Rugby League..History and tradition etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by Smokin

No - its for:

AFL fans;
or people with no lives who come here to post exclusively on their own bastard-child game.

Obviously insecure.

I think you are the only one who is insecure around here.
Why the need to start knocking another code on a board that you say is supposed to be for AFL?
That comes across as a sign of insecurity to me.

Originally posted by The Executioner

I think you are the only one who is insecure around here.
Why the need to start knocking another code on a board that you say is supposed to be for AFL?
That comes across as a sign of insecurity to me.

I post on numerous different issues here.

This topic is simply one of many - have a look, I have posted nearly 800 times, and how many do you think are on this topic? 15? 20?

Of your handfull - you ONLY post on this issue.

You are insecure - you simply signed up your little name to post on this issue. You obviously have no life.

Now go find a bastard-child board. (if there is one).

Originally posted by Smokin

I post on numerous different issues here.

Yay for you

This topic is simply one of many - have a look, I have posted nearly 800 times, and how many do you think are on this topic? 15? 20?

Really?I hadn't noticed :rolleyes:

Of your handfull - you ONLY post on this issue.

Not true

You are insecure - you simply signed up your little name to post on this issue. You obviously have no life.

Do you keep saying this to make yourself feel better??
I hope it's working.

Now go find a bastard-child board. (if there is one).

Are all these derogatory comments made to try and help boost your ego or are you just trying to impress your fellow forum members?

Ms Storm,

You seem to be so full of anger , calm down luv its only words .

Seriously though you really dont have many nice things to say about footy and after all this is a aussie rules site so i suggest you return to the rugby league to post at your leisure, although i have had a look at the site and you guys either dont say much or cant say much---------i wonder.

Oh one more thing i figured out with your attitude that you must be a demons supporter--------------am i right.

Originally posted by fabulousphil
Ms Storm,

You seem to be so full of anger , calm down luv its only words .

Seriously though you really dont have many nice things to say about footy and after all this is a aussie rules site so i suggest you return to the rugby league to post at your leisure, although i have had a look at the site and you guys either dont say much or cant say much---------i wonder.

Oh one more thing i figured out with your attitude that you must be a demons supporter--------------am i right.

Phil,when there's people spreading utter rubbish about Rugby League on the AFL section of your boards it's quite understandable that Ms.Storm and others will get a bit cheesed off.
If AFL people don't want League discussed tell your fellow forum members not to bring it up unless they do it on the appropriate section.

My god you lot are a bunch of twats.

Rugby Union differs from Rugby League. So please stop calling it Thugby. This means you are referring to Rugby Union and not League.

Rugby Union is an international sport where AFL isn't. Simple as that. No argument.

Sydney people have better things do to than talk footy 24 - 7 where's Melbourne ppl seem to lead stagnant and boring lives.

Both codes are great but AFL can produce boring pathetic games.. I.E Saturdays games between the swans and the saints.

A lot of you AFL folk have no right to criticise the code you don't understand. Got it?

Have we forgotten that in the 50's and 60's when St George won 11 consecutive titles, which no afl club has ever done, the crowds where in excess of 70,000. Heck the 1981 GF between Newtown and Parramatta drew 58,000 people and the ground was packed to the rafters. Heck there were people sitting on the roofs!

I remember GF day no body driving around at all..especially those halcyon days that the eels would feature in the GF.

I would like to See Melbourne without the MCG and only small grounds as most Sydney grounds were and still are.

Luckily Sydney people don't pay over the top to go watch sport and rather take out a subscription to foxtel.

Makes me ask the question..apart from AFL what else is there to do in Victoria?

Yeh,

Lets just grow up a bit. To be honest, given the coverage that AFL gets in Syd compared to NRL in Melb, id say that people in Sydney know a lot more about AFL than Melb people know about NRL (on average). So lets steer away from the 'uneducated' comments...

And by the way, my crowd figures were 'rough'. They were approx numbers, give or take a couple of hundred.

Cheers,
Moffo.

The fact is, in the so-called "Sports Capital", if it's not gayFL, then it's not considered to be a sport by Victorians. I can't believe some people, who continually write off rugby league with stupid insults, i.e. Rugby league is gay, etc, etc, etc, etc. Up until the end of 1999, I followed both codes, but the amount of flak I copped from my gayFL friends for following the NRL was unbearable, so I cut all my ties with gayFL. I could accept AFL's presence, no matter how boring or unskillful it was, as long as they were accepting of the fact, that gayFL is not the only sport around.

Originally posted by Latrobe
The fact is, in the so-called "Sports Capital", if it's not gayFL...

I can't believe some people, who continually write off rugby league with stupid insults, i.e. Rugby league is gay,
This chap is fast cornering the market in gross stupidity!

Just had a geez at that rugby site which caused all the rugby fans to come here.

I gawked at a NRL attendance thread, and what do I find to my absolute shock and amazement?

THEY GIVE AWAY TICKETS TO RUGBY GAMES!!!!

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :p

Absolute Gold!

Apparently at one game 12 thousand rocked up - youd think, gee thats not bad for Rugby.

Then the real figure is that only 4,000 paid!

The rest were freebies! Apparently they do this at games which they think will pull a pathetic crowd - which must be most.

This is the funniest thing Ive jimmy Hird in a long time!

A so called professional sport has to give away tickets so it looks like there is a crowd there!!!

What next - gonna access the Rent-a-Crowd the NSL uses? Pay em $10 a head - you can get anywhere from 500 to 5000 people to watch anything! Yes anything - Even rugby!

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Not only do they get pi$$ poor crowds - they need to give away tickets to get people to come!

ah - classic. Absolute classic!

How can you take that rubbish league seriously???

How??????????????

Smokin,why would you go to a Rugby site to find out about League??
Now they DID NOT give away 8,000 tickets and you DID NOT read that anywhere.
I read on one League site SOME fans got free tickets to the hill.Note it was only SOME and it was NOT 8,000.
You poor misguided individual why don't you stick to talking about things you have some idea about like Boxing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by The Executioner
Smokin,why would you go to a Rugby site to find out about League??
Now they DID NOT give away 8,000 tickets and you DID NOT read that anywhere.
I read on one League site SOME fans got free tickets to the hill.Note it was only SOME and it was NOT 8,000.
You poor misguided individual why don't you stick to talking about things you have some idea about like Boxing.

I read that at the site which Rocket Rudi posted a few posts above. Went there to see why there was a sudden influx here.

Some guy there posted 4,000 paid, and at NRL.com.au the official attendence was 4 thousand something or other.

Ah Boxing.....your handle isnt after Hopkins is it?

Yes it has got to to with Bernard Hopkins.

Now the site I think your talking about(WORL)has a thread on the crowd figure but you have taken one post and presumed it was gospel and that 8,000 got in free.
They were only Hill tickets NOT stand tickets and the stands were reasonably full.How many tickets were used is anyones guess but you would be lucky if it was 1,000.

The fact is, in the so-called "Sports Capital", if it's not gayFL, then it's not considered to be a sport by Victorians.

I can't believe some people, who continually write off rugby league with stupid insults, i.e. Rugby league is gay, etc, etc, etc, etc.

I thought I'd highlight this again Ripper. :)

How did you know I was a fight fan? :confused:

I see your following in your heros footsteps - talkin $hit!

:p :p :D :D

I actually dont mind him - but can he talk!

Whats he doing these days anyway? Has he had a fight announced? Ive gone blank! Between 154 and 175 - as long as he stays away from RJ he'll be right.

Montell was unlucky.....

..........he signed the second contract!

RJ was in Sydney last week - dunno if he still is. Was at the fights at Leichardt (fenech).

Yea, best Fenech show Ive seen.

Swan had a real go - Is St.Clair overrated?
Haumano dead set struggled - Izon woulda stopped him last week. Chin is a huge ??? youd have to say after that.
Green OK - but seemed to have his hands full with journeyman Smallman.

what is it with you rugby players and chins?? :p :p

Havnt see the Corrales fight - he went the distance so I can only assume he can take a shot.

Mayweather made Chico look horrible - but ya just dont know how much weight he had to strip.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rugby League..History and tradition etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back