Round 9 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have heard from a few different soucres (mainly media) he will.
Have also heard it will be only a week, so **** knows. It set him back a lot last year so I believe it will be precautionary and he could probably play, but they will hold him back a fair bit. Rest him up.
Consider also the hard Etihad surface this week followed by the more accommodating Sydney and Bellerive. I've watched a lot of Brad Scott pressers and I honestly have no idea what to make of it. He could have been genuinely line ball this week or it could be a month. I have the feeling he'll be back for Sydney if he's close enough given our other outs.

You trading out Wells Krujan ? I'm considering the idea, but scoring has been too good.

Every year I'm the guy who hangs on to players like Wells while others use it as an opportunity to upgrade and every year I've been left behind because of being too conservative when it comes to upgrading. I don't see him making much more cash, so if you don't trade him while he's injured you may as well keep him. Personally, I don't see him playing enough games to be a keeper even if he ends up averaging 100 that average drops down to 85-90 when you need to play rooks when he's injured or rested.

Every year I'm the guy who hangs on to players like Wells while others use it as an opportunity to upgrade and every year I've been left behind because of being too conservative when it comes to upgrading. I don't see him making much more cash, so if you don't trade him while he's injured you may as well keep him. Personally, I don't see him playing enough games to be a keeper even if he ends up averaging 100 that average drops down to 85-90 when you need to play rooks when he's injured or rested.
Good points. Can definitely see him being rested closer to finals.

Was planning on Brown > Brand and Paps > Merrett... however, hesitant now with Merrett's injury cloud and Brand's JS. So...

Kerridge > DMac
Papley > Dahlhaus

Am I making a mistake by trading out Kerridge (BE 70)? I have no other choice if I want to get Dahlhaus in, besides Kennedy (BE 38).

Help pls

upload_2016-5-20_14-28-46.png

Thinking with all the carnage this week, I might look to just lock away my DEF and then address my FWD & MID issues as the season rolls on. Looking at this:

M.Adams -> K.Simpson
D.Wells/M.Barlow -> S.Docherty (Tempted to hold Barlow if a late in otherwise he will be going I think.)

Or I can do Menaspud/Brown to D.MacPherson

Have approximately 300k in cash ready to go.

Side will be if I do the first 2 trades: Leaves me just over 100k in the kitty.

H.Shaw, K.Simpson, S.Docherty, M.Boyd, A.Rance, R.Laird (D.Byrne-Jones, C.Byrne)
P.Dangerfield, L.Parker, G.Ablett, S.Mitchell, P.Cripps, T.Liberatore, C.Oliver, J.Smith (G.Hewett, C.Menadue, R.Davis)
M.Gawn, S.Martin (L.Goetz)
L.Dahlhaus, A.Hall, D.Wells/M.Barlow, S.Kerridge, B.Kennedy, C.Petracca (A.McDonald-Tipungwuti, M.Brown)

Then look to get one of Zorko, Montagna, Deledio or Martin in the next week along with Hopper or Williams if they go well.

Any advice??? :$:$:$

Apologies the screen shot wasn't working properly. :oops:

Last edited:
Not too keen on the bubble rookie options, especially in a week with so much carnage.

Far from set in stone, but at this stage it looks like being ...
Ablett>Montagna
Papley>Simpson (via Adams to fwds)

Ablett hasn't looked right for weeks and may never be great again ... he'll certainly never be reliable again.
These trades give me back a back/fwd dpp, give me back a mid/fwd dpp and have both my backs and forwards just 1 player each away from completion.
They also allow me to field a fairly strong team this week despite having Boyd and Hall on the bench. I'll probably stick with them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was planning on Brown > Brand and Paps > Merrett... however, hesitant now with Merrett's injury cloud and Brand's JS. So...

Kerridge > DMac
Papley > Dahlhaus

Am I making a mistake by trading out Kerridge (BE 70)? I have no other choice if I want to get Dahlhaus in, besides Kennedy (BE 38).

Help pls

View attachment 248718

How much cash would be left after this, Kerridge is reasonably consistent which is going to help a few out with all the carnage around at the moment. However Dahlhaus is about as good as they come up forward this year so not a bad move.

Kerridge > DMac
Papley > Dahlhaus

Help pls

View attachment 248718
I'd be holding on to Kerridge over BenKen, this game is all about points at the end of the day and I think SK will continue to outscore him.

However Melbourne are playing the listless Lions this week, so like the rest of his mates Kennedy will probably have a field day.

Moral of the story: It doesn't matter a great deal. :p

Not too keen on the bubble rookie options, especially in a week with so much carnage.

Far from set in stone, but at this stage it looks like being ...
Ablett>Montagna
Papley>Simpson (via Adams to fwds)

Ablett hasn't looked right for weeks and may never be great again ... he'll certainly never be reliable again.
These trades give me back a back/fwd dpp, give me back a mid/fwd dpp and have both my backs and forwards just 1 player each away from completion.
They also allow me to field a fairly strong team this week despite having Boyd and Hall on the bench. I'll probably stick with them.

Bold move but can see the appeal, back your gut I think, I would prefer to hold Ablett if possible but can understand your reasoning.

How much cash would be left after this, Kerridge is reasonably consistent which is going to help a few out with all the carnage around at the moment. However Dahlhaus is about as good as they come up forward this year so not a bad move.

Left with $65K which isn't bad. Yep, his consistency is the only reason I'm hesitant to let him go, but given the context of my team I think it's the right choice. Just hope Kerridge doesnt hit his BE this week and Kennedy does...

Thinking with all the carnage this week, I might look to just lock away my DEF and then address my FWD & MID issues as the season rolls on.

I'm thinking something similar because I have Tippa, Brown, DBJ, Hartley and the debacle that is Brodie Smith all at the back. To free that money up and spend it elsewhere I need cheap backmen, and I don't see anything, so thinking of going the other way and double-upgrading two of these clowns to Doc and Gibbo, and worrying about Joey, Zerrett and mids later.

Hi all,
Need some help please. Injuries are killing me laird, Adams, Ablett, Wells, cockatoo and Barlow still dropped.
Suggestions would really help.
Barlow and wells out? Who to trade in?
Help please
247976_66fc61a46667fb0b1d974deb37c7adc0.jpeg

I'm thinking something similar because I have Tippa, Brown, DBJ, Hartley and the debacle that is Brodie Smith all at the back. To free that money up and spend it elsewhere I need cheap backmen, and I don't see anything, so thinking of going the other way and double-upgrading two of these clowns to Doc and Gibbo, and worrying about Joey, Zerrett and mids later.

Glad to see I'm not the only one thinking about this path, The other thing is that I don't see any other DEF rookies that jump out that may play. Think we are more likely to get MID or FWD rookies so don't wanna fill all of it up and have no where to go later.

Bold move but can see the appeal, back your gut I think, I would prefer to hold Ablett if possible but can understand your reasoning.
I'd love to hold him too if I was confident he would come back to form fairly quickly, but I feel the odds of that are low and this game is all about playing the odds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back