Player Watch Rupert Wills (Delisted 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

I’d be tempted to keep Rupert and put Bear on the trade table. He has some currency and maybe we can jag a highish pick from one of the struggling clubs.

If you can't see the importance of Wills' role in the side you're just not looking hard enough. Players like him are vital. Perfect for finals. The Rupe, the Rupe, the Rupe is on fire!!

If you can't see the importance of Wills' role in the side you're just not looking hard enough. Players like him are vital. Perfect for finals. The Rupe, the Rupe, the Rupe is on fire!!
Several people on these pages are blinded by stats and others by who they 'like' and 'dislike'.

Never change big footy, never change . . FKIN LOL.

Several people on these pages are blinded by stats and others by who they 'like' and 'dislike'.

Never change big footy, never change . . FKIN LOL.
Understandable for people to be blinded by fire. Rupe is running hot baby!!

LOL no. You do realize who we played, and you do realize how many times he has impersonated a potato irl. Actually I guess you don't. Ignorance is bliss I guess...
Looking forward to the Rupester playing in his first final. You want fries with that ya spud?

I don't pretend to have much if any knowledge of American football (so forgive me if my terminology is wrong) but in some way I can't help but feel the demented wombat is filling a similar role to that of a defensive lineman or linebacker in slowing up the opposition by sticking tackles or using his large frame to create time and space for our more polished midfielders to win clean possession.

He might be limited, with a ceiling not as high as a Sier but you can almost guarantee what you are going to get from him contest after contest in every game he plays.

Glad he's been retained and given this opportunity in a final.

The rest is now up to him.

Finally somebody gets it . . .

PRESSURE and intimidation are the name of the game come finals time and young Rupert is head and shoulders above the next best Magpie.

Finally somebody gets it . . .

PRESSURE and intimidation are the name of the game come finals time and young Rupert is head and shoulders above the next best Magpie.
He isn’t the prettiest of players, but you certainly cannot deny the impact he is having on our team right now. Unless you are legally blind of course

He isn’t the prettiest of players, but you certainly cannot deny the impact he is having on our team right now. Unless you are legally blind of course
Definitely an ugly player with an ugly game but oh so effective.

One thing I noticed about his tackling from that clip is that as soon as he latches on he just lets his weight drop straight down, letting gravity do most of the work and incidentally obviating the 'in the back' call.

A very good technique.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Definitely an ugly player with an ugly game but oh so effective.

One thing I noticed about his tackling from that clip is that as soon as he latches on he just lets his weight drop straight down, letting gravity do most of the work and incidentally obviating the 'in the back' call.

A very good technique.
Really drives them down using all his weight. Tackles to hurt

Really drives them down using all his weight. Tackles to hurt
Hell yes I noticed in some of the VFL footage of his opponents getting antsy at his attentions - should be more of it. The game is becoming as soft as butter on a summer day.

There's no place in the game for sniping bastards lining up an unsuspecting player behind the play but without the genuine physical clashes you lose a lot of the contests and it becomes a game of touch football.

Nice to see some data that backs up what should be apparent to people who actually watch football rather than those obsessed with pretty marks, kicks and goals. Rupert is the PILEDRIVER baby!

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Rupert Wills (Delisted 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back