Round 9 Vs Kangaroos

Remove this Banner Ad

In: Rivers, McLean, Robertson, Newton

Out: Ferguson (Inj) Miller, and two of Bell, Brown, Ward.....all omitted.

Did anyone else notice Sylvia limping with a huge ice pack on his left hammy after the game? Hopefully he's ok! I would would put Moloney back in aswell If he's fit next week.

I didn't watch the game, but surely Bell can't be dropped? He has had a great year to date, and even if he did play poorly today, there are at least 15 others who should go before him.

Can't drop Bell, he's played well this year. Ward gave a decent bit of run today but could be dropped. What about Moloney?

I'd have:

In: Rivers, Newton, Robertson, McLean
Out: Fergeson, Miller, Brown, Ward

That stretches our defence a bit though?

B: Whelan Carroll Bell
HB: Yze Rivers Petterd
C: Green McLean Bruce
HF: Davey Dunn Newton
FF: Robertson Neitz Sylvia
Foll: White McDonald Johnstone
Int: P.Johnson Godfrey Bate Jones

That's nearly the best team we can put out on the park so there are no excuses this week.

In: Rivers, McLean, Robertson, Newton

Out: Ferguson (Inj) Miller, Brown, Dunn

The first three ins are pretty straight forward if Rivers, Robbo and Brock are right. Ferg's injured, Miller has to go and Brown is unlucky but we have too many backmen in the side at the moment. And I don't think the midfield role for Dunn is really working.

Holland might also be in (hopefully not) with the roos having Brown, Petrie and Edwards up forward, but playing Robbo and Newton might force Brown into the backline.

Rivers - Petrie
Holland - Brown
Carroll - Edwards

??

If we don't play Holland then

Rivers - Petrie
Bell - Edwards
Carroll - Brown
Petrie will almost definately play back.

Our forward line will be Jones, Brown in the 50, with Edwards running amok of half forward. With Thomas, Campbell, and Grant resting up there.

We'll probably bring in Moran and Archer this week.

What's the point of bring Moloney in anyway? He's like Ferguson he'll just neck himself anyway.

Rivers/Brock/Robbo are a must. Newton won't get a run because the coaching staff don't have any testicles to try anything new.

And Miller should be thrown under a bus.

I think Sylvia is injured went of the ground pretty early in the last QTR had a Ice pack on his leg after the game so might have done his hammy.

Can't drop Bell, he's played well this year. Ward gave a decent bit of run today but could be dropped. What about Moloney?

I'd have:

In: Rivers, Newton, Robertson, McLean
Out: Fergeson, Miller, Brown, Ward

That stretches our defence a bit though?

That's nearly the best team we can put out on the park so there are no excuses this week.

Please can people stop naming Yze as a backmen, he hasn't played well there for 3 years. And I think you need to play either Ward or Brown, the defence would be stretched too much.

12 goals loss requires massive changes.

In's:
1) Robertson (Definite: Played well for the Zebras with 4 goals)
2) Mclean (Definite)
3) Rivers (Definite)
4) Newton (Must try something new: Deserve a chance especially with 2 goals this week)
5) Frawley (Give him a go. This will give the defence a fresh look)

Out's:
1) Fergusson (injuried: Has gone backwards. Not a good sign)
2) Miller (Hasen't showed much recently)
3) Godfrey (Gave Judd too many freedom and space which killed us)
4) & 5) Ward & Brown (Can't play both in one team anymore. Although Ward tried and played ok)

B: Whelan Carroll Frawley
HB: Bate Rivers Bell
C: Jones Mclean Johnstone
HF: Yze Newton Davey
F: Robertson Neitz Sylvia
Ruck: White Bruce McDonald
Inter: P Johnson Green Dunn Pettard
Emer: Ward Holland Brown

Comments:
1) Nathan Carroll can let the team down especially giving easy goals. Support is required, otherwise pressure will be on him. I don't think Carroll is as good as before. Carroll's concerntration can be dstructed at times.
2) Bate: Haven't seen much of him in action today. Try Bate in defence next week to get some action. (Similar to Cornes)
3) Dunn: Abit quite. With Fergusson injuried, Dunn was in defence instaed of FF. Abit inexperience for Dunn, but will retain Dunn in the team to increase goal kicking power especially Neitz isn't kicking enough goals.
4) Pickett played well in the 2nd's, but I don't think he will be back for few more weeks.
5) Hope Sylvia is ok. Sylvia is playing very well at present.

I didn't watch the game, but surely Bell can't be dropped?

Belly makes to many errors. Once again a poor kick deep in defence gave Wirrupunda an easy goal during the 3rd quarter. What should have been a relatively easy 15 meter kick to Pettard missed him completely only for Wirra to swoop.

You can't make these sorts of mistakes week after week and expect to get a game.

Season over

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And Miller should be thrown under a bus.
Just make sure the bus reverses back over him, just to make sure. :cool:

I want to see Newton playing this week, give the kid a chance. Even if we cop a belting, play the kids.

HB: Brown Rivers frawley
HF: Davey Dunn Robertson
FF: P.Johnson Neitz Sylvia
Int: Godfrey yze Jones bate

throw p.johnson up forward so a tall defender has to take him... i dont like bell in the bp just cos of his ball use but its the best we can do. maybe wardy instead. great centre line with green mclean and bruce. rotate midfielders like crazy off bench and hope we outrun them...

That looks an extremely strong team for a side that is 0-8.

I have not really seen the Dees play this year but can someone tell me in a sentence what is wrong given the apparent quality of that list?

12 goals loss requires massive changes.

Out's:
1) Fergusson (injuried: Has gone backwards. Not a good sign)
2) Miller (Hasen't showed much recently)
3) Godfrey (Gave Judd too many freedom and space which killed us)
4) & 5) Ward & Brown (Can't play both in one team anymore. Although Ward tried and played ok)

The reason Godfrey gave Judd too much freedom, was because he was playing on Kerr. Although i think Jones played on Kerr in the last quarter. So Godders might have been on Judd for a quarter.

I have not really seen the Dees play this year but can someone tell me in a sentence what is wrong given the apparent quality of that list?

We are player similar to you last year, not giving ourselves a chance to win, we're not backing ourselves to get the job done, we did it against the dogs and port and were competitive.

Petrie will almost definately play back.

Our forward line will be Jones, Brown in the 50, with Edwards running amok of half forward. With Thomas, Campbell, and Grant resting up there.

We'll probably bring in Moran and Archer this week.

Possibly.

Definite changes.

Out: Watt
In: Archer

Might see Moran or Hale come in for Green or McMahon (who were both Ok last week) if Petrie is to play as a permanent defender.

shinboner archer IN and will be all over ginger BATE, this will be test for BATE i for one am not impressed with him TOO SLOW no AGGRESSION and no EMOTION.

Here goes - one sentence:

From the listed team, Whelan, Rivers, Green, McLean, Dunn, Robertson, Neitz, Sylvia, Johnstone and Jones have all been injured with key players such as McLean and Robertson not available to play since being injured in round1.

shinboner archer IN and will be all over ginger BATE, this will be test for BATE i for one am not impressed with him TOO SLOW no AGGRESSION and no EMOTION.

Are you on crack? Did you see him lose the plot after he kicked that goal in the third quarter against Port? No emotion my arse.

Reminds me of Miller!

Bate does show emotion though and he works pretty damn hard on the half forward flank, hes speed is a concern but I think he'll get better at it, and you can't just criticize one Melbourne player for no aggression, most of them show none.

to be honest, if miller hasnt been dropped after 8 games (that im aware of) i wouldnt be dropping him for the match against the roos... someone tell me if im wrong but im pretty sure miller has played pretty well against us in recent times?

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 9 Vs Kangaroos

Remove this Banner Ad

Back