Round 9 trades (if no Gawn yet, quit)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 921121

I'm a bit stuck. Doedee causing my headaches as I'd rather trade in Mitch G but need a DEF cover.

Proposed plan was: Taylor, King and Brander for Petracca, Close and Mitch G - but that would leave me without DEF cover if Doedee misses (which is like 99% likely atm given their upcoming schedule).

I could go Doedee to Hurn instead of King to Mitch G. But then Hurn has a Rd 10 bye. McPherson and McKay probably my preferred options rather than Ling. Then I could keep Doedee.

I would rather cop a potential def doughnut and go with the first option. If Tracc can score like he has the last 2 weeks, you're getting a premo and a rookie score from 1 player.

Last edited:
View attachment 921121

I'm a bit stuck. Doedee causing my headaches as I'd rather trade in Mitch G but need a DEF cover.

Proposed plan was: Taylor, King and Brander for Petracca, Close and Mitch G - but that would leave me without DEF cover if Doedee misses (which is like 99% likely atm given their upcoming schedule).

I could go Doedee to Hurn instead of King to Mitch G. But then Hurn has a Rd 10 bye. McPherson and McKay probably my preferred options rather than Ling. Then I could keep Doedee.

Keep Taylor and King, get rid of the dud rookies on your bench

In the same boat as a few others with Doedee causing some headaches in the backline...

Considering trading Taylor, McInerny and O'Connor out for Close, B. Smith and T. Watson... Allows me to bank 113k whilst holding bench cover down back in case Doedee is out (assuming Watson gets another game...). This also allows me to bring in 3 players that will play during the bye rounds.

Other option if Doedee is a confirmed multiple week injury is Taylor, McInerny and Doedee out for Close, B. Smith and Caleb Daniel (24k in bank).

Cheers!

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    134.9 KB · Views: 24
Dev to Georgi is a tasty looking trade, but the fact Smith doesn't get a bye might just save him unfortunately.

I'd feel stupid trading out a warm body who's going to be playing throughout all the byes right just before they start.

Other trades were

King > Close
Starcevich > Hurn

I realize Hurn will miss next week but he's turned his scoring around back at Optus as i thought he would, and he's too much value for me to pass on.

Hurn in this week, Stewart in next week.

I'm thinking:
- hold Doedee. Covered by McKay/Ling
- hold Yeo. Covered by Bennell/Close/Cameron
- trade DevSmith instead of CTaylor. Purely financial, the other is likely going next week

TBerry to Close
Starcevich to Ling
DevSmith to Parker/Zerrett

$227k/$233k in the bank for next round to get Duncan/Stewart/other in either a 1 up/1 down or a 2 up/1 down.

team post trades (with Parker):
1595898919011.png

Thoughts?

Last edited:
OK, so many issues, but think will hold Doedee and Walters.
Thinking of Pendles, Devon, Williamson > Oliver, Close, Helmet. Leaves me with 79k. And coverage problems in my backline. 1595899443894.png

only got 33k in the bank
Looking at going,
yeo(if out) > Tuk Tuk
t.brown or taylor > close
rivers>ling unless doodoo out for multiple weeks.

Bloody hell these few weeks are gonna kill me.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    210 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
It sounds like Doedee's gonna miss at most a week. So I'll hold.

Problem is, with Hill already on my books and a permadonut D8, it'll mean a donut unless Hill gets up.

Ah well

King to BSmith and Starc To Close are locked in.
Unsure on the 3rd trade as I'm just short $ of Hill to Stewart so I might do another downgrade if I can find a decent def/fwd rookie somewhere.

Stewart and Duncan trade ins for R10 so long as I have the cash.

Somehow ive completely ballsed up my math on what trades id be able to make this week. looks like 2 down and 1 up, as long as doedee isnt too bad.

Geez its hard to plan...

Pitt > Draper (Pitt has bled so much cash - SPUD!)
King > Oliver
Taylor > Close

or

Pitt > Conroy
King > Tim Kelly
Doedee > Lloyd

or

Pitt > Conroy
King > Steele/J.Kelly
Doedee > Haynes

My Defence is fooked!

1595901028953.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Went King, Taylor & D. Smith > Whitfield, Bailey Smith, Close

Team is now

[DEF] Lloyd, Sicily, Haynes, Docherty, Noble, McPherson [S. Hill, Gould]

[MID] Neale, Fyfe, Macrae, Coniglio, Whitfield, Cripps, Pickett, Simpson [Mayes, McInerney, Robertson]

[RUC] Gawn, Grundy [Cameron]

[FWD] Petracca, Greenwood, Martin, Smith, Rankine, Close [Budarick, Aarts]

Just worried about Noble getting dropped + Hill not being on the field to cover.

Somehow ive completely ballsed up my math on what trades id be able to make this week. looks like 2 down and 1 up, as long as doedee isnt too bad.

Geez its hard to plan...

King > Oliver
Taylor > Close

or

Pitt > Conroy
King > Tim Kelly
Doedee > Lloyd

or

Pitt > Conroy
King > Steele/J.Kelly
Doedee > Haynes

My Defence is fooked!

View attachment 921205
I prefer the first option but good chance Noble gets dropped. That would leave you in trouble down back and you won’t know until late Sat arvo.

Who to keep
Who to dump

Max King (potential for a 4 goal game and cash generation)
Versus
Curt Taylor (kinda consistent)
i've got to make this decision myself.
King has more value, a higher BE and is a key position player.
...and yet somehow I'm leaning towards trading Taylor who is playing against Adelaide this week.

there's a reason I'm shit at this game.

i've got to make this decision myself.
King has more value, a higher BE and is a key position player.
...and yet somehow I'm leaning towards trading Taylor who is playing against Adelaide this week.

there's a reason I'm sh*t at this game.
Flipped a coin

Landed on its side f f s

2 down 1 up for me.
Pitt > Draper
McInerney > Close

I need a defensive upgrade from Willo or Noble as a priority. Question is do I blow everything on Lloyd, take Daniel but have to trade early, look at Hurn but think I’m in trouble for the bye, or go a week early on Stewart?

Attachments

• 9B18F46A-0DFE-4A4D-9F7E-38B9AED61330.png
    9B18F46A-0DFE-4A4D-9F7E-38B9AED61330.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 17
  • 7E4D2BE6-E834-4804-B881-26CA794FF51E.png
    7E4D2BE6-E834-4804-B881-26CA794FF51E.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 21

Geez its hard to plan...

King > Oliver
Taylor > Close

or

Pitt > Conroy
King > Tim Kelly
Doedee > Lloyd

or

Pitt > Conroy
King > Steele/J.Kelly
Doedee > Haynes

My Defence is fooked!

View attachment 921205
If you're looking OK to fielding 18+ for the 2 upcoming byes I'd go the 2nd option. If not then the 1st.
Don't fall for Jelly, he just played Richmond.

2 down 1 up for me.
Pitt > Draper
McInerney > Close

I need a defensive upgrade from Willo or Noble as a priority. Question is do I blow everything on Lloyd, take Daniel but have to trade early, look at Hurn but think I’m in trouble for the bye, or go a week early on Stewart?
Embrace the helmet

If you're looking OK to fielding 18+ for the 2 upcoming byes I'd go the 2nd option. If not then the 1st.
Don't fall for Jelly, he just played Richmond.
Thanks mate! I traded Kelly out after round 2 haha im too suborn to go back anyways

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back