Game Day Round 7, 2018 - Brisbane Lions vs. Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
3KZ is Football’s Official Best Three Wins Against Collingwood

Gold Medal Victory

My brain exploded when Akermanis kicked the sealer. This was one of the most desperate and heroic efforts from the Greatest Team I have ever seen.

Silver Medal Victory

Paul Roos ... what more can you say!

Bronze Medal Victory

Another Premiership. Enjoyed this one because we came in as underdogs and stamped our authority all over Collingwood. Great to see the boys stick it up Eddie and his Victorian Media Darlings. Robert Walls must have backed Collingwood, because he was bleeding in the box.

Honourable Mentions
https://afltables.com/afl/stats/games/1979/040619790407.html
At this one. A nasty game of football. Gary Wilson was knocked out in the opening minutes of the first quarter by Ron Wearmouth, if my memory serves me correctly. A violent brawl ensued and the Umpires lost control of the game. The score in the first quarter was so low because nobody wanted to go near the ball. Every possession was a potential king hit for the ball carrier. At quarter time they brought Wilson out on a stretcher and the Fitzroy boys IGNITED! I have never seen a team play so angry and with such resolve. Collingwood were humbled on their home ground in front of their supporters in the opening round of the season. I will never forget the animosity on the ground and in the stands. This sort of game could never happen again.

At this one too. Bernie Quinlan made history at the Junction Oval.

There’s nothing like beating Collingwood. Let’s hope we can do it today.

Smashing them at their last game at Vic Park has to be right up there!

Rev..vvv..vvv..eenge.(quote-Fish called Wanda) for 2016.
Need some 'Nourishment!'....if all else fails I'll just go to the fridge.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Easy kick to an open leading forward? Nah, we’ll take another miss thanks

Eagles going hard. Can't see him keeping up this intensity though for the whole game. glory be he looks driven.
He needs to reel it in a bit. The umps have given him some leeway after going on with it late a couple of times

Positive signs apart from Bundy's kick and Eagles mistake

Martin should not be given the ball to kick inside 50

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back