Game Day Round V, 2019: The Lycett Strikes Back (West Coast vs. Port)

Remove this Banner Ad

Really?

Norf last year?

Worse than Essendon at home last year?

Cmon buddy
I dunno, I could explain that away. Bye loss and all and we played ok footy in the second half. If we don't at least close the gap a little in the second half it'll be a horrid loss imo

I did forget about norf you are right, wiped that from my mind.

Can’t see it myself

Maybe I’m suffering from a hangover 🤷🏽‍♂️
You have lost it. North is one of those 10 hours to get there changing planes pile of shit matches. Essendon I wasn't here for last year but we had lots out for that?

Just for the shits and giggles, any chance of a goal after the siren victory?

Jussayin.
We peg three back in a tight third quarter to bring the margin back to 37 points at the final change. Port tire after the journey and playing a high octane style for 3 quarters. Our mids kick into gear and we kick 4 goals in the first 15 minutes. Margin is 13 with 8 minutes to play. Tight tussle for the next 3 minutes which ends in a Ryan soccer off the ground to get it to 7. From the bounce we stream up the middle, the chain getting to Masten who kicks a point running into an open goal. The margin is 6 with 3 minutes to play. The ball is frantic, Gaff wins the contest on the wing and kicks it into Oscar Allen who marks and kicks the goal. Scores level with 20 seconds to play. Ball squirts to the Port forwardline which is picked up by Jetta with 10 seconds to go, he takes a bounce and torps it into the forwardline where Cripps has gotten off the back. Siren. Cripps kicks and hits the post. 1 point win.

go nothing to do with effort, all to do with our game plan not being suited to the wet, i.e. kicking it long to the forwards who still try overhead marks etc.

we dont have a plan B for the wet, and we always stink it up in the wet compared to the opposition. Seriously, Port are playing like its not even raining!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yikes, feel so bad for the missus at the game watching this.

She was so excited when got tickets from her work mate today, and she's sitting in the rain watching this absolute nightmare.

Oh well, that's what you get for dating me.
I was going to say if she had a brain she would be home in 10 minutes.

Then I read the last line. :moustache:

Some really poor coaching as well. In a wet game WTF is gaff doing playing inside. I've said it before but we looked a better side last year after gaff went out. Not that it's gaff in himself but I can only see the 1 role combined for him and masten.

Hard at the contest wet weather footy is basically the perfect setup for port to play us too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day Round V, 2019: The Lycett Strikes Back (West Coast vs. Port)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back