Current Trial Russell Hill & Carol Clay Pt 2 *Pilot Greg Lynn Guilty for the Murder of Carol Clay

When will the jury have delivered their decisions of guilty or not guilty on both?

• 1st day

Votes: 4 6.0%
  • 2nd day

Votes: 16 23.9%
  • Between day 3 and 5

Votes: 21 31.3%
  • Over 1 week

Votes: 5 7.5%
  • Hung on one or both timeframe unknown

Votes: 21 31.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Here is PART 1 Russell Hill & Carol Clay - Wonnangatta *Pilot Greg Lynn Pleads Not Guilty to Murder

DPP v Lynn [2024] VSCA 62 (12 April 2024) INTERLOCUTORY APPEAL

R v Lynn (Rulings 1-4) [2024] VSC 373 (28 June 2024)

R v Lynn (Rulings 5 & 6) [2024] VSC 375 (28 February 2024)

R v Lynn (Ruling 7) [2024] VSC 376 (8 May 2024)

The Greg Lynn Police Interview Tapes (Shortened Version)

The 3.5 HR Police Interview

THREADS FOR THE HIGH COUNTRY DISAPPEARED
High Country Disappearance of Prison Boss David Prideaux
The Disappearance of Warren Meyer

2008 - Warren Meyer (23 March 2008) not found
2010 - Japp and Annie Viergever (29 March 2010) both shot & 3 dogs, house burnt.
2011 - David Prideaux (5 June 2011) not found
2017 - Kevin Tenant (17 February 2018) shot 3 times, played dead.
2019 - Conrad Whitlock (29 July 2019) not found
2019 - Niels Becker (24 October 2019) not found
2020 - Russell Hill and Carol Clay (20 March 2020) murdered

Lynn's first wife Lisa, was found dead on 26 October 1999.

Last edited:
That pic they always show of Lynn's face, obviously in all his gear reeks of a different persona. Lynn must hate that photo, creepy!
Interesting that most people find him creepy looking. One of the witnesses described an encounter with a man who made him feel uneasy. It wasn't confirmed as Lynn but would have been given he was the only individual camping alone. The weed sprayers who met Lynn asked him to stand back to 10m stating he looked crook and might of had Covid. I wonder if Lynn was sick at the time? Or was he simply unhealthy?

Interesting that most people find him creepy looking. One of the witnesses described an encounter with a man who made him feel uneasy. It wasn't confirmed as Lynn but would have been given he was the only individual camping alone. The weed sprayers who met Lynn asked him to stand back to 10m stating he looked crook and might of had Covid. I wonder if Lynn was sick at the time? Or was he simply unhealthy?
When i see that photo my brain autocompletes the pic so his t shirt is seen as his arms being fully tattooed - just to make him look more scary.
(No offence to those with tatts)

Yes. For murder has to be 12. Other cases can have majority of 11.
Think it's too early to consider a hung jury. Given it was a 5 week trial I reckon end of week at earliest for a verdict considering the material they'd have to go through.
Than form a judgement than debate.
Also to.spite the obvious there are no new rules for a retrial. Can change tactics completely
There’s no material. You either believe him or you don’t.

Off they go the jurors to begin deliberating. What I just found out this morning is that it only takes one juror to disagree and we have a hung jury. I didn't realize that 1 was all that's needed. I would hope there is at least one individual that thinks he is guilty? Retrial surely gives the Pros a chance to do a better job. Thoughts.?
Are they back yet? 🤔

Are they back yet? 🤔
Babysitting John Wayne GIF by GritTV

(Log in to remove this ad.)

HS reported they have asked for ballistics evidence..
could be a win for Greg here?

If that’s right ballistics evidence is related to CC.

I get what you’re saying, wasn’t the best day for the prosecution with DDs cross examination. However, not a bad sign they’re asking these questions.

So what’s that. Two full days of deliberation? They knocked off early Friday didn’t they?

It’s good they’re asking questions. Tells me they’re taking it very seriously.
One news outlet reported they started today? But HS saying tomorrow is the 3rd day. What hope do we have..?

The jury in the trial of accused high country killer Greg Lynn has asked to see recordings of key testimony as deliberations stretch into a third day.

I think he's gone more a compact lightweight route rather than a "scout" setup which I associate with forward mounted optics and backup irons.
Short barrel and low mag optics for close fast target acquisition - probably related to his interests in western action.

Short 16" barrel and a muzzle brake though, you would have definitely want to be wearing hearing protection with that thing,

Edit:
It would make a "nice" poachers rifle fitted with a suppressor and subsonic hand loads... just saying...

Haven’t seen anything about him hand loading. If I recall correctly they found a suppressor in his gear when they searched his home.

Muzzle break seems OTT for this rig. It’s not like he’s shooting more than a couple hundred meters max.

I’m a details person and can certainly remember music playing at certain events, even parties, restaurants etc so would definitely remember the soundtrack to such a pivotal evening.

Perhaps others are not so much into music or recall details about such things?

Do others have thoughts on what could be obscure musings?
I'm with you....music for me is like scents: powerful and memory evoking. If I witnessed 2 people die, the details of what I saw, smelt and heard around me at the time would be etched in my brain. There's been a bit of discussion on how GL was extremely detailed in his account of who was here, the exact placement of his hands, the details of the clean up afterwards to remove evidence, yet there is such a vague account of other details that you would expect someone to recall in such circumstances. I like the way that InagoRaida put it...he recounted in a detached manner and as if he hadn't the lived experience of it. Can only hope the jury picked up on that too.
Seen some people in the same gear trout fishing.

The guy is a joke with his set up and camo. Surprised there’s no photos of him with the Rambo head band. All the gear, no idea.
This picture would suggest he also fished. Also would suggest he doesn't know a lot about radio comms in the HC...that looks to be a 9db aerial that is more suited to touring than mountains.

1718698802109.png

I'm with you....music for me is like scents: powerful and memory evoking. If I witnessed 2 people die, the details of what I saw, smelt and heard around me at the time would be etched in my brain. There's been a bit of discussion on how GL was extremely detailed in his account of who was here, the exact placement of his hands, the details of the clean up afterwards to remove evidence, yet there is such a vague account of other details that you would expect someone to recall in such circumstances. I like the way that InagoRaida put it...he recounted in a detached manner and as if he hadn't the lived experience of it. Can only hope the jury picked up on that too.

This picture would suggest he also fished. Also would suggest he doesn't know a lot about radio comms in the HC...that looks to be a 9db aerial that is more suited to touring than mountains.

View attachment 2023438

Where’s that photo from?

View attachment 2023438

The poly pipe could be a shower

View attachment 2023438
After 18 months the music/album he claims he was playing, if true, would of become a nightmare for him. Anytime he heard that album, song etc he would relive that moment. When he went back to burn the bodies he would have images set within his memory he's never going to forget. He would have images of their remains as he lit the fire and then coldly spent the night until morning to ensure there was nothing left. Even if he used Kero etc he would have had to keep piling the wood on for it to burn for hours. That's the work of one detached man and if he's that detached I wonder did it really effect him?

Remove this Banner Ad

Current Trial Russell Hill & Carol Clay Pt 2 *Pilot Greg Lynn Guilty for the Murder of Carol Clay

Back