Rounds 9 & 10 - Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Round 9 trades

9 trades left. Downed Martin to Armstrong. With Shuey other emergency, am playing with fire.

Went ballantyne to o'keefe. at 468k...will be as low as he goes.

Coming off a 69 and a 30, with a breakeven of 188, i feel you may be slightly off on that one :p.

Still, have faith he'll bounce back well.

I've only got 8 trades left, considering two more to finish off, but dunno wether it is a waste? Rok to goodes and gray to pav, is that a waste of 2 trades?

i have a really interesting decision to make and i have quite a lot of different options to work with...

11 trades left, 248k in the kitty.

option 1...don't trade

option 2...downgrade one of trengove / martin for armstrong, then upgrade either hille or nicnat for sandilands or cox

option 3...downgrade silvagni or nason, then upgrade waters to someone else, possibly carrazzo

option 4...upgrade hille to cox, upgrade waters to carrazzo, leaves me with little money to work with..

which option is best??

i have a really interesting decision to make and i have quite a lot of different options to work with...

11 trades left, 248k in the kitty.

option 1...don't trade

option 2...downgrade one of trengove / martin for armstrong, then upgrade either hille or nicnat for sandilands or cox

option 3...downgrade silvagni or nason, then upgrade waters to someone else, possibly carrazzo

option 4...upgrade hille to cox, upgrade waters to carrazzo, leaves me with little money to work with..

which option is best??

I'll probably be keeping Hille. He might get dumped for the finals as a "luxury" trade but his form is pretty good at the moment. Avg 90 odd over the last 3 weeks.

I'd keep one of Martin/Trengove if possible as bench cover because you know they'll probably both play every week. Trouble is, which one?

Coming off a 69 and a 30, with a breakeven of 188, i feel you may be slightly off on that one :p.

Still, have faith he'll bounce back well.

Oops missed looking at BE. Hopefully that will be offset by schmidt, nason and maguire having good ones.

Trengove > Mitchell?

he is well priced, but has been below his usual avg and is recovering from hamstring injuries.... with the poor form of the hawks I would look at adding more cash to trengove for a more solid premium.....

is anyone considering bringing in rohan for trengove? this would pocket me almost 200k and provide mpp with some of my forwards...... is he worth the extra coin compared to a 94 k middie?

is anyone considering bringing in rohan for trengove? this would pocket me almost 200k and provide mpp with some of my forwards...... is he worth the extra coin compared to a 94 k middie?

You're effectively paying $60k extra for a MPP that may help you avoid donuts later in the year. I wouldn't because I value the cash higher than that potential improvement.

However if you want another option and have about $100k spare, look at upgrading Trengove to Harvey. Cheap at the moment and also gives you the MPP angle.

Really frustrated with my inability to trade well. Looking for some "expert" advice on what to do with $232,000 considering I have 12 trades. I've been unlucky (Bower day before late withdrawal) and stupid (Sylvia??). So what are some suggestions;

Backs - Hodge, Goddard, Malceski, Gilbee, Harbrow, Waters, Nason (Bower, Silvagni)

Mids - Barlow, Dal Santo, Pendlebury, Cooney, Judd, Bastinac (Lucas, Shuey)

Rucks - Sandilands, NicNat, (Warnock, Lobbe)

Forwards a.k.a achilles heel - O'Keefe, Gia, Hall, Ballantyne, Franklin, Sylvia, Pods (Fyfe, Hitchcock)

Dont mind getting 50-60 from the B7 til Bower gets back. Maybe an downgrade on Nason or Silvagni to make some more $$$, thinking more about Harbrow.

Mids would love to get the bald guy from Geelong in for Lucas or Bastinac if everything else falls into place.

Forwards I'm lost. 110% got no idea what to do

he is well priced, but has been below his usual avg and is recovering from hamstring injuries.... with the poor form of the hawks I would look at adding more cash to trengove for a more solid premium.....

Not sure about his job security. So at that price it may pay to look for someone else.

He is my dilemma..

Have 14 trades ($110K) with ruck and fwd issues.

Backs: Hodge, Enright, Hurn, O'Brien, Kennelly, Malceski, Maguire
emerg: Nason, Davis
Mids; Ablett, Swan, Goddard, ROK, Barlow, Martin
emerg: Howlett, Shuey
Rucks: Naitinui, Clark (still injured)
emerg: Warnock, Lobbe
fwds: Brown, Didak, Pavlich, Goodes, Ballatyne, Pods, Tippett
emerg: rockcliff, Gumby

option 1: Nason->Webberley
Ballantyne (probably peaked now) -> franklin or S.Johnson

Option 2: Nason->Webberley
Clark -> Sandilands (using up alot of cash for one player)

Option 3: Nason->Webberley
Clark -> kreuzer

Option 4: Nason ->Webberley
Clark-> Cox

Although he is crap I have been able to use Tippett for Ruck with MPP for the time being. Clark probably another week away.

Leaning towards Buddy in Option 1 as it would leave me cash for a Gumby/Rockcliff -> Watts/Hughes downgrade and a martin->Montagna upgrade trade next week. Would then have 10 trades left to improve ruck and 7th fwd in the run home.

Any thoughts?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really frustrated with my inability to trade well. Looking for some "expert" advice on what to do with $232,000 considering I have 12 trades. I've been unlucky (Bower day before late withdrawal) and stupid (Sylvia??). So what are some suggestions;

Backs - Hodge, Goddard, Malceski, Gilbee, Harbrow, Waters, Nason (Bower, Silvagni)

Mids - Barlow, Dal Santo, Pendlebury, Cooney, Judd, Bastinac (Lucas, Shuey)

Rucks - Sandilands, NicNat, (Warnock, Lobbe)

Forwards a.k.a achilles heel - O'Keefe, Gia, Hall, Ballantyne, Franklin, Sylvia, Pods (Fyfe, Hitchcock)

Dont mind getting 50-60 from the B7 til Bower gets back. Maybe an downgrade on Nason or Silvagni to make some more $$$, thinking more about Harbrow.

Mids would love to get the bald guy from Geelong in for Lucas or Bastinac if everything else falls into place.

Forwards I'm lost. 110% got no idea what to do

i'm no "expert" but if you MUST have ablett a potential option is downgrading 2 of nason/silvani/harbrow to webberly and sheppard. this would possibly give you enough cash to upgrade one of your mids to him next week. having said that, you may be better off using the cash to upgrade 2 of your underperforming players to keepers.

i'm no "expert" but if you MUST have ablett a potential option is downgrading 2 of nason/silvani/harbrow to webberly and sheppard. this would possibly give you enough cash to upgrade one of your mids to him next week. having said that, you may be better off using the cash to upgrade 2 of your underperforming players to keepers.
Do you think getting Chapman into the forward line might be more of a priority. All 7 i have in there are a chance of scoring 100+ but are equally as likely to get below 50

Will be downgrading Warnock to Skipper and upgrading Trengrove to Dal Santo leaving my side almost complete, just need to upgrade a couple of forwards.

Hodge, Goddard, Malcski, Enright, Grimes, Hurn, Waters, (Webberly & Silvangi)

Ablett, Selwood, Judd, Gibbs, Dal Santo, Barlow (Martin & Howlett)

Sandilands, Kreuzer (Skipper & West)

Chapman, O'Keefe, Higgins, Franklin, Pods, Zieball, Mayne (Rockliffe & Fye).

Really want to bring in Joey this week. In order to fund the Trengrove > Montagna trade, i need to make about $200k, so unfortunately have to downgrade Martin. Would've much preferred to downgrade Silvagni or Bastinac, but they don't quite net me enough cash. Problem here though is that this now forces me to play Bastinac on-field (or this week's downgrade target, or Shuey when he's back). Also have Waite on the sidelines now, and injury concerns with J Brown.

Looking at getting rid of Martin this week but not sure who to get in for him, was thinking Hayes but Swan and Montagna are looking very tempting...

Hodge, Goddard, Enright, Shaw, Waters, Goose, Schmidt (Nason, Drummond)
Ablett, Judd, Selwood, Harvey, Barlow, Matrin (Shuey, JKT)
Sandilands, Cox (Warnock, Lobbe)
Pavlich, Brown, ROK, Franklin, Roughead, PODS, Fyfe (Rockliff, Hughes)

I was thinking Drummo to Sheppard/Webberley then Martin to Hayes/Swan/Montagna

If I go Drummo to Webb then Martin to Hayes I should have enough to do Rockliff to Goodes the following week so I can put Fyfe back to the bench.. any thoughts on which way I should go? Cheers

my forward line is the main issue in my team l most likely will trade spud propliza for ROK his price is juicy..also l am toying with the idea of trading warnock for skipper and up grading gram to judd..

And his price will get even better if you wait a couple of weeks

Getting rid of Martin this week and have 524.3 to spend. Trying to decide between Marc Murphy, Nick Dal Santo and Lenny Hayes.

Think it's too late to bring Pods into the side? I'm running low on trades (12 left).

My thoughts are to bring him in to be F7 at a reasonable price still.

Think it's too late to bring Pods into the side? I'm running low on trades (12 left).

My thoughts are to bring him in to be F7 at a reasonable price still.

Im thinking the same thing. Really want to bring him in. Scoring so well and Geelong dont look like slowing down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back