Trades Round 8 Trades - Get rookies on the bubble n00bs

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Early stage i'm locked into Hayes for Clark.

Then if neither Stephens or Hough play i'll trade Hough to Curtis or Mccomb. If 1 plays i'll trade the other.

So basically just double downgrade and then i'll likely double downgrade again for Carroll and 1 of MRJ or Hamilton or Reid. Then there could be 2 up 1 down boost. Need to fix the defence first then forwards. Mids are set.

Surprised you get Stephens in for so long, I'm assuming you got hit by injuries for Hall etc.

Clark, Carrol and Hamilton look way better than the rookies on the bubble this week, so I'll go early on one of them.

Need to get a rookie off-field down back so ...

Dixon > Hamilton
McCartin > Pendlebury

Leaves Daicos, Martin and one of Hinge/Noddy/SDK as the only 3 on-field rookies.

Berry > Wines
BJ Williams > Strnadicaptain

Not locked in, but feel like Wines and Port are turning the corner a bit.
Will grab Clark next week and preserve the boost

NOD > Clark, which leaves me with this (and not many options, might just do a double downgrade) and 194k in the bank

Thoughts anybody?
Don't have a lot of other options, seems like the best you can make at the moment.

Unsure if I should use my final boost.

Could in one foul swoop go

NOD > Zorko
Rachele > Cripps
JHF > Clark

Leaves me with Daicos D5, McCartin/SDK D6, Clark M8, Preuss R2, Martin F5, Naish F6.

Projected 2482.
Final Boost?
Oh Lord Wtf GIF

Williams > Clark
Hinge/McCartin > Zorko

Don't like going early on Clark, but it allows me to swing Martin into the fwds and field Clark at M8.

Need a defender and Zorko looks the goods to me, just gotta hope he doesn't breakdown.

Williams > Clark
Hinge/McCartin > Zorko

Don't like going early on Clark, but it allows me to swing Martin into the fwds and field Clark at M8.

Need a defender and Zorko looks the goods to me, just gotta hope he doesn't breakdown.
Clark's JS is awesome considering Eagle's long injury list.

I'm cautious for rookies like Caroll, will most likely be out when Hewitt returns.

Unsure if I should use my final boost.

Could in one foul swoop go

NOD > Zorko
Rachele > Cripps
JHF > Clark

Leaves me with Daicos D5, McCartin/SDK D6, Clark M8, Preuss R2, Martin F5, Naish F6.

Projected 2482.
fell not foul.
also I’d be inclined to hang on to that boost for the byes

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm cautious for rookies like Caroll, will most likely be out when Hewitt returns.
Hamilton was good as well I thought. No idea on JS.

Fortunately bought Parker in this week, so now I can finally boot Rachele I can complete my forward line for now.

Here’s what I’m thinking for trades

Rachele to Dyl Moore
JHF to Clark.

Next few weeks, start fixing M6, M7, M8 (Trading Berry and eventually NoD) and get a proper D5 and D6 in

Last edited:
Using my 4th boost. I don’t even care anymore. Go hard or go home.

View attachment 1389514
I'm finding myself falling into the boost early camp more and more. Cash gen across the board has been very quick this season, so feel like it makes sense to complete your team as quickly as possible.

Not sure it's an option for me this week, unless I did something like Butters > Parker which feels more like a luxury trade than a necessity, but if I had the funds available, I'd definitely be pulling the trigger on my 4th.

I'm finding myself falling into the boost early camp more and more. Cash gen across the board has been very quick this season, so feel like it makes sense to complete your team as quickly as possible.

Not sure it's an option for me this week, unless I did something like Butters > Parker which feels more like a luxury trade than a necessity, but if I had the funds available, I'd definitely be pulling the trigger on my 4th.

That's my thinking as well. The quicker you complete your team, the more points you make, it is only Round 8 this week, byes are still a month away and you could easily make hundreds of points per week on the people holding their boosts for the byes.

Say you do cop a donut or are fielding 19-20, you will already be that far in front with the guys you want that it won't matter. That's my thinking anyway. Boosts post the bye are practically useless, so need to make up the ground now imo

I didn't watch the match, but looking at his heat map, didn't Carroll play wing/half forward/forward? That's the Blues weakest position.

Wing: Newnes, Cottrell and O'Brien.
Half forward/forward: Durdin, Owies and Fisher.

If he keeps playing well, he can stay in for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back