Rounds 9 & 10 - Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Round 9 trades

Need help want to upgrade a forward got some options which include pavlich just or someone like ROK, gia, grundy, didak around that range any help.....?

If you can go Pavlich do. He is killing it this year. Pretty expensive though.

Second i would go Didak. Pretty consistent above or around 100 mark.

I'll look to bring in Murphy or Montagna to fill my midfield with premiums next week.

MID: Ablett, Judd, Selwood, Dal Santo, Barlow, Martin* (Howlett, JKT)

Both teams have easy runs but here's a break-down of pros/cons.

MURPHY:
PROS: Will be under $500k and is very cheap for a 107 average, apart from last two weeks is very consistent plus I'm a Carlton supporter.
CONS: Doesn't hit the big scores all too often and has suffered from Carlton's spread of disposal winners against big sides.

MONTAGNA:
PROS: Average of 113, big game player, cheap as you can get with an excellent run home including finals against Port, North, Richmond & Adelaide.
CONS: 50K dearer that could be spend to get another premium and hard to say but with Saints struggling may lose some points.

In the overall scheme of things Murphy seems a better pick but if both players maintain their average, it equates to about an extra 84pts overall by the end of R22. Without the past two games Murphy's average would be higher than Montagna at 115.6. Does anyone have any stats on contested possessions? Thoughts?

I'm looking to upgrade one of my defenders this week and the ones i'm looking at are

Bock - Looks pretty good value, but injuries could be a worry

Goodwin - As above, plus the Crows playing crap factor

Grimes - Class act and i reckon he'll keep pumping out decent scores

Lake - Can he continue to get big scores

I've already got Hodge-Goddard-Enright-Hurn-Eski as premiums

Not interested in Shaw or Gilbee

Thoughts??

I'm looking to upgrade one of my defenders this week and the ones i'm looking at are

Thoughts??
Jordan Russell (512k) or Andrew Carrazzo (452k) would be a good for a bit of unique factor.

Russell has averaged 120.75 over the last 4 weeks and Carrazzo's lowest scores are 71 & 80 with an average of 98.

Jordan Russell (512k) or Andrew Carrazzo (452k) would be a good for a bit of unique factor.

Russell has averaged 120.75 over the last 4 weeks and Carrazzo's lowest scores are 71 & 80 with an average of 98.

Russell's an interesting one, he's only been able to crack 1 ton in the past 2 years obviously his role has changed

I'll look to bring in Murphy or Montagna to fill my midfield with premiums next week.

MURPHY:
PROS: Will be under $500k and is very cheap for a 107 average, apart from last two weeks is very consistent plus I'm a Carlton supporter.
CONS: Doesn't hit the big scores all too often and has suffered from Carlton's spread of disposal winners against big sides.

MONTAGNA:
PROS: Average of 113, big game player, cheap as you can get with an excellent run home including finals against Port, North, Richmond & Adelaide.
CONS: 50K dearer that could be spend to get another premium and hard to say but with Saints struggling may lose some points.

In the overall scheme of things Murphy seems a better pick but if both players maintain their average, it equates to about an extra 84pts overall by the end of R22. Without the past two games Murphy's average would be higher than Montagna at 115.6. Does anyone have any stats on contested possessions? Thoughts?

Montagna I think still has a high BE. May pay to wait until next week.

Trading out Ballantyne this week...who for?

Franklin, Boomer, Higgins or S.Johnson????

Already have Brown, Pav, Didak, Goodes, ROK

Help please!:eek:

MURPHY:

MONTAGNA:

If you can hold out, Montagna needs 156 for break even and could drop in price further. 156 is not impossible for him though, so take that into account.

This week, I'm trading out Waters or Kennelly to Goddard; with some easy opponents coming up for the Saints, I expect Goddard to score well, and this will probs be the cheapest he will be.

I cannot choose between getting rid of Waters or Kennelly though; Kennelly seems more likely to consistently get 85 each week, but then again is 50,000 more expensive than Waters, and that extra cash could come into good use when upgrading a forward later on.

So, should i trade out Kennelly or Waters???

If you can hold out, Montagna needs 156 for break even and could drop in price further. 156 is not impossible for him though, so take that into account.
Yep, holding off until next week obviously as they both have high break-evens. Question is who is the better player with the better value? I guess Montagna is ranked 8th for a reason but is 50k worth about 6-10ppg?

Russell's an interesting one, he's only been able to crack 1 ton in the past 2 years obviously his role has changed

I asked this on the Carlton board (I wanted to get him in at around $400k but had bigger issues that needed addressing unfortunately) and their response was that it hadn't but he's just having a break-out year. Think Clark's rucking last year as an example.

Thoughts??

I think Lake would be a good option considering not many people have him. Our defence has really stepped up this year and I don't see why he cant hit big scores.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

might go gram > shepperd this week. leaving maguire as D7 and shepperd and webberley on my bench. Then going Dunan > Didak or Goodes, leaving Ballantyne as my F7. I'm also really tempted to straight swap Ballantyne for Pods.

I was looking over Didak's recent games against Geelong and they have been very poor where as Goodes has been hitting 100+ against freo. additionally with no broughton and mcpharlin, goodes can really dominate up forward. Not to mention its at the SCG. However with a b/e of 124 he could certainly still drop a few.

This week, I'm trading out Waters or Kennelly to Goddard; with some easy opponents coming up for the Saints, I expect Goddard to score well, and this will probs be the cheapest he will be.

I cannot choose between getting rid of Waters or Kennelly though; Kennelly seems more likely to consistently get 85 each week, but then again is 50,000 more expensive than Waters, and that extra cash could come into good use when upgrading a forward later on.

So, should i trade out Kennelly or Waters???

I'm facing exactly the same question, though as a downgrade..

I had almost convinced myself to go Waters at this stage, as he seems to have maxed out a bit with a 79 B.E. after a couple of poorer weeks, while Kennely has a B.E. of 66, or around 20 below his average. I think Waters may struggle to keep rising in price with his seemingly adapted role, and as I can afford my upgrade from Gumbleton to Chapman this week I figure the Kennelly money might be more useful later on.

Be interested to hear any other thoughts though?!

Rockliff/ Gumbleton > 100k or cheaper (Any ideas, Armstrong from Adelaide?)

Murphy > Boomer

Yes or no?

No need to waste trades this week (finally!!) so I'm just going the Waters OUT & Webberly (or Sheppard!?!) IN trade.... just which one should I be looking at. Sheppard is a bit more but should be able to score a higher avg than Webberly. Then saying that what about JS?? Any thoughts guys?

Rockliff/ Gumbleton > 100k or cheaper (Any ideas, Armstrong from Adelaide?)

Murphy > Boomer

Yes or no?

Don't know about Armstrong in terms of JS... but they do have 3 ppl suspended I guess. What about Rohan (MPP) or Stack? Or (my fav) Hughes??

If I had Murph I'd probably be doing the same trade as that. Reckon Boomer mite have a good last half a season myself.

I'm facing exactly the same question, though as a downgrade..

I had almost convinced myself to go Waters at this stage, as he seems to have maxed out a bit with a 79 B.E. after a couple of poorer weeks, while Kennely has a B.E. of 66, or around 20 below his average. I think Waters may struggle to keep rising in price with his seemingly adapted role, and as I can afford my upgrade from Gumbleton to Chapman this week I figure the Kennelly money might be more useful later on.

Be interested to hear any other thoughts though?!
I may be slightly bias but I think Kennelly has a better chance at hitting his avg more often and going up in price for use later on in the year than Waters. Thus you get the benefit of more money & points (in the long run). Seems like a pretty easy choice myself. I'm going OUT Waters. ;)

Yep, holding off until next week obviously as they both have high break-evens. Question is who is the better player with the better value? I guess Montagna is ranked 8th for a reason but is 50k worth about 6-10ppg?

I think as you've mentioned before, Montagna has a better chance of getting one of those 140+ scores than Murphy.

I asked this on the Carlton board (I wanted to get him in at around $400k but had bigger issues that needed addressing unfortunately) and their response was that it hadn't but he's just having a break-out year. Think Clark's rucking last year as an example.

He's also stepped it up with Andrew Walker out of the team.

My Forward line is Pav, Brown, Higgins, Buddy, Hall, Rioli, Fyfe (Gumby, Hitchcock)

I am thinking of trading in PODS this week, should i straight swap rioli or hall for him? or is now the time to get rid of Fyfe?

Please help

My Forward line is Pav, Brown, Higgins, Buddy, Hall, Rioli, Fyfe (Gumby, Hitchcock)

I am thinking of trading in PODS this week, should i straight swap rioli or hall for him? or is now the time to get rid of Fyfe?

Please help

I would keep Hall. Our next two games are against North and Essendon, so there is a chance he will score big again.

I've got to trade out Gram this week. Up against a mate and need a good win. When trading out Gram ive got $506000. Who would trade Gram for?

Getting rid of Bob Murphy after his injury, got 502k to spend,
im leaning towards Boomer or Waite.
so far my forwards are Pav, Brown, ROK, Buddy, Cyril, Pods, Murph with Gumby and Rocliffe on the pine.
I tend to think waite might have got a fair bit of form back and ive heard that boomer is set to have i big second 1/2,
Thoughts? Who should i get?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back