Autopsy Round 7 vs Richmond @ MARVEL - 30/04/23 - 3:20pm

Remove this Banner Ad

What's everyones thoughts on giving Tom Berry a run over Rosas? Thought he did some nice things in the twos (albeit missed chunks of the game).
Not for mine, can't quite see it there yet but maybe in time he becomes an afl player. I'm probably on board with most saying sexton for rosas, I think Humphrey for miller and either farrar or uwland for Andrew. I'm not as much against Andrew as others but think right now farrar and uwland are better defensively. Wouldn't be against atkins or davies but expecting minimal changes.

Not for mine, can't quite see it there yet but maybe in time he becomes an afl player. I'm probably on board with most saying sexton for rosas, I think Humphrey for miller and either farrar or uwland for Andrew. I'm not as much against Andrew as others but think right now farrar and uwland are better defensively. Wouldn't be against atkins or davies but expecting minimal changes.
Sexton provides more of a target than Tom Berry, might take some relief off of Ainsworth and let him roam through the middle.

Farrar in for Andrew and Humphrey for Touk are good calls.

Sexton, Farrar and Humphrey in
Touk, Andrew and Rosas out

Feel bad for Mally, has had an almost season but is down on confidence quite a bit.

On SM-G996B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yeah that's fair I don't disagree. I would personally keep Andrew to get games in to him, not as down on him as others.

Now that Touk's out for the short to medium term, who comes in?
Davies, Tsitas, Constable, Hollands or someone from left field like Lloyd Johnson.
Could use his speed of half back even though he's raw as anything.
Could also put in Jed Anderson but he'd realistically needs a few games in the VFL

Now that Touk's out for the short to medium term, who comes in?
Davies, Tsitas, Constable, Hollands or someone from left field like Lloyd Johnson.
Could use his speed of half back even though he's raw as anything.
Could also put in Jed Anderson but he'd realistically needs a few games in the VFL
Depends on J. Anderson’s injury from the weekend.

Humphrey, + Davies or Hollands (and later Flanders) if we want youth/future.

Fiorini, Blakely or Anderson types if we want mature or experienced bodies.

Maybe Swallow full-time, with Humphrey to take his mid/forward role.

Could also add someone like Weller into the midfield rotations to try something knew, and bring in an outside player like Atkins. We lose a lot of defensive pressure if we do that though.

Depends on J. Anderson’s injury from the weekend.

Humphrey, + Davies or Hollands (and later Flanders) if we want youth/future.

Fiorini, Blakely or Anderson types if we want mature or experienced bodies.

Maybe Swallow full-time, with Humphrey to take his mid/forward role.

Could also add someone like Weller into the midfield rotations to try something knew, and bring in an outside player like Atkins. We lose a lot of defensive pressure if we do that though.
Jed Anderson was not injured yesterday. Played only half then did some extra running.

What does a meniscus tear usually look like in terms of time out? 10-12 weeks?
It could be also only 4-6 weeks. It depends if it’s part which heals with sutures or part which is just removed, the size of damage. It could be only a couple of weeks if only minor shaving needed (not Touk’s case most probably). It took a lot of time e.g. Powell to come back with 2 surgeries needed. They will know after surgery. It did look like a major damage from similar pain like Powell.

Anyone reckon Cheater could get a run? Has the capability of going through the middle, and unlike a large portion of our midfield grade, he is comfortable up forward. Kicked a few goals in the twos.

I know his one senior game thus far was ordinary, but if he gets it right he has a skillset we could use

Anyone reckon Cheater could get a run? Has the capability of going through the middle, and unlike a large portion of our midfield grade, he is comfortable up forward. Kicked a few goals in the twos.

I know his one senior game thus far was ordinary, but if he gets it right he has a skillset we could use

Pass for me. VFL level player.

What's everyones thoughts on giving Tom Berry a run over Rosas? Thought he did some nice things in the twos (albeit missed chunks of the game).

I reckon Berry is Holman’s like for like if he gets injured/loses form.

From the weekends game though, Berry is definitely trying to add more linking run up and down the ground though. He was sucking in the big ones.

Jed Anderson was not injured yesterday. Played only half then did some extra running.
Ah, gotcha. Thought it was a new injury, but was clearly just some management after coming back from injury. Good to know, as he may be one to look at if our midfield isn’t working in Toyo’s absence.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just coming home from the Richmond v dees game. Dusty looks like a shell of a player. Didn’t get anywhere near it.
Really have to watch Riewoldt aswell. Look really sharp on the lead.
Taranto also had a coming of age game.
Ill Be Back Jim Carrey GIF

Really used his body yesterday.Great to see him in Beast Mode
I like it when we just see him lead at the ball. He’s quick enough to get a gap on his defender, big enough that they can’t get their spoiling arm around and a nice leap.

I’d probably also go
Out: rosas, Miller, andrew
In: sexton, humphrey, farrar
Sub: Hollands.

Sexton, Rosas direct swap.

Humphrey in to the starting line up, to play forward. Wouldn’t mind him taking a few centre bounces and then drifting forward with swallow coming back from forward line onto the ball.

Fiorini and swallow to play more on ball.

Andrew has done some nice things but think he’s not as good as farrar right now. Farrar a far better match up for Cumberland who did play well against us last year.

Ryan: ballard
Riewoldt: collins
Cumberland: farrar

Hollands to come on and can play forward or midfield.

I’d probably also go
Out: rosas, Miller, andrew
In: sexton, humphrey, farrar
Sub: Hollands.

Sexton, Rosas direct swap.

Humphrey in to the starting line up, to play forward. Wouldn’t mind him taking a few centre bounces and then drifting forward with swallow coming back from forward line onto the ball.

Fiorini and swallow to play more on ball.

Andrew has done some nice things but think he’s not as good as farrar right now. Farrar a far better match up for Cumberland who did play well against us last year.

Ryan: ballard
Riewoldt: collins
Cumberland: farrar

Hollands to come on and can play forward or midfield.
That’s what I think too. Small forwards and medium forwards are our bane.

Also, based on our current midfield, I’d say Rowell will have to take Touk’s place (has some strength and a bit of burst and runs both ways), while someone like Swallow can be a more defensive mid that Rowell was doing.

So that leaves Anderson and Fiorini as the ones who have to get the chain and go forward.

Add in Humphrey, and hopefully Ainsworth or maybe even Weller/Powell to help out.

That’s what I think too. Small forwards and medium forwards are our bane.

Also, based on our current midfield, I’d say Rowell will have to take Touk’s place (has some strength and a bit of burst and runs both ways), while someone like Swallow can be a more defensive mid that Rowell was doing.

So that leaves Anderson and Fiorini as the ones who have to get the chain and go forward.

Add in Humphrey, and hopefully Ainsworth or maybe even Weller/Powell to help out.
I wouldn’t bring Ainsworth in to the middle.

High half forward role very difficult.
He’s averaging almost 18 touches and in our top 3 for score involvements.

His strengths are running power, not composure in traffic.

Powell I’m intrigued by.

Touk played the defensive role against North and it worked quite well not having Rowell carrying that load. Powell I think is too important down back at this stage but definitely something he could do. Maybe Davies or hollands could be a defensive mid.

I wouldn’t bring Ainsworth in to the middle.

High half forward role very difficult.
He’s averaging almost 18 touches and in our top 3 for score involvements.

His strengths are running power, not composure in traffic.

Powell I’m intrigued by.
A couple of runs for Ainsworth would not hurt. It's good to mix it up, spread the load a bit. Yes for :bearface:, Powell, Weller short stints too. I would not even mind to give a go to Jed Anderson. He is a recking ball.

I think we start mostly with Fiorini and Swallow taking Touk's minutes in the middle. One of better games by Fiorini against North. Flanders will probably get opportunity too when ready. There is still Davies there too.

IMO, not really tragedy for Touk missing. He will be missed for his 2-way power running but he was not at his best. I am really looking forward to see how other players take the opportunity.

Last edited:
We aren’t going to have a better opportunity to give any of Humphrey/Davies/Hollands a proper run in the middle to see who has what it takes to add to the midfield rotation. I just hope we make the most of it instead of just straight swapping Touk for Fiorini. And I don’t mean bring them in to watch them float around the forward line playing 55% TOG because Dew doesn’t know what to do with them only to send them back down to the midfield in VFL.

They are all talented, just lacking in opportunity. Well here it is.

We aren’t going to have a better opportunity to give any of Humphrey/Davies/Hollands a proper run in the middle to see who has what it takes to add to the midfield rotation. I just hope we make the most of it instead of just straight swapping Touk for Fiorini. And I don’t mean bring them in to watch them float around the forward line playing 55% TOG because Dew doesn’t know what to do with them only to send them back down to the midfield in VFL.

They are all talented, just lacking in opportunity. Well here it is.
I had no problem sending Davies and Hollands to VFL. They were pretty bad in AFL to put it mildly. Learn and work on your craft in VFL, get into form and come back. Don't get games just because you're talented. I don't buy into the idea that Hollands would be fantastic if played inside/forward. Watching him in VFL where he essentially played inside/forward he did not set the game on fire.

Humphrey's only issue is that he still has to be apparently managed in his 1st year after interrupted pre-season hence playing only half of games. But based on what he showed he is way ahead of Hollands for that forward/part time mid role. Not even close in contest.

While Davies is good inside in VFL he still struggles to engage and contribute more around the ground, forward. TBH, players like Blakely, Jed Anderson looked better in VFL than Davies.

Last edited:
Don't mind the jed Anderson call, not sure if his fitness would be at the level yet though having only played a half last week back from injury.

Don't mind the jed Anderson call, not sure if his fitness would be at the level yet though having only played a half last week back from injury.

Someone is going to have to play a negating role on Taranto. Ideally that was Touk but not to be.

Rowell could but the kid is playing so freely at the moment, why mess that up.

Swallow & Fiorini probs not. Not a lot of options. Blakeley could. Jed Anderson if fit enough?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back