Game Day Round 9 vs. Western Bulldogs, Fri 13/05, 7:50pm MRVL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

So I have been a fan of Tyler, he plays well at VFL but like he’s brother does nothing in the big league. I’m officially off. Both to delist.

Out: Brown, Bianco, Begg
In: Cox, McRae, HH

We can’t keep playing the Cameron/Begg combination, neither are Rucks. Cox gives you a competitive ruck and leaves Cameron as another tall forward that we need. Honestly Finn should be much better the Tyler and HH to debut or Murley. I’d actually prefer Fowler but alas no.

The sooner we get Roughead and Dean into the side the better.

Out: Bianco, WHE
In: Macrae, Poulter

JDG, Begg and Mihocek should be our Key forwards.

I feel Begg can impact the ball forward of Center. He was in the right positions today but just rushed his decisions.

I’m sure I’ll get slammed for WHE, but I don’t care. Take away his 2 goals and you probably don’t even remember him playing the game. 0 tackles & 3 PRESSURE acts.

So I have been a fan of Tyler, he plays well at VFL but like he’s brother does nothing in the big league. I’m officially off. Both to delist.

Out: Brown, Bianco, Begg
In: Cox, McRae, HH

We can’t keep playing the Cameron/Begg combination, neither are Rucks. Cox gives you a competitive ruck and leaves Cameron as another tall forward that we need. Honestly Finn should be much better the Tyler and HH to debut or Murley. I’d actually prefer Fowler but alas no.

The sooner we get Roughead and Dean into the side the better.
Agree on Roughy

Bring in Cox,but keep Cameron and Begg,using Cox primarily as a forward.We just had absolutely no forward structure today because of a complete lack of height.At least Cox does attract defenders to him,and should bring other forwards into the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Need a presence in the middle but I’m not sure Coxy is that but he needs to come in and ruck. Bianco doesn’t look to offer much, next best young mid type in the 2’s come in.

Out: Bianco, WHE
In: Ruscoe, Poulter

Cox is not the future. Persevered with Begg 👍
Cox isn't the future but Begg is also quite skinny at the moment. Don't think Richmond would have had a hitout differential of +33 since Nankervis has been at the club.

Interesting if we go with Cox, Cameron and Begg to stretch the Doggies. Cameron and Begg l think have been promising abd shown enough so far, particularly Cameron.
I think the Dogs get back English and Keath for Friday night, so maybe Cox could be an option....

Bring in Cox,but keep Cameron and Begg,using Cox primarily as a forward.We just had absolutely no forward structure today because of a complete lack of height.At least Cox does attract defenders to him,and should bring other forwards into the game.
I agree to an extent, but I’d have Cox take the centre bounces then push forward.

Structurally, Begg has to come out. There’s no like-for-like swap for Grundy in this list so we need to think different.

Some others like Brown, Bianca, etc, we can speculate about, but that Begg change must happen

Problems were lack of key position players. Moore was forced to play too deep, totally wasting his skill set. Begg has had a couple of games to acclimatise to the big league and now it’s time to go back to the VFL and work on what he’s learned.

Assuming Roughead unavailable……

In Cox, Madgen (from sub bench)
Out Begg, T Brown ( to sub bench)

Pointless dropping Bianco after one game. Give him a block unless somebody else demands selection. Also tough on dropping Tyler Brown to the sub bench but I couldn’t think of anybody else except Bianco. Wouldn’t be opposed to see Nick D rested.

Edit…. sidey would also make a good sub given his poor output but the coaches view of his contribution might be different to an outsiders.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back