Preview Round 6, 2024: North v Hawks, 4pm 21st April, Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think Serong opens up a few options. He plays as the CHB which means it helps free Sicily up, also freeing Scrimma up. With Scrimma freed up, he can play smaller, meaning Amon can push up onto a wing more or we can push Weddle up onto a wing at times. It also means that we can also see Dimma going forward as well.

With the Swans the following week who have three genuine talls in Amarty, McLean and McDonald, a great chance for Serong to secure his spot with a good game.
Agree with all that.

With Rama, structurally it seem a little baffling, but maybe the coaches don’t think he is quite ready yet? Or carrying a niggle?

Think Serong opens up a few options. He plays as the CHB which means it helps free Sicily up, also freeing Scrimma up. With Scrimma freed up, he can play smaller, meaning Amon can push up onto a wing more or we can push Weddle up onto a wing at times. It also means that we can also see Dimma going forward as well.

With the Swans the following week who have three genuine talls in Amarty, McLean and McDonald, a great chance for Serong to secure his spot with a good game.
Why have we waited so long to do this?

Last week was the worst “effort” I have seen from our team in a long time. Crazy low possession numbers, embarrassing really. North got soundly beaten by Geelong who we all know are a clinical team and at their best against young inexperienced teams like north, but north definitely looked better than us! Super nervous about this game and our team line up looks super average. Really hoping I get proven wrong and that some of our players recapture their form from last year

Chol has been great this year compared to my expectations.

He's playing against arguably the least talented and undermanned defence we've ever seen.

Understand there's pressure on him, but he SHOULD be able to outplay whoever is on him.

If he shows the same endeavour he did against Geelong he’ll kick 10.

Other strange move is adding a tall defender, when they only have 1 tall fwd. Strange. Assuming Weddle is playing up the ground.

Maybe we want to really free Sicily up.

Larkey is one of the best KPF's in the league, so hopefully Sicily and Scrimshaw are able to peel off and take marks/affect spoils.

He kicked 6 goals in a game last year. Can't recall any Hawks even getting close to that, but perhaps I'm wrong.
It was against the eagles. He went goalless in just under half his games. 8 out of 17.

Was a great player for us and I hope he can still play some good games but his best is well in the past unfortunately.

Nash and Chol should have been dropped also but who do you replace him with.

Chol couldn’t catch a cold the way he played against GC so hopefully a better showing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nash and Chol should have been dropped also but who do you replace him with.

Chol couldn’t catch a cold the way he played against GC so hopefully a better showing.
15 others should be dropped before Chol

We picked a team to win. While i’d love to have dropped chol and others as a wake up call, he and gunston might get away from a shit north defence.

we need to win to get some confidence back. if we don’t, look out!

Could be Gunners last hurrah.

If he can't get a kick against that North backline it's time.

What a player he was.
Gunners is pretty cooked but he is still a super smart and skilled footballer.

It's not beyond the realms of possibility that he could have one of those 5 goal games that he produces every now and then.

You are right though if he can't get a kick against the Roos backline he probably should call it quits.

He had plenty of chances last year as well that he didn't take.

Maybe he gets one more crack at it later in the year?

Looks way off the pace of senior AFL footy right now unfortunately.
I love any player that wears the brown and gold.

But Butler was woeful against the Suns. There was a moment in the second quarter where his pressure was something you'd see in a training drill and the Suns scored. Right in front of me at Carrara. Totally unacceptable.

Instant delist in my mind. How he has 2025 sewn up is a mystery to me.

Hope he proves us all wrong. But I am doubtful. Has done very little in his 20-ish games. Supply has been atrocious...
but he ain't no Wizard :fire:.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back