Review Round 7- Review/Rant megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has his shortcomings but I think he's massively under-rated. Who else looked at the line-up at the beginning of the game, saw Shaggy lining up on the ruckman and thought "here we go"?

I don't agree that he necessarily needs others around him playing well but he does play particularly well when he can combine with his fellow defenders. We have a considerably weaker defence when he is not out there IMO.

I'd like to see Shaggy take a game by the scruff of the neck and turn into a match winner. While he isn't that type of player, just having belief in himself would be a good start

Then to top it off a MOD, on here asks the question after a great win should we look at trading Will Minson, may I suggest to him that is not very smart post.

There's nothing wrong with people airing their opinions, we all support the same team and while some seem way out on the other end of spectrum, they are only opinions after all.

Would I trade Minnow? No, we don't have the ruck stocks ready to cover and I still think he can play part in future plans.

Congrats to the bulldogs. You guys played really well. Full credit goes to you because you caught us on the hop.

Before the game I thought we were going to win but it wasn't going to be a mauling.

Just watched the replay and re Grant his pressure is great but he looks to have gone too far one way. It's hard for someone like him who isn't a natural at these pressure acts to be told you need to improve that area. He has done that extremely well but needs to find a bit of a balance to his game.

Congrats to the bulldogs. You guys played really well. Full credit goes to you because you caught us on the hop.

Before the game I thought we were going to win but it wasn't going to be a mauling.

Vale sweet prince.

May the cheese pizzas be plentiful wherever you may resting.

I enjoyed that one too. Just watched the replay, Wallis is a tackling machine.

I put a lazy $20 on Wallis to win the NAB rising star before the year began.
I reckon I'm not looking too bad right about now, what do you think? Is he a chance at this stage? Gotta be thereabouts.

I reckon I'm not looking too bad right about now, what do you think? Is he a chance at this stage? Gotta be thereabouts.

If he keeps playing well he is in it. Then again Libba had an awesome debut year and didn't even get a nomination. Who knows?

Certainly looking like your tip has been justified. He's been very good since coming back into the team.

He's playing great footy mate, but I think there's too much media on the GWS boys and think one of them will win it. Maybe Coniglio

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks for your opinions guys all constructive, I have no problem with anyone having a constructive opinion. I know how hard Will has worked and how much he loves the club and a rubbish post after a great win does not gell with me, and we all saw he gave Goldstein and Mc Intosh a bath in the ruck. I hate the bagging that goes on especially in the Williamstown reports , and I will say it again we are talking about kids who are playing senior football for the first time these guys are straight out of the TAC, Talia,Roberts,Pearce,Greenwood ,Jong,Redpath,Smith,believe me their kicking will improve as will their game in general,(7 eighteen year olds playing in Williamstown great effort) they have been beaten by less than a goal twice and given a hiding by a mature Port with bigger bodies. I watch Willy every week and it would be great if a lot of You Big Footy forum members could get to a few games to make up their own minds, I am sure you would be pleasantly surprised.

Thanks for your opinions guys all constructive, I have no problem with anyone having a constructive opinion. I know how hard Will has worked and how much he loves the club and a rubbish post after a great win does not gell with me, and we all saw he gave Goldstein and Mc Intosh a bath in the ruck. I hate the bagging that goes on especially in the Williamstown reports , and I will say it again we are talking about kids who are playing senior football for the first time these guys are straight out of the TAC, Talia,Roberts,Pearce,Greenwood ,Jong,Redpath,Smith,believe me their kicking will improve as will their game in general,(7 eighteen year olds playing in Williamstown great effort) they have been beaten by less than a goal twice and given a hiding by a mature Port with bigger bodies. I watch Willy every week and it would be great if a lot of You Big Footy forum members could get to a few games to make up their own minds, I am sure you would be pleasantly surprised.

I couldn't agree more blackpup. The unthinking, small-minded criticism of our younger players makes me sick.

Mulligan is a good case in point: James is unlikely to make it as an AFL player but the club wants to persevere with him and his efforts are obviously valued by the coaching staff. Why does an honest trier who probably hasn't got the goods to make the grade deserve the vitriolic, personal ridicule some on here subject him to? Makes me ashamed of our supporters - we are devolving into a poor man's Richmond whose supporters seek solace from our lack of sucess by eating our own.

I agree totally re Williamstown - I love heading down to have a look, and even went to Werribee back when we were affiliated there too even though I lived bloody miles away. Of course people are generally reactive and over the top on here.. but take it with a grain of salt and don't get too caught up in it, it's easy to take pot-shots over the web.

Mulligan is a good case in point: James is unlikely to make it as an AFL player but the club wants to persevere with him and his efforts are obviously valued by the coaching staff. Why does an honest trier who probably hasn't got the goods to make the grade deserve the vitriolic, personal ridicule some on here subject him to? Makes me ashamed of our supporters - we are devolving into a poor man's Richmond whose supporters seek solace from our lack of sucess by eating our own.

Oh Please.

I've never seen any personal abuse on bigfooty aimed at Mulligan. A lot of the abuse is aimed at the football club for keeping him around for so long. If he's a shit kick or a shit mark or a shit punch well that's more a matter of personal opinion than it is a personal attack on his character as a person.

As football fans we have the right to have our opinions on football related matters. And if the coaching staff value having James around and we can't figure out why than we're allowed to question that! Doesn't matter if we're right or wrong, that's the fun of it all!

It's also very very rare that our 18 and 19 year old players get a bake. The VAST majority of people are reasonable thinking peeps who are willing to wait a lot longer before they start to get a bit fed up with poor performing players.

761.png

Oh Please.

I've never seen any personal abuse on bigfooty aimed at Mulligan. A lot of the abuse is aimed at the football club for keeping him around for so long. If he's a shit kick or a shit mark or a shit punch well that's more a matter of personal opinion than it is a personal attack on his character as a person.

As football fans we have the right to have our opinions on football related matters. And if the coaching staff value having James around and we can't figure out why than we're allowed to question that! Doesn't matter if we're right or wrong, that's the fun of it all!

It's also very very rare that our 18 and 19 year old players get a bake. The VAST majority of people are reasonable thinking peeps who are willing to wait a lot longer before they start to get a bit fed up with poor performing players.

761.png
Such senseless rustling of Jimmies.

I thought Cords showed another glimpse. He took an equal game high of 4 contested marks, plus a few party tricks. Shame that pick up off the ground at full tilt didn't end up with a much better handball though. Still good to see a guy at 200cm do that.

I’m happy to say I saw a glimpse of something as well TK. Cordy, who’d already taken some grabs, was on the half forward flank and had a couple of attendants with him but was calling for the ball to be kicked to him. I could hear him from level 3. His tone was assertive and determined. It was kicked to him, spoiled and cleared by the defense but that didn’t matter. What I saw and heard was a bit of killer instinct. He was in the ascendancy, he wanted the ball, wanted to dominate and stick it up them. I like that. My other recollections of the day are happy but a little hazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back