Royal Eagles Draft Wants

Remove this Banner Ad

I know **** all about those in the draft, just have read a few mocks. But just echoing the sentiments that we've got to get a couple of pure mids with our first two picks, or potentially a mid/fwd or mid/defender if they are clearly best available with our second pick. As others have probably said, one speedster, and one beast would be a good combo.

Taylor sounds promising, although with the lack of size in our midfield currently you'd think we'd only take him if he somehow slipped to our second pick, which apparently he won't.

A lot comes down to best available, but would this be a reasonable guess at the types we may need/get?

1 - mid
2 - mid
3 - crumber
4 - mid

R1 - mid/defender
R2 - project/back-up KPD

I wouldn't be against using lycett to try get GWS pick 10 (compo) then pick up Toby nankervis with our 3rd rounder . We will have Sinclair as back up and Toby developing . I think Toby could be a very good ruck ! And we can hopefully pick up another very good mid with pick 10

I wouldn't be against using lycett to try get GWS pick 10 (compo) then pick up Toby nankervis with our 3rd rounder . We will have Sinclair as back up and Toby developing . I think Toby could be a very good ruck ! And we can hopefully pick up another very good mid with pick 10

I honestly don't think we'd get pick 10 for him, however i have been surprised in the past. I also don't really rate any of this years ruck prospects all that highly and with cox on the way out we really need 3 genuine ruckmen on the list.

I honestly don't think we'd get pick 10 for him, however i have been surprised in the past. I also don't really rate any of this years ruck prospects all that highly and with cox on the way out we really need 3 genuine ruckmen on the list.
Lycett wouldn't get it alone but lycett and a pick . Then make a big play for paddy Ryder next year when he is out of contract !

I know **** all about those in the draft, just have read a few mocks. But just echoing the sentiments that we've got to get a couple of pure mids with our first two picks, or potentially a mid/fwd or mid/defender if they are clearly best available with our second pick. As others have probably said, one speedster, and one beast would be a good combo.

Taylor sounds promising, although with the lack of size in our midfield currently you'd think we'd only take him if he somehow slipped to our second pick, which apparently he won't.

A lot comes down to best available, but would this be a reasonable guess at the types we may need/get?

1 - mid
2 - mid
3 - crumber
4 - mid

R1 - mid/defender
R2 - project/back-up KPD

Pretty much this for me too, mids all the way

We seem to lack crumbing type forwards as well as speedy midfielders. Do people think that we might look for a crumber in this draft; if so who might be a good choice (assuming that we go for a midfielder with our first pick) ?
Spot on have a look ay geelong, freo, Collingwood all have at least 3 of this type of player and murder us all the time.

Murray newman was suppose to fill a roll like this - lets hope he can stay with the club and reach his potential

I have on very very good authority GWS couldn't hand over pick ten quick enough for Lycett, if WCE put him on the table.
Recruiters are very aware of the ruck situation out there, and the lack of quality available.
Nankervis is a poor footballer and would use a 4th rounder on him at best.
Honestly Darcy Cameron is the only decent ruckman available this year and next year, Ruck stocks are the worst they have been for a long time.

Temptation of potentially drafting two top prospect midfielders if we could pull the trigger on that Lycett deal.

Could potentially draft Kelly and Sheed, or Bontepelli amongst all the other midfield talent. We get this right and we could be on our way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Too much potential in Lycett to trade IMO. We have put a lot of development into him. If he went it would mean all that development would have to start over again. But in saying that, Pick 10 would be pretty freakin sweet.

First rounder should be Nathan Freeman or Dom Sheed
Second rounder should be Blake Acres or Dayle Garlett or Dwayne Wilson
Third rounder should be Will Maginness or Willie Rioli jnr or Tom Cutler
Forth rounder should be a raw mid

I think Wilson will go before our second pick.

Wouldn't touch Garlett in the second round. Plenty of disciplined talents.

Willie Rioli is a rookie prospect.

"Blayne Wilson kicks it to Dwayne Wilson"

We have the potential to melt a few commentator heads next season

Lycett shouldn't really be on the trade table unless we get something amazing back. Cox has one more year left, and Lycett has shown real flashes of talent this season after getting an extended run. Having a locked in ruck combo for the net 10 years is essential.

Article today in Vic papers indicating port Adelaide coach, psychologist, recruiting manager stayed behind in WA to see garlett. They came to pick him up for interview and was told he was not well and could not see him. Phil smart offered to drive garlett to a later meeting however officials returned to Adelaide. . Garletts agent said he was unwell and did not want to comment further.

Article today in Vic papers indicating port Adelaide coach, psychologist, recruiting manager stayed behind in WA to see garlett. They came to pick him up for interview and was told he was not well and could not see him. Phil smart offered to drive garlett to a later meeting however officials returned to Adelaide. . Garletts agent said he was unwell and did not want to comment further.

Operation hide Garlett in action!

I have on very very good authority GWS couldn't hand over pick ten quick enough for Lycett, if WCE put him on the table.
Recruiters are very aware of the ruck situation out there, and the lack of quality available.
Nankervis is a poor footballer and would use a 4th rounder on him at best.
Honestly Darcy Cameron is the only decent ruckman available this year and next year, Ruck stocks are the worst they have been for a long time.
I've been against trading Lycett, but if you have a look at teams that have won flags over recent years a strong midfield is much more important.

Why couldn't NicNat be our main ruck and Kennedy play the Roughhead role? Having 2 gun ruckman has been nice, but most of the time it just means that the opposition roves to them anyway. Geelong haven't got any rucks of note but are close to flag favourites. Hawks have Hale... enough said.

If NN goes down, although we'd be limited in our replacements, Sinclair will do, or could get a second / third tier ruck from another club through free agency or something.

Getting another pick in the top 10 this year might not be a bad idea even if it does leave us thin in the ruck stocks.

There was an article the other day talking about ruck stocks. More players from overseas are being tested than ever before around the 6'6 range looking to America as we have to many Hams in this country! Ruck Stocks low. Sinclair or Lycett are tradeable options for midfielders. Like them both but a midfielder is higher currency for us at the minute.

Remove this Banner Ad

Royal Eagles Draft Wants

Remove this Banner Ad

Back