Current Trial Russell Hill & Carol Clay Pt 2 *Pilot Greg Lynn Guilty for the Murder of Carol Clay

When will the jury have delivered their decisions of guilty or not guilty on both?

• 1st day

Votes: 4 6.0%
  • 2nd day

Votes: 16 23.9%
  • Between day 3 and 5

Votes: 21 31.3%
  • Over 1 week

Votes: 5 7.5%
  • Hung on one or both timeframe unknown

Votes: 21 31.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I came to the conclusion the shot to empty the chamber is in Lynn's version to emphasise the action he now had to take.

I'm also of the opinion he hunted Clay in front of Hill as I believe Lynn to be extremely spiteful when wronged and to get back at Hill he executed Clay like she was a deer. No idea how good of a shot he is, could have missed or wounded in a few shots before the head shot. Don't think he would have used his laser light.

Couldn't possibly call the cops as he had just fired the weapon so they might not be able to find Hill's fingerprint on the trigger. Might as well clean the gun anyway.

Good to see the jury saw right through this.
Fair enough it could have gone down this way too.

All of this is the reason why GL was found guilty of murder for CC, she clearly wasn't party to the confrontation between GL & RH.

No bone fragments were found of RH at the bucks camp scene - a likelihood if he was blown away considering GL pissed off in the dark. None of his blood found on the outside of his car like CC which eliminates the possibility he shot them together next to the car. Also, his blood & DNA was recovered from the accommodation that GL stayed at on his clothes. That suggests he could we have died from bleeding out in a close quarter fight with GL - the only issue being there is no way to prove how he bled out other than GL's word.

My take is the jury probably formed the opinion from the above evidence that RH was killed in an altercation with GL without being able to conclude how or why that happened. But rather than CC's shooting being an accident he murdered her to cover the whole thing up. They didn't buy the accidental shooting of CC story.

I think the hotel “evidence” is a red herring. I understood the DNA test of the bathmat was inconclusive and the prosecution conceded that GL drove straight home.

Significant piece of evidence to exclude from the trial if otherwise.

Pity they never found the trailer. Who knows what amount of DNA could be found in the joins and crevices.
Perhaps the trailer will turn up one day, from memory I believe the rego was never transferred. I suspect the ad was a cover and the trailer has been dumped in a remote location. When he headed back up to the high country in May I wonder if he took the trailer with him? Apologies if there has been info confirming a sale 😊

I think the hotel “evidence” is a red herring. I understood the DNA test of the bathmat was inconclusive and the prosecution conceded that GL drove straight home.

Significant piece of evidence to exclude from the trial if otherwise.
You are correct here is proof: Quote news outlets. So this suggests we don't know at all if Lynn had Hill's blood all over him?

Former Jetstar pilot Greg Lynn was suspected of going to a hotel room after the alleged murder of elderly campers Russell Hill and Carol Clay, a court has heard.

Forensic experts found the blood of Mr Hill, 74, was 'likely' found on a single sample from a white bathmat at a hotel in the Wonnangatta Valley, in Victoria's rugged alpine region, but it was later deemed implausible.

On Friday, Crown prosecutors confirmed police believe Lynn went straight home after allegedly killing the couple.

You are correct here is proof: Quote news outlets. So this suggests we don't know at all if Lynn had Hill's blood all over him?

Former Jetstar pilot Greg Lynn was suspected of going to a hotel room after the alleged murder of elderly campers Russell Hill and Carol Clay, a court has heard.

Forensic experts found the blood of Mr Hill, 74, was 'likely' found on a single sample from a white bathmat at a hotel in the Wonnangatta Valley, in Victoria's rugged alpine region, but it was later deemed implausible.

On Friday, Crown prosecutors confirmed police believe Lynn went straight home after allegedly killing the couple.

What a way to frame it. Hill’s DNA was “likely” found. I thought DNA evidence is supposed to be conclusive.

It’s either RH’s DNA or it’s not. No idea why the prosecution would raise it in a proceeding in those terms.

All of this is the reason why GL was found guilty of murder for CC, she clearly wasn't party to the confrontation between GL & RH.

No bone fragments were found of RH at the bucks camp scene - a likelihood if he was blown away considering GL pissed off in the dark. None of his blood found on the outside of his car like CC which eliminates the possibility he shot them together next to the car. Also, his blood & DNA was recovered from the accommodation that GL stayed at on his clothes. That suggests he could we have died from bleeding out in a close quarter fight with GL - the only issue being there is no way to prove how he bled out other than GL's word.

My take is the jury probably formed the opinion from the above evidence that RH was killed in an altercation with GL without being able to conclude how or why that happened. But rather than CC's shooting being an accident he murdered her to cover the whole thing up. They didn't buy the accidental shooting of CC story.
Turns out Zidane this is incorrect, Lynn never went to the Hotel.

Is there a chance the solar panel wasn't packed up before their deaths given you stated it could of gone down at 8pm or last light at 7.45pm etc? From my camping experience I don't rush out to get my solar panel as soon as it goes dark. If I was in the Valley I would leave it in position because who is going to take it.? Anyway that's just me.
Possible... Just going on what most ppl I know do.

It's not. Lynn was never in the hotel. Reading between the lines somebody found blood in a Wonangatta Hotel on the bathmat and news outlets jumped on it etc but it was later deemed implausible, so Lynn was never at the hotel and went straight home. This would have been proved by phone records etc
Said it waaaay back when this first came out and will say it again, the is only one Hotel within cooee of the valley and that's the Dargo Pub. You can bet he didn't stop off there for a quick frothy let alone a night after he'd done the dead end track dump. I think this was a red herring all along.

Perhaps the trailer will turn up one day, from memory I believe the rego was never transferred. I suspect the ad was a cover and the trailer has been dumped in a remote location. When he headed back up to the high country in May I wonder if he took the trailer with him? Apologies if there has been info confirming a sale 😊
Yeah I agree. I suggested the same and that he probably dumped it.over the side of a very steep track.

It's not. Lynn was never in the hotel. Reading between the lines somebody found blood in a Wonangatta Hotel on the bathmat and news outlets jumped on it etc but it was later deemed implausible, so Lynn was never at the hotel and went straight home. This would have been proved by phone records etc

It was submitted in court, clearly in a pre-trial motion. It’s in the first sentence of the article you posted.

But those extra gun shots might have been a decoy. Maybe he did use a knife on Hill and shot Clay earlier. Then decided later to fire off a couple. The time he was heard at the gate turning around only indicates the time he left, not the time he suddenly had 2 bodies and a crime scene.
Yeah possible he’s changed the time line. My thoughts were whether he’d risk others hearing the gunshots but maybe he knew there was no one that close. I don’t know how far away you’d hear gunshots.

Yeah possible he’s changed the time line. My thoughts were whether he’d risk others hearing the gunshots but maybe he knew there was no one that close. I don’t know how far away you’d hear gunshots.

His story falls down on this point. Maybe the police questioned him on this in his ROI but you never clear a firearm by discharging it. Firearms safety 101.

In GLs alternate universe you’d have thought he learned his lesson on his lapses of firearm safety with him not securing it properly and it accidentally going off and killing someone seconds before.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His story falls down on this point. Maybe the police questioned him on this in his ROI but you never clear a firearm by discharging it. Firearms safety 101.

In GLs alternate universe you’d have thought he learned his lesson on his lapses of firearm safety with him not securing it properly and it accidentally going off and killing someone seconds before.
Yeah his whole account of the gunshots doesn’t make any sense, not for one accidental shooting anyway. He also said on the stand, four or five shots so not sure why he wasn’t sure.

Good point.

Yeah his whole account of the gunshots doesn’t make any sense, not for one accidental shooting anyway. He also said on the stand, four or five shots so not sure why he wasn’t sure.

Especially in his version of events the magazine was already loaded. Assuming he carries it with a full 5 shot load he should know.

Melanie Lynn holed up in the Caroline Springs House (Paid Article Herald Sun)

Savage warning to ‘uninvited visitors’ at Greg Lynn’s home

The wife of the high country killer remains holed up inside the couple’s Caroline Springs home, plastering dozens of caution signs following her husband’s murder conviction.
I can’t understand how she could stand by him through all of this… the only way is that she must have complete faith in him and his ‘story’ of the ‘unfortunate’ accidents.

I reckon she must have known about some of this before the arrest? What do others think?

Her obscure comment (while watching the TV special) about “hiding things” seems to indicate she may have been talking about the hiding of the bodies?

Perhaps GL told her about his misadventure and painted himself as a hero who successfully covered up the ‘series of unfortunate events’ and handled the situation to save the family income, lifestyle, status etc = by cleaning up this terrible mess and taking control of the stressful situation made him a hero in her eyes?

Last edited:
HS article just says she’s holed up in her home with do not trespass and do not disturb signs. Nothing else but click bait.

Although it did make this prediction at the end of the article:

“Due to the high profile nature of the case, he will most likely be whisked into a protection unit at a maximum-security prison. Protection units are for inmates who need to be isolated from mainstream prisoners for their own safety”.

I can’t understand how she could stand by him through all of this… the only way is she must have complete faith in him and the ‘unfortunate’ accident

I reckon she must have known about some of this before the arrest… her obscure comment (while watching the TV special) about “hiding things” seems to indicate she may have been talking about the hiding of the bodies.

Perhaps GL told her about the terrible accident he needed to cover up to save the family income and status etc = by cleaning up this mess and taking control of the stressful situation making him a hero in her eyes?
It’s hard to really know.
I had a friend who was in a similar position. (Not as high profile case of course.) I watched her go through total denial and supporting him to coming to the realisation that he murdered someone and being fearful of him. He got sentenced to 18 years and she moved on with her life.

It’s hard to really know.
I had a friend who was in a similar position. (Not as high profile case of course.) I watched her go through total denial and supporting him to coming to the realisation that he murdered someone and being fearful of him. He got sentenced to 18 years and she moved on with her life.
There’s so much collateral damage emanating from these scenarios, beyond the immediate victims…

There’s so much collateral damage emanating from these scenarios, beyond the immediate victims…
There is. Those closest to an accused go through the surveillance, tapping of phones, raiding of the home, questioning, judgment from the community, being harassed by media, losing friends/associates and on top of that have to deal with their own emotions and grief and loss of the life they had with the person they thought they knew.

I can’t understand how she could stand by him through all of this… the only way is she must have complete faith in him and the ‘unfortunate’ accident

I reckon she must have known about some of this before the arrest… her obscure comment (while watching the TV special) about “hiding things” seems to indicate she may have been talking about the hiding of the bodies.

Perhaps GL told her about the terrible accident he needed to cover up to save the family income and status etc = by cleaning up this mess and takin control of the stressful situation making him a hero in her eyes?
Agreed. Sorry the Herald Sun story re Melanie is behind a
HS article just says she’s holed up in her home with do not trespass and do not disturb signs. Nothing else but click bait.

Although it did make this prediction at the end of the article:

“Due to the high profile nature of the case, he will most likely be whisked into a protection unit at a maximum-security prison. Protection units are for inmates who need to be isolated from mainstream prisoners for their own safety”.
Thanks for extracting this

Back