Rounds 9 & 10 - Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Round 9 trades

Hey guys...need some help.

I am currently ranked 723 and want Judd in this week so will be downgrading Nason but not sure who to. I already have Webberly and Roberton so not sure who to downgrade Nason to. Anyone know of a cheap backman that will get a few games this year?

Cheers :)

Your ranking suggests you dont need any help ;).

With the injury to Hooker, Tyson Slattery would be in the mix the next few weeks. Some speculation that Pears could be back as early as this week may be the biggest hurdle though.

Help please...

Maguire or Hargrave as D7...

also

Sam Fisher, Goodwin or Adcock for my D6?

Don't waste a trade on Hargrave if that's your though. I'd start Goose myself, but maybe keeping the faith with Hargrave is smarter.

I'd pick Goodwin myself, but Chips (Fisher) is just as good. Fisher is playing forward more, so that's why I'm staying away. Onto my predicament.

Firstly, I have 10 trades left. Do I stop trading now, or should I disregard that?

If I should:

OUT: Silvagni, Ziebell
IN: Sheppard, Leon Davis

Or can you see a better trade I can do with this team:

nyvjsz.jpg

Thoughts?

Don't waste a trade on Hargrave if that's your though. I'd start Goose myself, but maybe keeping the faith with Hargrave is smarter.

I'd pick Goodwin myself, but Chips (Fisher) is just as good. Fisher is playing forward more, so that's why I'm staying away. Onto my predicament.

Firstly, I have 10 trades left. Do I stop trading now, or should I disregard that?

If I should:

OUT: Silvagni, Ziebell
IN: Sheppard, Leon Davis

Or can you see a better trade I can do with this team:

nyvjsz.jpg

Thoughts?

Your team is good...reminds me of how many keepers I also have.

Anyway I would stop...I think Rioli will need upgrading at some stage (OP/Hawthorn's season over by round 15), as will your mid bench which has no JS, and maybe the backs bench, for same reason, and I reckon you want 4-5 left for injuries at the back end.

If you must trade, you really want it to be for a keeper at this stage as you can't afford to burn a trade and then have to burn another on the same place later. So for that reason I'd shy away from Sheppard and Davis. Ziebell to Davis is a fair enough upgrade if you have the cash.

No idea what do this week.. getting 2150+ most weeks but forwards are just killing me this year... zzz

Back: Hodge, Enright, Goddard, Goodwin, Waters, Kennelly, Maguire
Back Bench: Hunt, Silvagni

Mids: Ablett, Barlow, Cooney, Judd, Martin, Howlett
Mid Bench: Banner, Duncan

Rucks: Cox, Clark
Ruck Bench: Warnock, Trengrove

Forwards: Franklin, Chapman, Brown, O'Keefe, Pods, Sylvia, Rockliff
Forward Bench: Murphy, Gumbleton

I can make 2 trades this week any help would be great

Happy with the backline/rucks so wont be looking to bring in anyone in them 2 places. (70k Bank)

Does anybody have a problem with having Maguire as your D7 as a kepper??

my DEF is Hodge, Goddard, Malsexi, heath Shaw, Goodwin, enright, maguire (hams, webberly)

and Pods as a keeper?

Does anybody have a problem with having Maguire as your D7 as a kepper??

and Pods as a keeper?

I don't...

Your team is good...reminds me of how many keepers I also have.

Anyway I would stop...I think Rioli will need upgrading at some stage (OP/Hawthorn's season over by round 15), as will your mid bench which has no JS, and maybe the backs bench, for same reason, and I reckon you want 4-5 left for injuries at the back end.

If you must trade, you really want it to be for a keeper at this stage as you can't afford to burn a trade and then have to burn another on the same place later. So for that reason I'd shy away from Sheppard and Davis. Ziebell to Davis is a fair enough upgrade if you have the cash.

Hmmm, thinking of one other option.

OUT: Medhurst, Ziebell
IN: Higgins/Franklin/Harvey/Goodes (who/why?), Watts/Hughes (again, who/why?

What do you think about that?

Not a bad idea... Would take Higgins out of that group... and then Watts did alright seeing he played on glass but still risky... And hughes has done alright too but job security not sure about

Risky trade with high reward if Watts/Hughes play consistantly and score well... But with 10 trades left may be a concern

Trades this week:

Want to go Silvagni > Webberly
And then I have 3 players I want to upgrade (These three will go in the next three weeks, just not sure on which order to ditch)

Hille, Martin, Ballantyne

Am thinking Hille > Cox this week as I have waited way to long to get this guy...

Trades this week:

Hille > Cox
Am seriously considering this trade too. If Hille copped weeks it was a lock...now not so sure seeing he got off. Might have one more look at the big fella.

Due to injury to gram and murphy have been forced into trading. Have worked out a combination of trades with two possible outcomes.

Goodes / Judd
Didak / Haynes

What are people's opinions on the better pair???

Goodes/Judd without a doubt. Judd was phenomenal yesterday, Goodes well i don't know but Judd > Hayes, Goodes = Didak imo.

Trades this week:

And then I have 3 players I want to upgrade (These three will go in the next three weeks, just not sure on which order to ditch)

Hille, Martin, Ballantyne

Am thinking Hille > Cox this week as I have waited way to long to get this guy...

Cox will probably only go up from this point so that'd be a good pick. There's a lot of premium midfielders so at any given point one'll be bottoming out. Your Ballantyne upgrade depends a lot on what you already have. It looks like the only real premium this year so far is Chapman (annoying, since I don't have him) but after that your guess is as good as mine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looking at upgrading Martin this week or next to a reasonably priced midfielder ($520k or under). Was eyeing off Harvey because of his cheapness and the MPP angle. That a good idea, or am I better off looking at other options?

No idea what do this week.. getting 2150+ most weeks but forwards are just killing me this year... zzz

Back: Hodge, Enright, Goddard, Goodwin, Waters, Kennelly, Maguire
Back Bench: Hunt, Silvagni

Mids: Ablett, Barlow, Cooney, Judd, Martin, Howlett
Mid Bench: Banner, Duncan

Rucks: Cox, Clark
Ruck Bench: Warnock, Trengrove

Forwards: Franklin, Chapman, Brown, O'Keefe, Pods, Sylvia, Rockliff
Forward Bench: Murphy, Gumbleton

I can make 2 trades this week any help would be great

Happy with the backline/rucks so wont be looking to bring in anyone in them 2 places. (70k Bank)

Lost on the bottom of page 8

But thinking

In: Gibbs, Sheppard
Out: Hunt, Martin

Thoughts?

I don't...

I like it. My preference would be Higgins for value or Harvey for quality (i.e. depends how much spare cash you have)...normally I would say no to rookies, but Watts/Hughes will probably play more games for the next 4-6 weeks given all melbourne's LTI forwards, and then they could be your last upgrade to do.

Looking at going.
Vince > Mitchell
Murphy > Goodes
That will complete my midfield for a while, while I fix up my forward line.

Lost on the bottom of page 8

But thinking

In: Gibbs, Sheppard
Out: Hunt, Martin

Thoughts?
I've noticed you've gone with Sheppard as your B9. An option would be going down to a Roberton/Webberley instead and banking the extra for another upgrade or going Monty or Swan instead of Gibbs.

Personally this is the way i would go. Gibbs just doesn't seem to have the same big point potential (i have him) as a Monty or Swan.

I'd of course check out Roberton and Webberley's JS but as a B9 with Sos as your reserve i think it's a risk you can take.

The other trade i would consider is bringing in Pav for maybe Murphy if you could make that work some how.

Looking at upgrading Martin this week or next to a reasonably priced midfielder ($520k or under). Was eyeing off Harvey because of his cheapness and the MPP angle. That a good idea, or am I better off looking at other options?
Just had a look and you have a lot of options - Marc Murphy, NDS, Sewell, Bartel, Hayes are all good options imo. I haven't really taken any notice of MPP but Harvey would be a legit choice as well.

EDIT: or Mitchell at 463k is great value

Here's where i'm at, thoughts? Only 10 trades left and 2 to be used in 2 weeks so effectively 8 :eek:

Waters, Schmidt (Nason, Silvagni)
Complete (Howlett, Shuey)
Hille (Lobbe)
Hall, Pods (Gumby, Hitchcock)

My plan is Nason/Silvagni to Webberely/Roberton this week.

Wait for Schmidt to mature and Heater to bottom out then bring him in then.

Or Hille->Cox :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back