Autopsy Round 7 vs Richmond @ MARVEL - 30/04/23 - 3:20pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Ill Be Back Jim Carrey GIF
Hang on
Am I in Costanza World?
That's always my meme bit for your overly optimistic posts:D:D

Someone is going to have to play a negating role on Taranto. Ideally that was Touk but not to be.

Rowell could but the kid is playing so freely at the moment, why mess that up.

Swallow & Fiorini probs not. Not a lot of options. Blakeley could. Jed Anderson if fit enough?
Presume after the job he did on Cheezel it's Mad Dog Holman

I had no problem sending Davies and Hollands to VFL. They were pretty bad in AFL to put it mildly. Learn and work on your craft in VFL, get into form and come back. Don't get games just because you're talented. I don't buy into the idea that Hollands would be fantastic if played inside/forward. Watching him in VFL where he essentially played inside/forward he did not set the game on fire.

Humphrey's only issue is that he still has to be apparently managed in his 1st year after interrupted pre-season hence playing only half of games. But based on what he showed he is way ahead of Hollands for that forward/part time mid role. Not even close in contest.

While Davies is good inside in VFL he still struggles to engage and contribute more around the ground, forward. TBH, players like Blakely, Jed Anderson looked better in VFL than Davies.
Humphrey's way ahead of anyone we've tried since Anderson and Rowell

I had no problem sending Davies and Hollands to VFL. They were pretty bad in AFL to put it mildly. Learn and work on your craft in VFL, get into form and come back. Don't get games just because you're talented. I don't buy into the idea that Hollands would be fantastic if played inside/forward. Watching him in VFL where he essentially played inside/forward he did not set the game on fire.

Humphrey's only issue is that he still has to be apparently managed in his 1st year after interrupted pre-season hence playing only half of games. But based on what he showed he is way ahead of Hollands for that forward/part time mid role. Not even close in contest.

While Davies is good inside in VFL he still struggles to engage and contribute more around the ground, forward. TBH, players like Blakely, Jed Anderson looked better in VFL than Davies.
Yes, haven’t watched the VFL but 0 marks for the game was a bit telling.

Presume after the job he did on Cheezel it's Mad Dog Holman
This really deserves more of a mention from the media. Sheezel was averaging 31.7 disposals prior to the game against us and Holman kept him to 11 touches. Outstanding stuff from a bloke that hardly ever gets any credit. If someone needs to be tagged then send the Mad Dog in.

Oh agreed that they deserved dropping. Was referring more to last year where we brought in Davies, Flanders, Tsitas, Oea, etc. and just played them sparingly on a flank out of the way before dropping them again.

We definitely need to be rewarding players on performance given our strong form in the VFL. But in saying that, if it’s line ball between Davies and Blakely for example, Id rather pick the younger one with long term potential to see if there is something there or not.

I would like to see Hollands settle into a midfield/forward role in the VFL over a number of weeks and go back to using the ball well before being considered (and play the same role consistently).

IMO.
Hollands first 5 games in 2022 were better than any of Humphreys games.

Let’s not let recency bias cloud our judgement.

Humphrey still shown ALOT.
Definitely should be playing all year.
We'll agree to disagree on this
He had a good game against Hawthorn where he picked up the Rising Star nom but has never given the feeling to me at least that he can change games off his own boot

Richmond's pressure was immense up until half-time. We had it easy against North, this will be a better test against a team at a similar level. Richmond typically punish you on turnovers so let's see if we can move the ball a little faster and not invite so many opportunities for them to score against us

Richmond's pressure was immense up until half-time. We had it easy against North, this will be a better test against a team at a similar level. Richmond typically punish you on turnovers so let's see if we can move the ball a little faster and not invite so many opportunities for them to score against us
I saw nothing on Sunday to suggest we have the heavy ordnance to match a well drilled experienced good football team like Richmond
I want to believe though

We'll agree to disagree on this
He had a good game against Hawthorn where he picked up the Rising Star nom but has never given the feeling to me at least that he can change games off his own boot
Sometimes is not about stats but you can just see something a bit special and I think that's what we have seen in Humphrey the last couple weeks. He's still a work in progress, don't think he has the running capacity to really influence much through the middle yet and with a couple pre seasons he will have a body in the petracca/dusty mould. Still think hollands has huge potential also but would like him to put on a bit of size. He's naturally a great endurance runner anyway so won't give up too much there but think he could be really dangerous forward with a bit more strength.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Evening neighbors! If you never ask, you'll never know, so here goes...
The young fella has been selected for Auskick at halftime this coming Sunday & I was looking to score a couple of free tickets for the wife & daughter to come along as well - rather than donate to the Tiger's coffers.
If anyone can assist, great. i might even buy a Touk badge in memory of my deceased SC team.
If not, no harm in asking. Hope you beat them anyway.
Cheers

Sometimes is not about stats but you can just see something a bit special and I think that's what we have seen in Humphrey the last couple weeks. He's still a work in progress, don't think he has the running capacity to really influence much through the middle yet and with a couple pre seasons he will have a body in the petracca/dusty mould. Still think hollands has huge potential also but would like him to put on a bit of size. He's naturally a great endurance runner anyway so won't give up too much there but think he could be really dangerous forward with a bit more strength.
To me in their first few games I saw.

Hollands: reading the play. Knowing where to run and find the ball, being able to finish

Humphrey: attack the ball ferociously on the ground or in the air, keep his feet, play with confidence.

The scope on Humphrey seems huge. But hasn’t shown more than flashes.
I thought Hollands was guaranteed to be at least a solid player from what we saw last year. One of my biggest disappointments so far this year. I’m sure he turns it around.

Evening neighbors! If you never ask, you'll never know, so here goes...
The young fella has been selected for Auskick at halftime this coming Sunday & I was looking to score a couple of free tickets for the wife & daughter to come along as well - rather than donate to the Tiger's coffers.
If anyone can assist, great. i might even buy a Touk badge in memory of my deceased SC team.
If not, no harm in asking. Hope you beat them anyway.
Cheers
Mate, I'm in Thailand so I can't help you......but I assume you're still going to attend to support your son (young fella) even if you can't get any freebies....

Just checkin!

Mate, I'm in Thailand so I can't help you......but I assume you're still going to attend to support your son (young fella) even if you can't get any freebies....

Just checkin!
Yeah, they supply a ticket for the kid & one parent. Anyone else has to make their own way

Wonder if casboult travels seeing his wife is 39 weeks pregnant.

Far out Meat daddy just pumps them out. He's obviously not called Meat just for his stature lol

We have to get him to 100 games at the Suns even if he is older than Tom Brady by that point :tearsofjoy:

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 7 vs Richmond @ MARVEL - 30/04/23 - 3:20pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Back