Round 7 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

does horsley have to go back to the rookie list when harbrow comes back from the elbow? or can he be re-upgraded immediately for bock, definitely getting him anyway but he looks a keeper at this stage, had a similar start to barlow and he ended up at about 550 grand at the end of the year

Goodes>Beams
Magner/Shiel>Horsely

or

Goodes> Beams
Devon Smith> Horsley (can only do if Treloar plays this week)

Who would you trade out of Magner, Shiel & Devon Smith if you had that choice?

Probably Magner to Horsely (Is there anyone not trading this guy in?)
Golby (Yes I held onto him) to Heppel

I am in a pickle with my rucks, have Ryder, Kruezar, Giles & Stephenson. Ryder after getting of to such a promising start when playing as first ruck, but with Hurley going down Ryder has been playing forward and only avg 70. I think with Bellchambers playing well i think Hirdy will be tempted to leave Ryder as a fwd even when Hurley comes back...... So i need to get rid of him before he loses any more $$, with Giles and Kruezar i have a solid ruck pairing so want to cash in on Ryder but there doesnt appear to be any downgrade options.... Of you that follow vfl,sanfl,wafl etc which rookie priced ruckmen looks most likely to get an opportunity, even if its not for a few weeks, am prepared to take a risk so i can cash in on Ryder.

Probably Magner to Horsely (Is there anyone not trading this guy in?)
Golby (Yes I held onto him) to Heppel

I've got Golby, It's not the worst idea to hold onto him for this week, playing Collingwood we tend to let defenders like him rack up cheap disposals and big scores (Hargrave, Rance for example).

As for my trades, Magner to Horsley and waiting on Ablett, possibly C.Smith or Shiel

Goodes>Beams
Magner/Shiel>Horsely

or

Goodes> Beams
Devon Smith> Horsley (can only do if Treloar plays this week)

Who would you trade out of Magner, Shiel & Devon Smith if you had that choice?

Magner is mature aged and less likely to be vested while Devon has DP.

Magner is also better for negotiating the first bye round.

You wouldn't believe the amount of crap I copped on here for trading Gibbs to Greene after Rd 2. :rolleyes: (Saw the writing on the wall as soon as he went back to defence) Gibbs averaging 91 & Greene averaging 94. That trade also gave me enough cash to upgrade a non playing def rookie (L Brown) to Deledio that week and he's been the highest averaging defender this year so far. To think I got laughed at by BF's so called DT experts when I said that was a WINNING trade. :cool:

Make enough trades and some will work :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Magner is mature aged and less likely to be vested while Devon has DP.

Magner is also better for negotiating the first bye round.

I've decided to trade Shiel>Horsely instead of Magner, mostly due to having too many Rd 11 bye player in my mids (currently 4) will be 3 this week & 2 after Rd10 when I bring Ablett back in. Ablett & Horsely will be very important in Rd's 11 & 12 to say the least...

Out: Bugg, Shiel
In: Heppell, Chapman

I reckon Bugg is a keeper this year given the dismal options in the backlines, at least until after the byes.

Chapman is a risk for mine. So many of the dodgy injured players or over 30's have gone down already this year. Its only a matter of time before Chapman joins them IMO.

You wouldn't believe the amount of crap I copped on here for trading Gibbs to Greene after Rd 2. :rolleyes: (Saw the writing on the wall as soon as he went back to defence) Gibbs averaging 91 & Greene averaging 94. That trade also gave me enough cash to upgrade a non playing def rookie (L Brown) to Deledio that week and he's been the highest averaging defender this year so far. To think I got laughed at by BF's so called DT experts when I said that was a WINNING trade. :cool:

Proved to be a good decision in hindsight but could have gone either way and you have burned two trades to get where you cold have been to start with. Realise that you have to adjust once you have made mistakes though.

I still have Gibbs and can't bring myself to trade him. I am trading Parker to Horsley as Luke has been good but I can't see him making too much more money or being a top 10 mid this year. Gibbs on the other hand could be thrown into the middle at some stage. Here's hoping.

I've decided to trade Shiel>Horsely instead of Magner, mostly due to having too many Rd 11 bye player in my mids (currently 4) will be 3 this week & 2 after Rd10 when I bring Ablett back in. Ablett & Horsely will be very important in Rd's 11 & 12 to say the least...
Smart thinking.

While trading out Magner is probably better for a cash perspective, it is worth keeping him over Shiel because of the bye flexibility.

Definitely:

Magner > Horsley (mostly for originality)

Considering:

Ellis > Heppell.

Might bench Goodes this week and trade him next week. Can bring in Kennedy and Adams to cover, both of whom might be decent against a weaker opposition, leaving me Smedts as EMG. Risky, but need to strengthen my backline NOW. Then again, considering both my luck at the moment and Richmond's form against Sydney at the MCG, maybe both Ellis and Morris (my backline tweedledee and tweedledum, happily jumping from bench to backline and back again) will score well. Thoughts?

Then next week Beams for Goodes, more than likely.

Do some research?

I don't know every young player in the league from every team that might be getting a go soon. Part of research is asking people who know more than you do about a certain subject i.e. their team.

But thanks anyway.

I need to downgrade Sean Dempster (big mistake getting him in the first place) but i don't seem to have many options. My best options are Gillies, Spurr, and even Karmichael. I'm leaning towards the special K only because i'm not sure about gillies' and Spurr's JS, and karmichael will keep improving game after game. Are there better options?

Trading Magner to Horsley.

Then upgrading Shiel to s.Selwood..or any other premium with the rnd 11 bye as i have two premiums for each of the other two bye rounds.

Any other options for the rnd 11 bye premiums...seems its pretty much only boyd who will drop $$ who i could potentially bring in as M6 later on. Thus giving me 6 premium mids with two having a bye in each bye round.

Proved to be a good decision in hindsight but could have gone either way and you have burned two trades to get where you cold have been to start with. Realise that you have to adjust once you have made mistakes though.

I still have Gibbs and can't bring myself to trade him. I am trading Parker to Horsley as Luke has been good but I can't see him making too much more money or being a top 10 mid this year. Gibbs on the other hand could be thrown into the middle at some stage. Here's hoping.

Obviously, if I had gotten my initial squad right I wouldn't have burnt so many trades to date.

Trading out Gibbs was a good move at the time, nothing to do with hindsight. It made perfect sense to me at the time to move him on.

1) Reason being, I picked Gibbs to be my M3 for the season.
(Ablett, Thompson, Gibbs & Hayes as my 4 premium mids) Hayes more of a mid pricer based on his starting price at least.

2) I picked Gibbs due to pre-season hype where Ratten said he wanted Gibbs to make the step up from being our 3rd best player to our best player this year and that he would be playing midfield full time this year with stints up forward. It was a risk worth taking as Gibbs averaged 107 last year despite often having to play in defence and occasional shut down roles. A full time move to the midfield in my opinion meant he could improve that 107 2011 average to 112+ and be a top 6 mid! I had 667k left in the bank at Rd1 so could have taken Swan, Pendles, Boyd or Murphy instead. I just thought after last year, that Murphy would get the #1 tag, Judd #2 and Gibbs could run free and pump out Stanton 2012 type scores and Collingwood would start slow, which they did as reasons for not trading him for Pendles, Swan.

3) As soon as Gibbs went back to defence and played lock down in Rd2 I decided to cut my losses as even if he only had to play that role 4-5 times this year, it would mean he wouldn't average super premium scores for the season. @ 529k he was around the 12th most expensive mid prior to Rd1. Way too much money for a player who might score a 120+ one week but a 50-60 the week after. I could have just upgraded him to Murphy, Swan, Boyd etc but my backline was quite weak initially (averaging 500 points over the 1st 2 rounds) so that needed addressing as a matter of priority.

4) The way Gibbs price is dropping, 450k ATM with a relatively high B/E he and Greene will be worth around about the same by the time GWS have their bye. I made 300k out of the Gibbs> Greene trade and wound up with a player averaging more. As it stands there is only 150k difference in price between the two of them now. Will be only 50k or so in a few weeks time. 250k profit & higher scoring by the rookie on an early downgrade was well worth burning an early trade on IMHO.

As for you keeping him, good on you I'm sure he will be thrown back into the middle at some point and pump out some huge scores, he does a few times every year. May well end up being a top 10 mid, I just needed him to be top 3-4 to justify keeping him for the year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 7 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Back