Trades Round 9 Trades - Can I Buy a DEF Rookie ?

Rookie priorities this week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Have decided not to boost this week, not sold on Carroll/Hamilton and don't want to move early on Durdin/Rosas.

Hinge > Rioli
JHF > Darcy Cameron

Helps with the byes, will look to upgrade him to English R14.

Ditch Rosas or MacDonald?

Pros for keeping Rosas - playing so has potential to make money.

Pros for keeping MacDonald - I wouldn’t need to field one of Rosas/Curtis and would be fielding MRJ instead.

Should I trade McDonald or Rosas for MRJ (bench only)?

Benefit with McDonald is he is dual position and think Mitchell will give him more chances. Benefit with Rosas is he is actually playing meaning there is always a chance he can make more cash.

My general rule is to always keep the playing rookie unless under extreme circumstances so am leaning towards keeping Rosas
Rosas

Pros for keeping MacDonald - I wouldn’t need to field one of Rosas/Curtis and would be fielding MRJ instead.
Hold Rosas
Can score 70.
Macdonald is confirmed shit now IMO.

Also been weighing this up, for me though i was planning on culling both, 1 next week for Clark via dpp. So this round i will cull Rosas for Rioli and use mcdonald as a loophole option if not sub.

If you are planning on holding them for a while though McDonald likely has the better job security and therefore may be more useful during the byes for a 40-50. Rosas cash generation is cooked now for another few rounds so you would want to be holding him for a bit if you are keeping him for the cash generation.

Not sure on that. His 176 is a very big outlier. Also, how many of the Melbourne big guns teams have. Don't want too many. Lloyd at the same price also an option.
Understand and good points, but Ridley is a bit of a nothing pick (speaking as an owner), think Brayshaw is better in his line than Ridley in his(?)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Couple options:

1:
Out
Ward, Dixon, Durdin or Hough
In
MRJ, Carroll, Darcy Cameron and 92k

2:
Out
Bowey, Ward, Dixon
In
Doch, MRJ, Carroll and 81k

i really like 1 because then it means i field Bowey vs WC over MRJ. Can go 1 up 1 down with Bowey week after. Prepared to take the hit on Bowey as i think the points difference outweighs it plus i really love ruckmen. I've now talked myself into option 1 while writing this. cool

Looks like there will be another trade thread next week with the title get Clark.

Lol Laughing GIF

Speaking of Mitchell - what's the right move?

Don't usually like to sideways until fully upgraded and he is a proven premium scorer over many years.

BUT, he is getting less mid time to accommodate the kids, is averaging only 92, has a BE of 200 (due to his 40!) and is out this week with the flu.

On the flip flip side, could he get FWD status (and therefore worth keeping) or will he get his mid minutes back once the kids tire (Ward and McDonald already being managed).

The safe play is to just sideways to a Petracca or similar right?
Gotta go!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back