Game Day Round 7, 2019: Melbourne v Hawthorn, 4 May 2019, 1.45pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Harmes' tag on O'Meara probably won them the game. Shows how badly we miss having two top tier mids in the side. Not a lot of easy games in our immediate future now.

Nothing left in the cupboard either what happens when you voluntarily forfeit your right to the best talent the draft will allow you access to year after year after year .Clarko been a great coach but he’s more concerned with career stats when he’s done than the future of our club it seems now .

And there goes my fever for the night.
We just aren't good enough.
Constantly bombing it to Gawn????? Why?

Oh well, there's still beer, boobies and fast cars - all is not lost.

Have a few old hands that still put up good efforts but our lower, young players still a bit away from being the experienced blokes we're used to.

Saying that, defense and mids applying very little defensive pressure, just battlers that get treated like witches hats on the rebound. Very disappointing.

We are in massive strife going forward fellas. No overreacting here, but let’s be real.
Will be a long season and a long next couple of years I feel, we are a defensive, scared and reactive football side.
Extremely disappointing and don’t mind me saying it, but weak.
Yes, totally agree. Everyone needs to get their hands dirty and make those tackles stick and effective.

Shattered.

**** me. We are a long way off it.

Was O'Meara injured, or did he just get completely shut out of it second term? He had two handballs, literally 10 meters from the Demons goals within one play, for the entire second half. Staggering.

Not his fault but, we are just so thin in there. Worpel looked like a second year player today. He is going to need a rest soon.
Harmes started tagging Omeara and completely pulled his pants down in the 2nd half.. after omeara we really don’t have any other match winning mids

Harmes' tag on O'Meara probably won them the game. Shows how badly we miss having two top tier mids in the side. Not a lot of easy games in our immediate future now.
Tend to agree. Harmes also was their best attacking mid once he started to tag O'Meara. Shows that Jaeger was not defensively accountable enough once he wasn't getting his own ball.

10 day vs 6 day break shouldn't have been a factor but still earlyish in the season, it wouldn't have helped.

Not an excuse whatsoever, they were on their knees and for some reason in the second quarter we completely stunk it up, became reactive and went into our shells.
We gave up the ascendancy and have them a sniff and got our just desserts.
We are nowhere near it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Awful awful game. Dees are the worst team in it so far this year and actually didn’t play that well today either. We just played incredibly worse. Many senior players should be embarrassed.

Evidently they aren't the worst team.

We stole the game against Carlton and North, and where do we think they will finish this year?

We are a bottom 4 side with cloggers like Brand, O'Brien, etc. playing.

Demons deserved to win, they were just harder at the ball we could just not get our hands on the ball.

What really pissed me off was the center clearance time and time again we were second to the ball while Melbourne got first use and put us under the backs under pressure.

We really looked soft at times ...we just have to harden up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back