Round 9 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was more referring to the fact you called tex a F7 lock, thought I detected sarcasm haha..
Team not too bad at the moment although C Ellis not making the trip hurts.. No donuts but may have to trade him otherwise risk having Xanadu and the big cox on field up forward
I wouldn't have him on the field but Tex would be a great loop hole option off it.

Ok so this is my current team:
iqdvUKs.jpg

I've made one change this week: Houli -> Docherty.

I've changed my team around so I have a full team playing except for A. Hall.

Preferably I'm looking at a decent mid/fwd dpp rookie to come in for Simpkin so I can put him in the fwd line and bring A. Hall back to the mid bench.

Alternatively, I do have $506k in the bank which could be used for an upgrade if need be.

I could also reverse the Houli trade if that would make things better, but I wanted to get rid of Houli and Simpkin due to their longer term injuries.

Thoughts?
Have you considered Papley/Simpkin -> 102k R/F, opening up DPP with Cox???

Mills > Brand
Wells > Pendlebury
ahh injuries this season are beyond a joke, super coach goods grace us all with a nice round
and bring back that overweight excuse for a midfielder barlow

I guess it depends on the Hawks structure? They seem to prefer Gibson playing looser 3rd tall. Is there anyone else ahead of brand for that 2nd key defender post?
O'Brien spending some time back in recent weeks.
Spangher back playing in the seconds, named as a emergency this week.
No clear pecking order. Brand could well beat out the other 2, but that is his competition.

IMO a fully fit Spangher with several games under his belt probably gets the gig. He's a BIG if due to injuries though

Ok. So I have Laird, Adams and Lee in my backline, Hall, Papley and wells in the forward line, and Ablett in the Mids.

Problem is, Hopper is the only Rookie that looks good to me.

Do I trade Papley and adams for ????
or Papley and Hewett for Hopper and Zach Merrett/Docherty/ (or anyone under 500k) and cop the zero.

Leaning towards the second option.

so how many rookies we all fielding ?

With Boyd, Ablett, Hall, Laird and Wells on the bench, I'm sitting on 10 ......
9 for me

Hartley, DBJ
Oliver, Petracca, Smith
Kerridge, BenKen, Tippa
(one of) Brown/MacPherson/Gresham

I wouldn't touch him YET.

I've watched all but one or 2 Port games this season.
He isn't running, he's stuck in the forward line.
In round one he was running, finding his own ball out of his f50
Then he injured his hammy and I don't think he's been fine ever since

His BE is 81, you can wait
Could it be he needed a few weeks to get over the injuries, remember Sloane and Parker last year took a few games to get going.

Could it be he needed a few weeks to get over the injuries, remember Sloane and Parker last year took a few games to get going.
Possibly.
I have no doubt he'll start putting up some respectable scores, I just don't know when it's going to be

risk it for the biscuit ;)

Do we have any realistic timeframes on all these injured bastards.

In Particular A.Hall and Wells.

if theyre expected back next week you obviously hold. but if either are out much beyond that i am half inclined to offload.

Cant find any info on the hall shoulder injury.

Anyone shed some light?

Do we have any realistic timeframes on all these injured bastards.

In Particular A.Hall and Wells.

if theyre expected back next week you obviously hold. but if either are out much beyond that i am half inclined to offload.

Cant find any info on the hall shoulder injury.

Anyone shed some light?
I'm assuming Hall's shoulder isn't too serious, just soreness from all reports.
Wells on the other hand scares me, as it is an achilles problem. No way they'll rush him back, and he could play a game or 2, then be rested again

(Log in to remove this ad.)

24 trades and $300k.

I'm trading Papley for Zorko - that's easy.

My dilemma is what to do with the other trade. I'd planned to do one of Hewett or Oliver to DMac to fund upgrades next week (I want to take one more week to look at Priddis before pulling the trigger on him).

But now with Barlow and Wells still out (together with everyone else) I am reluctant to trade away players who are playing (even with Papley out I will be playing Menadue and have no cover in the FWD line - I've moved Zerret to the middle so at least I have an emergency there in case he is a late out).

So I think I will trade Barlow or Wells. The question is; which one?

Barlow would allow me to trade to Montagna, Priddis or someone else in that range. Wells is priced slightly more in no mans land. So I am leaning the to the former although I have a sneaking feeling that the latter will be out for the longer period of time.

Decisions, decisions.

Hi all,
Need some help please. Injuries are killing me laird, Adams, Ablett, Wells, cockatoo and Barlow still dropped.
Suggestions would really help.
Barlow and wells out? Who to trade in?
Help please
247976_66fc61a46667fb0b1d974deb37c7adc0.jpeg

I'm assuming Hall's shoulder isn't too serious, just soreness from all reports.
Wells on the other hand scares me, as it is an achilles problem. No way they'll rush him back, and he could play a game or 2, then be rested again

My take on Wells is that he's one of Norths most important players in regards to challenging for the flag. They're 8-0 they can afford to rest him for a few more weeks yet. More important that he's in tip top shape at the business end.

24 trades and $300k.

I'm trading Papley for Zorko - that's easy.

My dilemma is what to do with the other trade. I'd planned to do one of Hewett or Oliver to DMac to fund upgrades next week (I want to take one more week to look at Priddis before pulling the trigger on him).

But now with Barlow and Wells still out (together with everyone else) I am reluctant to trade away players who are playing (even with Papley out I will be playing Menadue and have no cover in the FWD line - I've moved Zerret to the middle so at least I have an emergency there in case he is a late out).

Barlow would allow me to trade to Montagna, Priddis or someone else in that range. Wells is priced slightly more in no mans land. So I am leaning the to the former although I have a sneaking feeling that the latter will be out for the longer period of time.

Decisions, decisions.

Trade Barlow. Ross is a campaigner.

24 trades and $300k.

FWIW I have the same problem with Wells and Barlow, and I'm trading Barlow. The way I look at it, I picked him to be a premo 100+ avg which he is not delivering (yet still at his starting price, so no lost $$) and dodgy JS is something you cannot have with premos. While Wells was looking a keeper, we only forked out 240k for him. We know when fit he is best 22, hopefully by next week more info will have come out on scope of his injury so will be better placed to make a decision on him. My trades:

Papley -> Zorko
Barlow -> Dahlhaus

Carrying Wells, Ablett, Hall, Adams, Laird. Hopefully all return next week (one can dream!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back