Current Trial Russell Hill & Carol Clay Pt 2 *Pilot Greg Lynn Guilty for the Murder of Carol Clay

When will the jury have delivered their decisions of guilty or not guilty on both?

• 1st day

Votes: 4 6.0%
  • 2nd day

Votes: 16 23.9%
  • Between day 3 and 5

Votes: 21 31.3%
  • Over 1 week

Votes: 5 7.5%
  • Hung on one or both timeframe unknown

Votes: 21 31.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

This from your earlier post.

"Let's see if the cops turn up. If they do, we know they can put a tracker on it."
"F***ing white people. That's all it is. Who can we annoy now? Who can we annoy?"
"Who decides what's right and what's wrong? That's the thing, judgment, judge does, the law does, the community does."
"Ballistics, you'd think they would want samples of my ammo…"

He's amoral. self centered and lacking conscience. It's very telling. The below also leads me to thinking, he was spying on them.

"They're sitting on a beach in f***ing Queensland. Nudist Beach. Butt naked. Playing on his f***ing drone. Running up and down the beach. Taking pictures of the young people. Who's got the biggest dick?"
While cackling like a hyena. Really .... the judge did really say she was cackling like a hyena.

"Mrs Lynn joked about Mr Lynn having to hide things, how Mrs Clay did not like camping, and how she got 'donked' on her head after someone got mad with her," the judge wrote.
It just got uber wacky. Did he go through their stuff and look at images after death?

Did he watch video from Hills phone?
That had been captured by the Drone at sometime. Seems like he might have watched on hill’s phone. And talking about size of appendages, maybe Lynn was captured on the Drone with his old Willy out and about. Who knows. But I still reckon it was unfettered explosive rage,
red mist, drone rage, caused by a relatively minor incident. And the elderly campers lit the fuse.

Or perhaps he had a hatred of senior aged people ? Nowhere near the score of Dr Harold Shipman but the same category.

Lynns house was possessed by Police and if found guilty compensation from the sale of the house would be given to the families of Clay and Hill. That's what was stated earlier. Is this what you mean Kurve?

Do we know if it's a fact that the police restrained the family home? I didn't think they could do that, we had this discussion in here about a week ago.

The rantings are more weird than anything.
Bear in mind this was to himself. He wasn't speaking to his wife or anyone.
Who knows wtf went on? That comment about a nudist beach etc like wtaf?
But apart from his state of mind he doesn't mention the incident and it doesn't seem to.offer a smoking gun. Just that he is a remorseless prick (which is not a crime and it was already for the jury to.see based how he was on the stand)
Bit about the ammo was technically correct. But offers nothing as by destroying the bodies already a cover up
And there appears to be elements there was an altercation about the drone.

Reading some of the now media releases on what the jury was not allowed to hear etc, and bits of the secret police recordings of Lynn muttering and talking to himself in his car, during some of road trips, it’s the ramblings and stories of an absolutely insane person.

And his history re the “explosive anger” outbursts, treatment of first wife, cruelty to animals, his unstable behaviour, etc. Then there’s the hours and hours of police recordings the Judge would not allow to be admitted as evidence.

And the defence also successfully argued hours of the police interviews should not be admitted because it was too cold in the room where Lynn was being questioned by police. And this bloke is used to high altitude temps! Denial of human rights or some such thing.

Shame Hill and Clay had their
human rights blown out of the water into oblivion.

It just seems to get worse.

It seems to me that this whole process regarding evidence, what Lynn could or could not be found
guilty of, has been largely controlled by what the Judge decided.

I do realise some of the historical evidence regarding Lynn’s behaviour prior to the Hill/Clay trial was not permitted by law to be presented. However the Judge would have known about all this maniacal past behaviour. Yet he seemed almost to be protecting Lynn in some way.

Would Lynn risk appealing with so
much more information about
him and his past behaviours now being revealed ? Maybe like the Bruce Lehrmann trial where the Judge pointed out the mistake Lehrmann made was “going back for his hat”

I wonder what sentence this Judge will
decide is fair ?
Difference is Lehrman was essentially innocent under the law and matter discontinued
GL has been convicted of murder. His hat has been torn to shreds by the Lions. Not sure how much worse it gets.
Probably appeal as nothing to lose. Probably won't be able to afford DD who did actually a stellar job to get an acquittal

Sentencing will be interesting.
He is essentially innocent criminally of 1 so Judge can only sentence him on 1.
But the circumstances aren't really known.
The post offence conduct will go against him. But there doesn't appear to be premeditation. A chance encounter gone wrong and a snap random decision without any apparent motive. Never convicted before.
Somewhere in the medium range.
Probably 25-30 with non parole of 18-25
Honestly no idea.

That had been captured by the Drone at sometime. Seems like he might have watched on hill’s phone. And talking about size of appendages, maybe Lynn was captured on the Drone with his old Willy out and about. Who knows. But I still reckon it was unfettered explosive rage,
red mist, drone rage, caused by a relatively minor incident. And the elderly campers lit the fuse.

Or perhaps he had a hatred of senior aged people ? Nowhere near the score of Dr Harold Shipman but the same category.
I did wonder if his folks are about. Haven’t heard anything about them funnily enough. Wondering if there were any forebodings re issues.

Wow just wow, again I am not going to begin to understand law, but what is the go with the Judge, case seems like it was designed to get him off, I find it really weird that the judge stated they couldn't use what GL did afterwards as an admission of guilt, maybe the pros didn't do such a bad job, with the defence and Judge working against them in everything they tried to bring up...

It just got uber wacky. Did he go through their stuff and look at images after death?

It would be interesting to find out whether Hill and Clay ever went to Queensland for holidays.

Lynn said he didn't look at anything in their phones but I call BS on that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ironically we can only speculate after trial.
This is the most baffling case I've heard/followed.
Strange result today and given how the cards now.lay not really over imo.
Reckon this ends up with high court having to.set precedent

I read his comments as his picture of what they were doing now that they are both DEAD. I doubt Hill and Clay could ever go to Queensland given Russell's marriage scenario? Yes they went camping but in the middle of nowhere where they couldn't and wouldn't have been seen.

Restrained according to this

If Lynn is found guilty, it could be sold with the proceeds being given to family members of Ms Clay and Mr Hill, the Herald Sun reported.

If he is acquitted, the restraining order on the house would be lifted and return to the control of Lynn's wife Melanie, who was made its sole proprietor in January 2022, after her husband's arrest.

Seems like the Judge has a beef with police and not standing for the community in getting real justice.

Some of the stuff they had on Lynn should have been allowed.

At least some justice has been had even though I believe he killed both.

It would be interesting to find out whether Hill and Clay ever went to Queensland for holidays.

Lynn said he didn't look at anything in their phones but I call BS on that.
My take is No Way. Given Russell's marriage scenario way too risky. Wonongatta out of sight and out of mind IMO. I read Lynn's comments as a picture of what Clay & Hill would be doing now that they are both dead.

Sentencing will be interesting.
He is essentially innocent criminally of 1 so Judge can only sentence him on 1.
But the circumstances aren't really known.
The post offence conduct will go against him. But there doesn't appear to be premeditation. A chance encounter gone wrong and a snap random decision without any apparent motive. Never convicted before.
Somewhere in the medium range.
Probably 25-30 with non parole of 18-25
Honestly no idea.
Does the apparent circumstances of him not knowing the victim and killing her without motive or premeditation, actually make the murder worthy of more or less punishment?

For example, if she was "asking for it" or did something to provoke him, or she was a "loose woman ", should the sentence be more lenient?

I think this was Lynn's post murder/death picture of what Clay and Hill would be doing now they were dead. But maybe he did however I struggle to see how would of he had time to do this unless he took the phone/drone home with him?

"They're sitting on a beach in f***ing Queensland. Nudist Beach. Butt naked. Playing on his f***ing drone. Running up and down the beach. Taking pictures of the young people. Who's got the biggest dick?"
While cackling like a hyena. Really .... the judge did really say she was cackling like a hyena.

"Mrs Lynn joked about Mr Lynn having to hide things, how Mrs Clay did not like camping, and how she got 'donked' on her head after someone got mad with her," the judge wrote.
Puts a different context about Lynn observing Clay and Hill enjoying some quality time together, doesn't it?

Even the bra wires found in the tent discussed at length many pages ago

They may have presumed that they could not be observed and getting a bit frisky outside whilst preparing dinner.

It still may have been still light or they had lights under the awning

Hill goes to talk to Lynn not about the drone, or shooting but being a voyeur.

Definitely leads to aggression on behalf of Hill and defensive agression in return from Lynn.

Hill dies from whatever reason.

Lynn stalks the tent and assasinates the only other witness

Does the apparent circumstances of him not knowing the victim and killing her without motive or premeditation, actually make the murder worthy of more or less punishment?

For example, if she was "asking for it" or did something to provoke him, or she was a "loose woman ", should the sentence be more lenient?
Got no.idea.
While no.murder is good I'm guessing the worse is something like rape/murder or murder of a child.
Lower would be organised crime felt threatened/ confrontation.
Bit what confrontation would a 72yo be in? Remember RH isn't part of it legally.
Am.guessing in the middle somewhere.
Defenceless bad conduct after yet a chance encounter not of his making. They arrived after him

My take is No Way. Given Russell's marriage scenario way too risky. Wonongatta out of sight and out of mind IMO. I read Lynn's comments as a picture of what Clay & Hill would be doing now that they are both dead.

Who are two Victorians going to run in to who would recognise them with no clothes on, on a nudist beach in Queensland?

Lynn has focus on their activities, he told the cops they were in their tent 'having fun' and he rambles to himself about nude fun?

Back