Round 9 trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Johnno Brown this week or wait?

Just wondering if people thought Johnno Brown will appreciate soon, has a lot of Gabba games coming up and I don't want him to slip out of the budget.

What would be his b/e this week?

Much as I hate to say it, I have a feeling The Browndog's gonna hurt us this week. Yes, he'll get Hudgton on him, but Maxy's not the stopper he once was (and is still coming back from injury), and we'll also need to keep an eye on Bradshaw, who should be pretty fired up after last week's embarrassment, so probably won't be able to double-team Brown either.
I'm a little scared...:eek:

I am thinking of trading out Rioli & Didak and bringing in Franklin & J.Brown.

This will leave me with a forward line of:
Franklin, J.Brown, Pavlich, Riewoldt (Dew covering for now), Porplyzia, B.Johnson & Tredrea.

With one possible upgrade to come of Dew to P.Chapman.

15 trades remaining. Thoughts?

I am thinking of trading out Rioli & Didak and bringing in Franklin & J.Brown.

This will leave me with a forward line of:
Franklin, J.Brown, Pavlich, Riewoldt (Dew covering for now), Porplyzia, B.Johnson & Tredrea.

With one possible upgrade to come of Dew to P.Chapman.

15 trades remaining. Thoughts?

You are pretty keen to keep Tredrea then? Is this inside Port knowledge that Tredders is ready to rip it up or is this being soft on players you support? He is the first I would look to get rid of.

Will probably get rid of N brown (coll) and upgrade to Newman, is that alright?

Leaves me with 9 trades and a solid back line.

Then will downgrade gamble and upgrade houli and pretty much will be happy with that team

Then will downgrade gamble and upgrade houli and pretty much will be happy with that team

Brown will not go up much more. Is he in your starting 7?
Not sure about Newman, but if you are happy with him go for it.

No inside Port knowledge unfortunately and am still tossing up between Didak & Tredrea. Tredrea's scoring all depends on Port's style, in the first half against the Hawks he was killing it, then Port changed style and the attack dried up. We are playing Sydney this week which means the standard Sydney shutdown football so this will probably sway my decision to trade out Tredders.

My line up is currently:

B- J'____, Shaw, Milburn, Mattner, Kennely, Ibbo, Myers, Cornes, Proud

C-Ablett, Hayes, Stevens,Boak, Houli, Palmer, Ebert, Browne

R-Cox, Symmonds, West, Hampson

F-Brown, B.Johnson, Pavlich, Chapman, Rioli, Porp, N.Thompson, McKinley, Valenti

Cash in the bank - $315,500 Trades - 13.

Due to a couple of bad early trades and some injuries I have burnt a couple more than I would of liked. Last week I shipped out Bartram and Hill to give me some cash and now it is time to shop.

Where do you think I should be looking to improve first? With Tadgh K hopefully back next week I think I am best off to save the trade and suck up the 0 this week (would love the Chad back to stop this!).

I could stretch to snapping up Nick Dal Santo and Lance Franklin, by trading Boak and Rioli, but this would leave me with pretty much nothing in the bank for later also. Also Rioli may be worth holding onto.

Am I better perhaps with just one trade this week for either RoK/Franklin or in the midfield somewhere to a gun?

Looking forward to some tips n advice here on night shift in London!

Hazey

Thanks for your replies guys.

I too was thinking of trading rioli for j brown.

Johnno looks pretty safe to beat (smash?) his b/e, what about rioli? Sorry for appearing lazy but this pc I am on won't run Walesy's sheet for some reason???

Seems a bit wrong to trade cyril out this week given the round's significance, plus I would love to save this trade until next week if possible allowing me to trade N Brown down to Dyson for the bench.

Did exactly that last week. Certainly didn't hurt me.

Newman basically bottomed out and should only start heading back up. Since his average was reasonable, and N Brown is pretty unreliable for SC, I think its a win.

Did exactly that last week. Certainly didn't hurt me.

Newman basically bottomed out and should only start heading back up. Since his average was reasonable, and N Brown is pretty unreliable for SC, I think its a win.

Yup trade down.

Down grading of Gamble to finish next week and upgrading Houli to close to an elite mid as I can get will be me done and only trade outs for injuries

anyone think trading k. cornes for dal is worth it? or just a sideways trade>?
my midfield is cotchin stevens a.simpson hodge cornes houli morton and geary

(Log in to remove this ad.)

anyone think trading k. cornes for dal is worth it? or just a sideways trade>?
my midfield is cotchin stevens a.simpson hodge cornes houli morton and geary

You'd be much better off trading up Houli than doing the slightest of upgrades with Cornes. Especially seeing that Hodge is injured it would mean that you're essentially starting 3 rookies in the midfield so you should upgrade at least one.

Ok, so it's now or never to do the Houli => Nick Dal Santo trade. So with only 44k in the bank, I need to free up some cash to do this. My options are:

Option 1

Gram => Myers -- Myers plays as my 7th back and Proud and SDT sit on the bench (sounds risky)
PROS: I get Myers who I'd rather have than Playfair.
CONS: First year player on my field. Screwed if Myers gets dropped. Rioli sits on my bench still, wasting money.

Option 2
Rioli => Playfair -- Playfair sits on the bench.
PROS: Get rid of Rioli at his peak. Don't have Rioli's 390k sitting on the bench doing nothing. No n00bs in my backline (less chance of a 0).
CONS: Miss the Myers boat and end up with Playfair.

hmmm. I'm leaning towards Option 2. Rioli on the bench is just gonna be a waste now that he has peaked.

Wood has been very frustrating just not sure who I should get Sandi. or White or even Jolly. But I agree with you Wood has to go

Agreed.

I'd get Sandilands or White.

Both proven, both consistent. Won't have to trade a ruckman again (bar injury :eek:)

What do you think guys? I could cash Gamble/Tippett in for Valenti and then change Houli to Bartel?

If you can do that then of course, but wait till next week imo.

Tippett and Gamble will go up.
Houli won't move much, might go up.

Bartel has a high BE as well.

Can't wait till next season, I actually think I know what I'm doing in this god addictive game at last.

Ah the life of a second year Supercoach noob. Last year I had no idea at this game at all yet still finished forth. I knew nothing about upgrading and downgrading and sideways trading, etc. :p:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back