AFLW Round 7 - 2024 AFLW season (Tues 8th - Sun 13th Oct)

Remove this Banner Ad

Final batch of mid-week games for the season:
Tuesday, 8 October

St Kilda
(10th, 3-3) v GWS Giants (16th, 1-4-1)
7.15pm AEDT, Kinetic Stadium
7mate - NSW
Wednesday, 9 October

Adelaide (5th, 5-1) v Melbourne (13th, 2-4)
7.45pm AEDT, Norwood Oval
7mate - VIC, SA, WA

And then the standard 9 games of the round to follow:

Thursday, 10 October

Port Adelaide
(10th, 3-4) v Collingwood (17th, 1-6)
7.45pm AEDT, Alberton Oval
7mate - SA

Friday, 11 October

W. Bulldogs
(14th, 2-5) v Essendon (8th, 4-3)
7.15pm AEDT, Mission Whitten Oval
7mate - VIC, SA, WA, QLD

Saturday, 12 October

Hawthorn
(3rd, 6-1) v West Coast (9th, 4-3)
1.05pm AEDT, Kinetic Stadium
7mate - WA

Richmond (4th, 5-2) v Geelong (12th, 2-4-1)
3.05pm AEDT, Swinburne Centre
Exclusive to Foxtel/Kayo

Brisbane
(2nd, 6-1) v Gold Coast (18th, 0-6-1)
5.05pm AEDT, Brighton Homes Arena
7mate - QLD

Fremantle (6th, 5-2) v Carlton (15th, 2-5)
7.15pm AEDT, Fremantle Oval
7mate - VIC, WA, NSW, SA, QLD

Sunday, 13 October

North Melb.
(1st, 6-0-1) v Sydney (13th, 2-5)
1.05pm AEDT, North Hobart Oval
7mate - VIC, NSW, WA, QLD

St Kilda (7th, 4-3) v Melbourne (11th, 3-4)
3.05pm AEDT, RSEA Park
7mate - VIC, NSW, WA, QLD

GWS Giants (16th, 1-5-1) v Adelaide (5th, 5-2)
5.05pm AEDT, Henson Park
7mate - NSW, SA

First time meetings this round between Port Adelaide and Collingwood, as well as the Bulldogs and Essendon.

Adelaide and Melbourne face off for the 11th time, currently 5-5 head-to-head.

The Gold Coast Suns are set to make their first appearance at Brighton Homes Arena, for the 6th edition of the QClash, which Brisbane are yet to lose (drew the 1st one back in 2020).

For the first time since February 2022, AFLW returns to North Hobart Oval, where North Melbourne holds a 5-0 record.

Last edited:
Zreika playing tonight? Not listed in the outs.
GWS wearing their regular jumper tonight (which itself will create a bit of a clash, but their pride jumper would be even worse).

Third time this year the Giants should've been in a white jumper. Or a full orange version of their charcoal clash.

This dumb half light / half dark jumper stuff just doesn't cut it when both teams are in dark shorts.

Some of the worst teamwork by GWS. The kid Ramsdale has no idea what to do with the footy (not her fault)... when is somebody going to run past for an easy handball receive?

Zreika 9 touches for 7m gained, O'Dowd 4 touches for 7m gained. That's when you know your run-and-carry gameplan has failed.

Top 8 not overly misleading right now, probably for the first time all season.

Port Adelaide will get their chance to prove otherwise across the next month, particularly with the match at home vs St Kilda, which oddly enough could be the game that knocks the Bombers out of finals contention.

As long as the Saints beat Melbourne and the Bulldogs, they should make the 8 from here. Their very straightforward form line says that'll happen.

Gift after gift for the Melbourne back half in that quarter. How often did Adelaide look for a short 45 or sideways kick rather than kicking straight and long? Maybe once.

Massive stuff up from such a professional outfit such as Channel 7. We just love the footy.
Not AFLW but if I’m not mistaken 7 got Sydney’s team list wrong on Grand ****ing Final day. I believe they named Fox as the starting substitute rather than Campbell.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's not often you see such a lopsided free kick count not favouring the home team in Adelaide.

View attachment 2136583

The umpiring was honestly a joke tonight. HTB paid for legitimate disposals, holding the player paid when the player had the ball. Players cannoned into without the ball, no free kick.

I might even be able to muster up the energy to be angry about it if the Crows had bothered to fire a shot tonight.

The umpiring was honestly a joke tonight. HTB paid for legitimate disposals, holding the player paid when the player had the ball. Players cannoned into without the ball, no free kick.

I might even be able to muster up the energy to be angry about it if the Crows had bothered to fire a shot tonight.
The HTB decision tonight were rather interesting, I thought there were at least three called that should have been play on and another 4 or 5 that were let go that should have been HTB.

The only thing about the umpiring in the AFLW that is consistent is how inconsistent it is.

The HTB decision tonight were rather interesting, I thought there were at least three called that should have been play on and another 4 or 5 that were let go that should have been HTB.

The only thing about the umpiring in the AFLW that is consistent is how inconsistent it is.

I swear the interpretation for HTB has changed in the last few weeks compared to the start of the season, where umpires are determined to pay it at every opportunity, regardless of whether someone has prior opportunity, or if they actually do dispose of the ball. Just pay it anyway! It almost feels like one of those rules of the week that is usually preceded by a press conference, except here it's just happened organically.

The last few Crows matches I've watched it has damaged both teams (not to mention the quality of the spectacle) equally. Not so much tonight. I guess Melbourne just adapted to the new interpretation better than the Crows did.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFLW Round 7 - 2024 AFLW season (Tues 8th - Sun 13th Oct)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back