Round 9 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goldie costs 58K

Strnadia gives you 160K and coverage if Sandi misses a week in later rounds. We all know Sandi will misses games. If hes rested for 1 game the goldie trade turns to Relton Roberts.

I have looked at your emergences for this round and you can loophole the rookie forwards if one of those pumps out a 100 it will look like an even better move to get Strnadia

If Goldie gets rested and they pick Majak ahead of Preues you still have problems. Also based on average scores Goldie is a 3 point loss per game.

And next week you can spend that 218K left over on whatever you like.
I have the option of trading Preuss for Strnadica if Sandi misses. However, I just can't justify trading a non player for another non player at the moment. Goldy might be averaging 3 less than Witts right now, but I would still back him to have a higher average by the end of the year. If you take out the 52 he scored when Preuss was the #1 ruck for the day then he's still averaging 97.

I will loophole Parsons tonight in the forward line. I don't need to do any trading before tomorrow.

Righto ladies and gents....

Really want a league win this week as I quite dislike the bloke I am playing. I like him about as much as Murph's Mrs likes Jake Carlisle. Or about as much as I used to like watching Shane Watson open the batting.

Taylor Adams is going down back meaning I am thinking Hampton to Myers and Hannan to Koby. I like the idea of having Koby and each time he gets the footy saying "Kobe" out loud and mimicking a Kobe Bryant fade-away 3 pointer.

My other option would be to trade Otten which would give me the cash to get Greene or McRae (Yeo only one I can't afford in that scenario) in the forward line instead of Koby. This might suit my bye rounds better, but less mimicking to be done, less commentary from myself also.

Which option do you think?

Really want a league win this week as I quite dislike the bloke I am playing. I like him about as much as Murph's Mrs likes Jake Carlisle. Or about as much as I used to like watching Shane Watson open the batting.

Taylor Adams is going down back meaning I am thinking Hampton to Myers and Hannan to Koby. I like the idea of having Koby and each time he gets the footy saying "Kobe" out loud and mimicking a Kobe Bryant fade-away 3 pointer.

My other option would be to trade Otten which would give me the cash to get Greene or McRae (Yeo only one I can't afford in that scenario) in the forward line instead of Koby. This might suit my bye rounds better, but less mimicking to be done, less commentary from myself also.

Possibly helps if you post your whole side

I loved watching Shane Watson open the batting. Never had to watch for more than five minutes for each innings.

I recommend holding Otten this week. Will play forward and against the lions.

I'm actually not planning on holding Rocky. Planning on trading him to Heeney at this stage. Will wait and see how Parsons scores on the pine tonight though. If he gets a half decent score then I'll shelve that idea.
Fair enough.
Thing with Rocky is everyone knows he is gonna miss games. You select him at the start of the year knowing this.

The difference with him is the way people manage him. Missing a game over his bye is a god send as it's one less rookie score you have to take.

You know he's gonna come back and average 120+
He does it every year and is already doing it so far this year. Plus he's playing for that 700k number he put on his head. Add the new player agreement and he's looking to cash in.
Will pig hard.

If you field SPP for the next 2 week and he scores 2x70 and Rocky averages 2x120 then you're only short 100 points.
Is 100 points worth a trade to bring him back in?

**** no and trust me and many others on this board you'll want him back in.

You can still get Heeney in after his bye.
But still gotta trust your gut. Will Heeney go up too much by then making a trade of Rocky to him worth it?
Will that spare cash give you another upgrade sooner then later?

Alright guys, so first time poster, long time reader.

Having a head-scratching time working out what I should do here, pretty sure avoiding at least 1 donut isn't possible.

At the moment thinking of either making some so-so trades or just copping a poor score this week and doing two downgrades.

Was considering

Butler > Greenwood (risk)
Witts > S.Martin or Goldy

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
troubles.jpg

Last edited:
Fair enough.
Thing with Rocky is everyone knows he is gonna miss games. You select him at the start of the year knowing this.

The difference with him is the way people manage him. Missing a game over his bye is a god send as it's one less rookie score you have to take.

He does it every year and is already doing it so far this year. Plus he's playing for that 700k number he put on his head. Add the new player agreement and he's looking to cash in.
Will pig hard.

If you field SPP for the next 2 week and he scores 2x70 and Rocky averages 2x120 then you're only short 100 points.

But still gotta trust your gut. Will Heeney go up too much by then making a trade of Rocky to him worth it?

I didnt'. I only bought him in last week. :'(:'(:'(

Heres my :pileofpoop::lorry:.
Only 25k in piggy.

20170519_113513.png
20170519_114106.png

Options are limited this week.
Willaimson to myers and houston to Burton might be the best i can do.

Also interested in koby steven for Hampton and houston.
I might be missing something?

Glad there's some moar rookies coming out of the woodwork.

Fair enough.

Will pig hard.

Wish we knew more about his injury. The big question is, will it require surgery at some stage? I know it popped straight back in which is a huge positive, but if he's going to manage it for the rest of the year and play sore then it is going to affect his scoring. That's the big unknown at the moment.

Trading Butler out. Just don't know whether to bring in Heeney for him or Petracca at his tempting price. Is petracca consistent enough? Definitely has potential to average 100 but whether that happens is another story. Thoughts?

Having a head-scratching time working out what I should do here, pretty sure avoiding at least 1 donut isn't possible.

At the moment thinking of either making some so-so trades or just copping a poor score this week and doing two downgrades.

Was considering

View attachment 372148

Swap Powell Pepper with Treloar on field
Butler to Myers via Taranto
Witts to Goldstein or Preuss to Soldo

I think that avoids a donut.

Edit: just saw Ryder, hmmmmm

Was considering

View attachment 372151
Oh dear. Looks like you are in a world of pain this week. Not sure I can help. FWIW I'm trading Witts to Goldy this week but you will need a downgrade to generate some cash to do that. Butler> Greenwood might be your only realistic option.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have a conundrum and need some help. Who do people think is more likely to get back into the seniors - Pruess or Balic?

Balic is gone for at least a few weeks, and Damien Barrett mentioned on The Footy Show that he is almost certain to request a trade at the end of the year, so will Lyon even bother selecting him again?

Preuss looks like he is purely a 'break glass in case of Goldstein injury' player now, though I'm still holding on to dickwad Scott's words earlier in the year when he said they would/could play in the same team.

They've both got plenty of money to make if they can get back into the team, but I need to lose one of them this week. I'd prefer to keep Preuss but scared he won't play again all year and Balic will come back into the seniors in a few weeks.

Swap Powell Pepper with Treloar on field
Butler to Myers via Taranto
Witts to Goldstein or Preuss to Soldo

I think that avoids a donut.

Edit: just saw Ryder, hmmmmm

My bad, rushed the screenshot after resetting my team to the week before.

Yep, think getting Myers in is a great option, just have to work out if should downgrade or upgrade in the Rucks - Leaning towards a downgrade at the moment.

I really don't think the donut can be avoided, but love your work! Been trying for a good 30 minutes subbing and trading.

My bad, rushed the screenshot after resetting my team to the week before.

Yep, think getting Myers in is a great option, just have to work out if should downgrade or upgrade in the Rucks - Leaning towards a downgrade at the moment.

I really don't think the donut can be avoided, but love your work! Been trying for a good 30 minutes subbing and trading.

The screenshot has disappeared

I have a conundrum and need some help. Who do people think is more likely to get back into the seniors - Pruess or Balic?

Balic is gone for at least a few weeks, and Damien Barrett mentioned on The Footy Show that he is almost certain to request a trade at the end of the year, so will Lyon even bother selecting him again?

Preuss looks like he is purely a 'break glass in case of Goldstein injury' player now, though I'm still holding on to dickwad Scott's words earlier in the year when he said they would/could play in the same team.

They've both got plenty of money to make if they can get back into the team, but I need to lose one of them this week. I'd prefer to keep Preuss but scared he won't play again all year and Balic will come back into the seniors in a few weeks.
I would trade Balic. You would think he'd be at least a month away from playing footy, and then even if he does it will have to be in the reserves. He had four games of 30+ possessions before RTB finally picked him. He'll be gone from my team when the opportunity presents itself. Good loop for the time being though.

Oh dear. Looks like you are in a world of pain this week. Not sure I can help. FWIW I'm trading Witts to Goldy this week but you will need a downgrade to generate some cash to do that. Butler> Greenwood might be your only realistic option.

Have penciled in:

Butler > Myers via Taranto
Witts > Goldy (but doesn't set me up well for round 12 Byes - so considering Martin or McEvoy instead)

Leaving 87k in the bank - will have a think about it a bit more though.

The screenshot has disappeared

Seems alright now? :)

Greene IMO
Better bye.
Greene is better for the bye but 2k short so need to trade out balic or otten instead of eddy. Could trade fisher instead of eddy but then stuck with both eddy and balic not playing.

If I trade in heeney then will need to bring another rookie next week to get 18 r11 players. Maybe Lloyd.

Sticking fat with the two Adelaide defenders (Otten/Hampton) for now. If there's one week they're gonna go big it'll be against Brisbane.

Much bigger problems to tackle right now
False positive in my opinion. Are brisbane going to get enough of the ball to give these two enough scoring opportunities (if they play defense)?

Otten likely playing forward with Jenkins out however

Goldie costs 58K

Strnadia gives you 160K and coverage if Sandi misses a week in later rounds. We all know Sandi will misses games. If hes rested for 1 game the goldie trade turns to Relton Roberts.

If Goldie gets rested and they pick Majak ahead of Preues you still have problems. Also based on average scores Goldie is a 3 point loss per game.

And next week you can spend that 218K left over on whatever you like.
Strnadica won't play if Sandi is out, either Griffin or Darcy will

Greene is better for the bye but 2k short so need to trade out balic or otten instead of eddy. Could trade fisher instead of eddy but then stuck with both eddy and balic not playing.

If I trade in heeney then will need to bring another rookie next week to get 18 r11 players. Maybe Lloyd.
To get rid of a spud at 140k you need to make compromises.
That's not such a bad one.
Go heeney.

For all the people who keep asking about Mcinnes, i think it's a pretty bad idea.

He's only been promoted off the rookie list because the cupboard was completely bare. Played surprisingly well last week so i can't see him losing his spot for Sunday, despite the fact Petrie is back. Going forward, Petrie is most likely the better option.

That being said, i highly doubt he'll play more than 4 games at most which leaves you wasting a trade for minimal earnings when he's eventually dropped back to the WAFL.

For all the people who keep asking about Mcinnes, i think it's a pretty bad idea.

He's only been promoted off the rookie list because the cupboard was completely bare. Played surprisingly well last week so i can't see him losing his spot for Sunday, despite the fact Petrie is back. Going forward, Petrie is most likely the better option.

That being said, i highly doubt he'll play more than 4 games at most which leaves you wasting a trade for minimal earnings when he's eventually dropped back to the WAFL.
Besides your rucks.
Your forwards and backs are pretty much injury free.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back