Round ball code talk

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep that’s it. Also fair.

Actually they were identical on that factor too, and it came down to their overall qualifying rankings, where Denmark were are higher ranked team than Slovenia:

Actually they were identical on that factor too, and it came down to their overall qualifying rankings, where Denmark were are higher ranked team than Slovenia:

Oh were they?! Haha I thought I read it was cards. Falling back to rank is still fair though!

Thats an awful way to decide things.

Honestly a coin toss would be fairer.

Thats an awful way to decide things.

Honestly a coin toss would be fairer.

Serious? As the article says, they actually met each other home and away during the qualifiers and Denmark got the better of Slovakia, so they would've ended up in a higher seeded pot in the draw for the finals - seems fair with everything else being equal that this was what decided who got second place in their group.

As it's panned out Denmark has to play Germany and Slovakia got Portugal in the round of 16, so maybe Slovakia got the better outcome anyway!

Last edited:
Serious? As the article says, they actually met each other home and away during the qualifiers and Denmark got the better of Slovakia, so they would've ended up in a higher seeded pot in the draw for the finals - seems fair with everything else being equal that this was what decided who got second place in their group.

As it's panned out Denmark has to play Germany and Slovakia got Portugal in the round of 16, so maybe Slovakia got the better outcome anyway!
Oh wait 3rd goes through? I thought it was only top 2... I still think its bad but if it doesn't knock them out much less so.

I just feel like once a tournament starts you should all be on level pegging. Its a new day and what happened pre-tournament shouldn't matter.

Oh wait 3rd goes through? I thought it was only top 2... I still think its bad but if it doesn't knock them out much less so.

I just feel like once a tournament starts you should all be on level pegging. Its a new day and what happened pre-tournament shouldn't matter.

Yeah, there were only 6 groups of four, so the four highest ranked third placed teams qualified. Poor old Ukraine got more points than Slovenia (and Denmark), but were fourth on goal diff in their group, so missed out altogether.

Watching Switzerland vs Italy

As I’m Italian naturally I’m supporting the boys Gil Azzurri.

What is Spalletti even thinking?

How does he expect to play out with a right side of Mancini, Cristante, and Di Lorenzo?

Chiesa wants to get in behind and he only receives the ball with his back to goal in our own half.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

italy’s opening half an hour
a64ad1f2117767add21a6f1b10821eea.jpg

Play technical players. No Di Lorenzo. No Cristante. No Frattesi.

If you can’t even be assured with the ball in possession, how do you expect to push and score?

It’s absolutely embarrassing and all the fault of the manager.

played di lorenzo every game because ‘he’s like a son to me’

refused to play 3-5-2 even though the squad is suited to it

wanted to recreate his napoli with cristante and mancini

jorginho in the squad after costing italy world cup qualification

no locatelli

no playstation
2be693740af74b1024b7fffc1539b7b7.jpg

Bit of a Ryder2Gray last minute reprieve for England/Southgate last night - behind 0-1 against Slovakia most of the night until a 95th minute equaliser from Bellingham, then Kane put them 2-1 up in the first minute of extra time and that's how it finished. They now play Switzerland, who knocked out Italy the other night.

Georgia, like Afghanistan in the T20s, were out of their depth at the next stage, going down 4-1 to Spain. It's Spain v the hosts Germany in the quarters, so one of the heavyweights will be gone.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back