Trades Round 8 Trades - Get rookies on the bubble n00bs

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
IN: Gawn

OUT: Misery, envy, and emptiness
Pet Hug GIF

I think racing through the boosts is playable due to the extra cushion of the 5 trades.

I feel like my team is already way further down the track then usual and I still have 20 trades remaining with 5 easy upgrades on field to go.

Usually I'd be down to 14-15 trades and things would look dicy, with byes coming up and me trading a donut to a coverage of 40 like I usually always do numerous times throughout the byes for numbers sake.

Just gotta focus on trying to get the best of the best.

I mean all is well at the moment - but there's still another 15 rounds to go. Few injuries towards the latter part of the season will set you back a fair bit.

Patience is key.

Yeah I know but the team is already fast tracked compared to past years, this year we will get longer at full premo due to faster upgrading, teams will be humming by Rd 10 every single week, basically at full strength. Usually that's not the case until Rd 15/16 when teams are already out of trades.

The need to then trade will be minimal, I can forecast having at least 8 trades for luxury/upgrades on the way home which is ridiculous really. Usually I'd try leave 1-3

Yeah I know but the team is already fast tracked compared to past years, this year we will get longer at full premo due to faster upgrading, teams will be humming by Rd 10 every single week, basically at full strength. Usually that's not the case until Rd 15/16 when teams are already out of trades.

The need to then trade will be minimal, I can forecast having at least 8 trades for luxury/upgrades on the way home which is ridiculous really. Usually I'd try leave 1-3
I'm quite keen on league so am going a bit slower. But I tihnk for overall this is correct with the cash gen this year. If I was targetting overall I'd be trading hard early with the crazy amount of cash gen everyone has this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Never know what covid and injuries will do.

I also don't see the big need to hold a bunch of trade boosts if you can use them now to get keepers in early. We manage to get through the season without them usually, I'm sure we can do it again. Similarly I'm burning through trades, I've used 10 already, but I've never been so close to an all premo team with 25 trades left so who cares? Get those points early.

Early thinking is I'll use my 3rd boost to get in Touk Touk (wanted him for weeks, should've got him last week instead of trying to be a smartarse) and two rookies - Clark, and whichever rookie feels best. To do this I'd be looking to offload Rachelle and two of [Hinge, Dixon, McCartin, NOD].

Would leave me with only 2 spots I would consider must upgrade - F6 and D6, though Ridley in D5 and Rowell in M8 would be upgrade targets around the byes.

Aggressive:

Daicos, JHF, Berry > Wines, Parker & McComb

Safe: Berry, JHF > Touk & McComb

Never thought in 2022 I'd be trading in Patrick Cripps seven weeks into the season after leaving the ground and missing a week with a hamstring issue, but here we are.

1651409386637.png

I'd really like Parker, but fixing up my defence seems like the most sensible move. Plus, I'd rather trade NOD than Rachele. Rachele's BE is shite, but he has got more room for growth, whereas NOD is likely close to maxed out.

NOD > Short
Berry > Clark

That seems like the most sensible move. I could go McComb and wait until next week to get Clark, but having to pick someone to field out of McComb and my MID/FWD benches is a pretty grim task.

Anyone see any reasonable alternative moves?

JHF, Durdin, Stephens -> McComb, Clark and Parker very likely this week. (25 before trades with 4 boosts)

1 up one down with NOD + another rookie and 100k bank next week likely, even if NOD pops out another 100. Leaves Daicos + Berry the weakest on field players. With their round 12 byes then it is an option to chill for a few rounds, building up some cash with some bubble rookies hopefully, before doing some heavy sideways trading during the byes with 3 boosts remaining to get 18+ premo's on field every round. Alternatively can just go for full premo earlier but potentially lose the option to gain so much during the byes.

Currently ranked 800 so requires a bit of guts to accept the drop down by holding off leading in to the byes but may be the better strategy - we will likely not know what the optimal strategy is with the boosts until the end of the season

Martin looking to be 90+ player is quite interesting, a passable F6 but with teams containing Brodie (95)+ Martin (90) (currently my F6 and F7 so not as relevant to me), they may be losing significant points to say Taranto (100) + English (115)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back