Preview Round 8, 2024: St.Kilda v North Melbourne - Marvel Stadium, Saturday 4 May, 4.35pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

You will beat the witches hats-North easy next week it will St.Kilda easiest game for the year just need to hit North with everything for the 1st 15 minutes and it will be game over.
This will be close, I have a few concerns about this game and Marshall limping around against port is top of the list.

Seems like 3 weeks or no weeks are the only options - considering Aliir's concussion, I don't see how there is a middle ground.
Absolutely…there’s no middle ground.
But will they be willing to throw it out completely based on the “look” of Allirs concussion? Even with all the mitigating circumstances?

Not holding my breath sadly. Saints don’t win these type of cases.
We’re usually the ones they use to create precedent (Ben Long potential to do harm as an example 🙄) which they then never use again.

We will have trouble with North. I feel it in my water.

Games we should win never seem to work out that way. I think we prefer to play the underdog role. The Hunter rather than being the Hunted.

Marshall looks ready for a rest. Steele had more tape than a Mummy. What happened there! Webster we need back. If Dow is deemed fit, let’s see what he can do.

As to other changes , let’s see how the week pans out. Higgins hopefully gets the charge chucked out or at least reduced to a week.

Never a dull moment following the Saints!
Honestly.....IMO....if we have trouble with North.......in theory.....we are in all sorts of trouble.

Yes...those 2 very very ordinary performances by us against them last year are in the back of my mind....but that was last year.

If we do in fact struggle against North all match.then yes....we are in a spot of bother.

Well I'm going to make my annual pilgrimage to marvel, its not easy walking 200mtrs to the train and then 4 train stops later and you're there but I'm going to give it a crack.

Must say I am absolutely sh1tting bricks about this game, yes they are crap but we have the ability to be just as crap sometimes.

Either way at least i will get home in time to watch the re runs of MacGyver

The best game from a player returning from injury at the weekend was Ben Paton,s, yet he has hardly been mentioned. He certainly ahowed a lot more than Dow. Jack Hayes with 3 goals playing in the ruck deserves a promotion as well.
It's just a shame Paton becomes available at the same time as Webster. I feel his best position is as a small defender, but Webster is our best option there.

Last edited:
Seems like 3 weeks or no weeks are the only options - considering Aliir's concussion, I don't see how there is a middle ground.
The AFL love to create grey areas within their own system.
Wouldnt be surprised to see it come down to 2 weeks based on Aliir contributing to the result

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The AFL love to create grey areas within their own system.
Wouldnt be surprised to see it come down to 2 weeks based on Aliir contributing to the result
wouldn't be surprised if they increased it to 4 becuase its a Saints player

OUT: Higgins (susp), Marshall (inj/rest), Sharman (form), Howard (too tall in def), Caminiti (form), Hastie (unlucky)
IN: Collard, Campbell, King, Webster, Hayes, Dow

B: Wilkie, Cordy, Webster
HB: NWM, Battle, Sinclair
C: Byrnes, Steele, Hill
HF: Membrey, Owens, Wilson
F: Hayes, King, Collard
R: Campbell, Dow, Windhager
I: Garcia, Ross, Stocker, Phillipou
S: Bonner

Well I'm going to make my annual pilgrimage to marvel, its not easy walking 200mtrs to the train and then 4 train stops later and you're there but I'm going to give it a crack.

Must say I am absolutely sh1tting bricks about this game, yes they are crap but we have the ability to be just as crap sometimes.

Either way at least i will get home in time to watch the re runs of MacGyver
f4OwzWy.gif

The best game from a player returning from injury at the weekend was Ben Paton,s, yet he has hardly been mentioned. He certainly ahowed a lot more than Dow. Jack Hayes with 3 goals playing in the ruck deserves a promotion as well.
From the guys who played twos, positions we need and guys who have peroformed.

I'd suggest

1. Collard (assuming no snags)
2. Hayes
3. Schoenmakers.
4. Dow
5. Keeler
6. Jones
I'd suggest top two will play.

FAAAAAAAAAAAARK ME. This should put all the Ross Lyon horseshit to bed.

Top 10 picks lining up for each club in Round 7

ST KILDA
Mattaes Phillipou (pick 10)
Total: 1

NORTH MELBOURNE
Colby McKercher (pick 2)
George Wardlaw (pick 3)
Will Phillips (pick 3)
Harry Sheezel (pick 3)
Zane Duursma (pick 4)
Luke Davies-Uniacke (pick 5)
Dylan Stephens (pick 5)
Luke McDonald (pick 8)
Total: 8

GOLD COAST
Matt Rowell (pick 1)
David Swallow (pick 1)
Noah Anderson (pick 2)
Jack Lukosius (pick 2)
Jed Walter (pick 3)
Sam Day (pick 3)
Ben Ainsworth (pick 4)
Mac Andrew (pick 5)
Ben King (pick 6)
Bailey Humphrey (pick 6)
Total: 10

ST KILDA

NORTH MELBOURNE
Colby McKercher (pick 2)
George Wardlaw (pick 3)
Will Phillips (pick 3)
Harry Sheezel (pick 3)
Zane Duursma (pick 4)
Dylan Stephens (pick 5)
Luke McDonald (pick 8)

GOLD COAST
Matt Rowell (pick 1)
David Swallow (pick 1)
Noah Anderson (pick 2)
Jack Lukosius (pick 2)
Jed Walter (pick 3)
Sam Day (pick 3)
Ben Ainsworth (pick 4)
Mac Andrew (pick 5)
Ben King (pick 6)
Bailey Humphrey (pick 6)

I tried to work out how many top 10 picks per win for North Melbourne but my calculator exploded.

#canttankyourwaytosuccess

We are playing badly. You be crazy not to think it's possible. Nothing about our side looks like it's working properly right now. The forward line is terrible. We will get King back but we have Owens, Pou, Membrey and Sharman who are all playing poorly.

Owens gave a bit of hope this week but there isn't one that looks like they are earning their pay and then you have Higgins and Butler out. If we score 9 goals we will be doing well and probably means one of them got on a bag.

Midfields is an injured Steele and then whoever can fill in. Ross is cooked, Windhager is very inconsistent and then fill-ins from Sincs, Stocker which pushes the pressure onto guys like Bonner and Naz as they get exposed.

The backline is the least injured but we keep stealing players to cover the mids and Howard was so out of form that he was a liability.
It will be a coach killer or at least should be if we lose to North. No matter how many injuries we have. Pre season everyone in here was banging on about the depth we had in the list.

ST KILDA

NORTH MELBOURNE
Colby McKercher (pick 2)
George Wardlaw (pick 3)
Will Phillips (pick 3)
Harry Sheezel (pick 3)
Zane Duursma (pick 4)
Dylan Stephens (pick 5)
Luke McDonald (pick 8)

GOLD COAST
Matt Rowell (pick 1)
David Swallow (pick 1)
Noah Anderson (pick 2)
Jack Lukosius (pick 2)
Jed Walter (pick 3)
Sam Day (pick 3)
Ben Ainsworth (pick 4)
Mac Andrew (pick 5)
Ben King (pick 6)
Bailey Humphrey (pick 6)
To be fair.

Players on our list who are currently injured who are top ten picks.

King
Dow
Henry
Clark
Crouch (pick 2 - 2011 mini draft)

Pou - played

NWM - Pick 11

Not as drastic as it seems! Still a long way behind though.

It will be a coach killer or at least should be if we lose to North. No matter how many injuries we have. Pre season everyone in here was banging on about the depth we had in the list.
TBH no one took into account how many injuries we have had to replace to our best 22 players. Comes a time when the back is broken,

OUT: Higgins (susp), Marshall (inj/rest), Sharman (form), Howard (too tall in def), Caminiti (form), Hastie (unlucky)
IN: Collard, Campbell, King, Webster, Hayes, Dow

B: Wilkie, Cordy, Webster
HB: NWM, Battle, Sinclair
C: Byrnes, Steele, Hill
HF: Membrey, Owens, Wilson
F: Hayes, King, Collard
R: Campbell, Dow, Windhager
I: Garcia, Ross, Stocker, Phillipou
S: Bonner
Considering the lack of continuity we've had this year I don't reckon bringing in many debuts and players from long lay offs is the way to go

I would think:

King in (if fit) for Sharman
Collard in for Higgins (needs to be an actual small forward in the role)
Webster in for Howard (better balance and the other reasons)
Dow in for Garcia (didn't do much on Friday, time for a fresh up in the VFL)

Perhaps a different sub too just to rotate things around

Obviously if Marshall doesn't come up, he gets replaced by Campbell

And perhaps Hayes for Sharman if King doesn't get up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back