Autopsy Round 8 vs Melbourne @ The Bank - 06/05/23 - 4:35pm

Remove this Banner Ad

I think you’re absolutely correct. If the club plays like last night, the crowds will come for sure, I still think there’s a bit of scepticism and miss trust within a long serving ☀️ members and the casual fan as to whether the improvement is real and sustained, frankly, I don’t think anybody can blame them.

Personally what I’ve seen in the last couple of games where the boys are for the most part presenting as an option and more often than not the player with the ball is hitting them along with the bang crash style of footy we already play. I am hoping that we have truly turned the corner, I’m excited
I still think it doesn’t help the club that the tickets over on the upper far wing start at like $40 each or something. Really prices out the casual Coast families and the lower stand gets filled with oppo supporters up for the weekend or who only have to fork out for 1 game a year , and that’s all you see on the TV. It’s a lot of money for what has traditionally been an average product.

I still think it doesn’t help the club that the tickets over on the upper far wing start at like $40 each or something. Really prices out the casual Coast families and the lower stand gets filled with oppo supporters up for the weekend or who only have to fork out for 1 game a year , and that’s all you see on the TV. It’s a lot of money for what has traditionally been an average product.
I am pretty sure I saw a couple of weeks ago 6 games membership for $99. As a GA member I have access to upper deck, can move basically wherever I want when stadium is half full.

Yeah we never have a problem finding a taker for an unused ticket
Do we still have guest passes with our membership pack?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I’m a gold family member and when I asked the club they told me they weren’t part of the members packages this year

Yeah
I thought it might have been hidden somewhere
You’d reckon in the year we have so few home matches they’d give a bit more value

I know others have already pointed this out but just stop and think about this - we played like a top 4 team last night and that was WITHOUT the 2nd placed finisher in the Brownlow last year. Just let that sink in.

I'm not sure how loud it was on the TV but at the ground it was huge. I think every Suns fan was yelling for the majority of the quarter.
I think we rattled the umps with our noise.
As I said earlier in the thread, win (or play like last night) and the crowds will come and "The Bank" will become a fortress.
Can't wait
This is probably one of the most exciting aspects of the game yesterday. There were only 11.4k people in attendance (with a decent amount being Dees supporters) but it felt like a sell out in that fourth quarter when seemingly every Suns fans in the stadium found their voice. I definitely agree that the umps seemed rattled from the noise and I would also say the Melbourne players were rattled as well but our players looked inspired by the noise which was so exciting to watch! Just imagine what it's going to be like when the stadium is actually sold out and our fans make even more noise than they did yesterday. We'll get more calls from the umps because noise of affirmation is a very real thing in the AFL and the atmosphere is going to be insane.

Even though we lost, that was probably the best atmosphere I've ever been a part of at Carrara and I've been to 90% of our home games since 2011. I'll also add that I heard several people after the game saying how keen they were to go to the next home game and that they were excited to purchase a membership. I think it's fair to say we won over a lot of locals who attended that game and if we can keep building on top of a performance like that then we'll be selling out Heritage in no time. We've always had the potential to capture the hearts of the Gold Coast public, we just have to play like winners (even if we don't actually win) and we definitely played like winners last night.

I just spoke to someone at the club and they couldn’t confirm or deny for me whether GC2015 had been there instilling his belief into the team 🤭
It's amazing to see what can be achieved when you start to believe in yourself/your team 😉

Was just gonna say this. 50 odd days is a long time for people to cool off and move on to something else…

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Not if we get a few wins in that time. But if we blow momentum and good will, we’ll be right back to where we always are.

It all comes down to how the team caries themselves on field over the next 5 games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

God he is the weirdest bloke on the planet and I couldn't love him more

Imagine just eating grass knowing you're on national television and not giving a flying ****. He is not human - he is a god. This is why I have a DG Designs Matt Rowell art piece hanging in my lounge to pray to when I come home.

Missus wouldn't let me hang it above the bed :'(

You lot are definetly coming.
I really hope you make finals this year, haven't been too far off from what iI've seen at the Gabba the last two years.
Don't want to bang on about the flogs that have left , but how sweet will it be when you beat Adelaide at home.
might try and make that game , maybe drive down from Brissie.
Keep the faith and get your asses to the footy .
Exiting times.
Thought Berry did a reasonably good job, great pressure from him .
probably needs to get involved more .
Wasn't at the ground, so not sure how involved he was all game in terms of defending and all those small things off the ball.
hope he gets a run of games and takes them with both hands .
good luck for the rest of the season and you should win this weekend , so bit of momentum for the week later;)

Imagine just eating grass knowing you're on national television and not giving a flying *. He is not human - he is a god. This is why I have a DG Designs Matt Rowell art piece hanging in my lounge to pray to when I come home.

Missus wouldn't let me hang it above the bed :'(
Do you think he has misunderstood the midfield bull thing.
:D

You lot are definetly coming.
I really hope you make finals this year, haven't been too far off from what iI've seen at the Gabba the last two years.
Don't want to bang on about the flogs that have left , but how sweet will it be when you beat Adelaide at home.
might try and make that game , maybe drive down from Brissie.
Keep the faith and get your asses to the footy .
Exiting times.
Thought Berry did a reasonably good job, great pressure from him .
probably needs to get involved more .
Wasn't at the ground, so not sure how involved he was all game in terms of defending and all those small things off the ball.
hope he gets a run of games and takes them with both hands .
good luck for the rest of the season and you should win this weekend , so bit of momentum for the week later;)
We play Adelaide in Darwin.
Better leave a few days in advance if you’re planning on going!

So proud of the performance despite the loss. You can see a template for how we can win going forward

1. Compete at stoppages like your lives depend on it, to get the ball forward by any means necessary.
  2. Punish bad forward entries by the opposition with dominant markers like Powell and Ballard.
  3. Decide quickly whether a fast transition is on, or chip to uncontested marks to build down the ground.
AFL R8: Gold Coast Suns vs Melbourne Demons Review – A clear template for the Suns’ future

So proud of the performance despite the loss. You can see a template for how we can win going forward

1. Compete at stoppages like your lives depend on it, to get the ball forward by any means necessary.
  2. Punish bad forward entries by the opposition with dominant markers like Powell and Ballard.
  3. Decide quickly whether a fast transition is on, or chip to uncontested marks to build down the ground.
AFL R8: Gold Coast Suns vs Melbourne Demons Review – A clear template for the Suns’ future
That's an excellent write up about how we play the game

Hi what's Rory Atkins job security like? Has he pencilled himself in? Asking re supercoach.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back