstered Drew Petrie for most of the game and that can't be understated. He's got a lot smarter with his kicking and disposal as well. If he has Hurn or Waters around he gives it to them, otherwise he bangs it long (which created a goal today).

HM: Beau Waters, Darren Glass and, despite some of his kicking, Matt Priddis.

5 - Scooter - Given how poor Kerr and Priddis were (damn I hate agreeing with E87 on principle :p but I have to agree Pridda had a horror disposal game today) it was really important for an inside mid to stand up today and I thought Scooter was terrific
4 - Waters - Terrific again - and I have given him two HM's last two weeks so have to push him up the votes today.
3 - Hill - made the most of his opportunities, a great pick up
2 - Hurn - consistently rebounded well from defence
1 - Cox - showed how great a player he is in the absence of NickNat
HM - Shuey, Glass, Pridda (clearances were as good as ever still ... but those clangers :()

5. Scooter
4. Hurn
3. Hill
2. Mackenzie
1. Waters

HM. Cox, Shuey, Glass and Rosa

I found it pretty hard to decide on the positions for 1-5 this week. Our good players were all very good.

5. Scooter
4. Hurn
3. Hill
2. Waters
1. Cox

Think Priddis is very unlucky to miss out here. Also reckon Masten played well in patches and Shuey IMO played his way into the game nicely.

EDIT: Can't believe I forgot Glass here, he was fantastic. Made one error (handballed to a North player resulting in a goal) and played brilliant for the rest of the game.

DHM: Gaff has been great recently, but he seemed to shirk the contest a bit today. Not calling him a squib just yet but he didn't throw his body around as much as I recall he does. Hopefully just a one off, played well despite that.

You've got to be joking. Gaff certainly wasn't in best 5 today but to list him as a dishonourable mention is laughable. He got us out of a lot of tough spots today and his poise and efficiency when under pressure (sometimes mid-push or tackle) is sensational for a 2nd year player.

Anyway, here are my votes:

5. Hill
4. Scooter
3. Priddis
2. Kerr
1. Waters

Unlucky to miss out: Masten, Hurn, Cox, Shuey

What did you see?

5. Hurn
4. Scooter
3. Hill
2. Cox
1. Waters

Thought Hill in particular was fantastic.
Cox underrated performance again.

Fumbly, clangers, dropping marks.

In hindsight probably a bit harsh. I accept he was very good for the rest of it. His sloppiness in the first half annoyed me though.

Still love him anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only time Gaff's presence actually cost us anything was that crazy courageous jump back into the pack with the flight of the ball. The spillage caused North to surge forward and (from memory) kick a goal.

I saw one instance where Gaff was a bit low intensity. From memory there was a bunch of Eagles swooping on a lone Kangaroo, and they were all too soft and let him get through. He just needs to be more assertive with his body at times, but he's already improving at that aspect each week. He had a decent game.

You've got to be joking. Gaff certainly wasn't in best 5 today but to list him as a dishonourable mention is laughable. He got us out of a lot of tough spots today and his poise and efficiency when under pressure (sometimes mid-push or tackle) is sensational for a 2nd year player.

I said he had a good game, I just didn't like the tendency to squib which was noticable I thought. I wasn't saying he was bad, or our worst, or even in the bottom half. He played decently, just saying I didn't like seeing him shrik the contests a couple times, that's the bit I dishonourably mentioned.

5. S Selwood
4. Hurn
3. Hill
2. Cox
1. McKenzie

Lycett: deer in headlights. Needs to put that down as learning experience and soldier on.

Priddis: too many turn overs. Turned the clock back 3 years.

Remove this Banner Ad

MVP Round 6 Votes vs North Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Back