Current Trial Russell Hill & Carol Clay Pt 2 *Pilot Greg Lynn Guilty for the Murder of Carol Clay

When will the jury have delivered their decisions of guilty or not guilty on both?

• 1st day

Votes: 4 6.0%
  • 2nd day

Votes: 16 23.9%
  • Between day 3 and 5

Votes: 21 31.3%
  • Over 1 week

Votes: 5 7.5%
  • Hung on one or both timeframe unknown

Votes: 21 31.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Here is PART 1 Russell Hill & Carol Clay - Wonnangatta *Pilot Greg Lynn Pleads Not Guilty to Murder

DPP v Lynn [2024] VSCA 62 (12 April 2024) INTERLOCUTORY APPEAL

R v Lynn (Rulings 1-4) [2024] VSC 373 (28 June 2024)

R v Lynn (Rulings 5 & 6) [2024] VSC 375 (28 February 2024)

R v Lynn (Ruling 7) [2024] VSC 376 (8 May 2024)

The Greg Lynn Police Interview Tapes (Shortened Version)

The 3.5 HR Police Interview

THREADS FOR THE HIGH COUNTRY DISAPPEARED
High Country Disappearance of Prison Boss David Prideaux
The Disappearance of Warren Meyer

2008 - Warren Meyer (23 March 2008) not found
2010 - Japp and Annie Viergever (29 March 2010) both shot & 3 dogs, house burnt.
2011 - David Prideaux (5 June 2011) not found
2017 - Kevin Tenant (17 February 2018) shot 3 times, played dead.
2019 - Conrad Whitlock (29 July 2019) not found
2019 - Niels Becker (24 October 2019) not found
2020 - Russell Hill and Carol Clay (20 March 2020) murdered

Lynn's first wife Lisa, was found dead on 26 October 1999.

Last edited:
Yeah possible he’s changed the time line. My thoughts were whether he’d risk others hearing the gunshots but maybe he knew there was no one that close. I don’t know how far away you’d hear gunshots.

His story falls down on this point. Maybe the police questioned him on this in his ROI but you never clear a firearm by discharging it. Firearms safety 101.

In GLs alternate universe you’d have thought he learned his lesson on his lapses of firearm safety with him not securing it properly and it accidentally going off and killing someone seconds before.

His story falls down on this point. Maybe the police questioned him on this in his ROI but you never clear a firearm by discharging it. Firearms safety 101.

In GLs alternate universe you’d have thought he learned his lesson on his lapses of firearm safety with him not securing it properly and it accidentally going off and killing someone seconds before.
Yeah his whole account of the gunshots doesn’t make any sense, not for one accidental shooting anyway. He also said on the stand, four or five shots so not sure why he wasn’t sure.

Good point.

Yeah his whole account of the gunshots doesn’t make any sense, not for one accidental shooting anyway. He also said on the stand, four or five shots so not sure why he wasn’t sure.

Especially in his version of events the magazine was already loaded. Assuming he carries it with a full 5 shot load he should know.

HS article just says she’s holed up in her home with do not trespass and do not disturb signs. Nothing else but click bait.

Although it did make this prediction at the end of the article:

“Due to the high profile nature of the case, he will most likely be whisked into a protection unit at a maximum-security prison. Protection units are for inmates who need to be isolated from mainstream prisoners for their own safety”.

I can’t understand how she could stand by him through all of this… the only way is she must have complete faith in him and the ‘unfortunate’ accident

I reckon she must have known about some of this before the arrest… her obscure comment (while watching the TV special) about “hiding things” seems to indicate she may have been talking about the hiding of the bodies.

Perhaps GL told her about the terrible accident he needed to cover up to save the family income and status etc = by cleaning up this mess and taking control of the stressful situation making him a hero in her eyes?
It’s hard to really know.
I had a friend who was in a similar position. (Not as high profile case of course.) I watched her go through total denial and supporting him to coming to the realisation that he murdered someone and being fearful of him. He got sentenced to 18 years and she moved on with her life.

It’s hard to really know.
I had a friend who was in a similar position. (Not as high profile case of course.) I watched her go through total denial and supporting him to coming to the realisation that he murdered someone and being fearful of him. He got sentenced to 18 years and she moved on with her life.
There’s so much collateral damage emanating from these scenarios, beyond the immediate victims…

There’s so much collateral damage emanating from these scenarios, beyond the immediate victims…
There is. Those closest to an accused go through the surveillance, tapping of phones, raiding of the home, questioning, judgment from the community, being harassed by media, losing friends/associates and on top of that have to deal with their own emotions and grief and loss of the life they had with the person they thought they knew.

I can’t understand how she could stand by him through all of this… the only way is she must have complete faith in him and the ‘unfortunate’ accident

I reckon she must have known about some of this before the arrest… her obscure comment (while watching the TV special) about “hiding things” seems to indicate she may have been talking about the hiding of the bodies.

Perhaps GL told her about the terrible accident he needed to cover up to save the family income and status etc = by cleaning up this mess and takin control of the stressful situation making him a hero in her eyes?
Agreed. Sorry the Herald Sun story re Melanie is behind a
HS article just says she’s holed up in her home with do not trespass and do not disturb signs. Nothing else but click bait.

Although it did make this prediction at the end of the article:

“Due to the high profile nature of the case, he will most likely be whisked into a protection unit at a maximum-security prison. Protection units are for inmates who need to be isolated from mainstream prisoners for their own safety”.
Thanks for extracting this

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seems like the cackling hyena turned into a hermit crab after the trial

There is. Those closest to an accused go through the surveillance, tapping of phones, raiding of the home, questioning, judgment from the community, being harassed by media, losing friends/associates and on top of that have to deal with their own emotions and grief and loss of the life they had with the person they thought they knew.

I hope there's some form of support group his family can access if they need the support or non judgemental ears to work through these things in a healthy way.

I can’t understand how she could stand by him through all of this… the only way is that she must have complete faith in him and his ‘story’ of the ‘unfortunate’ accidents.

I reckon she must have known about some of this before the arrest? What do others think?

Her obscure comment (while watching the TV special) about “hiding things” seems to indicate she may have been talking about the hiding of the bodies?

Perhaps GL told her about his misadventure and painted himself as a hero who successfully covered up the ‘series of unfortunate events’ and handled the situation to save the family income, lifestyle, status etc = by cleaning up this terrible mess and taking control of the stressful situation made him a hero in her eyes?
There’s blind love, unquestioning loyalty and the “stand by your man” creed. I get all that stuff especially if there are kids involved.

It would depend on how much she knew. It was said that the first time Mrs Lynn and those two sad young men of theirs heard all the gruesome details, was at the trial.

If that’s true, it must have been a shocking and dreadful revelation. Maybe too horrible to contemplate. I think it’s called being in denial

She may have convinced herself that hubby’s fantasy story is the absolute truth. Or he may have convinced her. I’d say the boys would be emotionally and psychologically overwhelmed. They’re young but will need years of intense therapy to overcome. If they ever will.

Who knows what she has been told by hubby and maybe she would never doubt a word he says. I felt quite down when I noticed the very red eyes of those two young men leaving the court almost every day.

I hope there's some form of support group his family can access if they need the support or non judgemental ears to work through these things in a healthy way.
There is groups and counselling
even for people who continue to support those in prison.

The biggest thing is time and them coming to the realisation that they’ve done nothing wrong.

Also just want to say that I’m not in any way undermining the victims of the crime. They are the victims foremost.
Just looking at it from the other side.

There’s blind love, unquestioning loyalty and the “stand by your man” creed. I get all that stuff especially if there are kids involved.

It would depend on how much she knew. It was said that the first time Mrs Lynn and those two sad young men of theirs heard all the gruesome details, was at the trial.

If that’s true, it must have been a shocking and dreadful revelation. Maybe too horrible to contemplate. I think it’s called being in denial

She may have convinced herself that hubby’s fantasy story is the absolute truth. Or he may have convinced her. I’d say the boys would be emotionally and psychologically overwhelmed. They’re young but will need years of intense therapy to overcome. If they ever will.

Who knows what she has been told by hubby and maybe she would never doubt a word he says. I felt quite down when I noticed the very red eyes of those two young men leaving the court almost every day.
I'd say he would be quite convincing - especially if he is a narcissist or psychopath as some have suggested. These are very well trained personality types for manipulation.

How tall were CC and RH?
I think he was over 6’ and he looked quite sturdy as far as I could see. He had been a logger most of his life and later a truck driver transporting timber so I should imagine he still carried a fair weight of muscle. Clay looked like she was fit and also not a tiny frame. There were photos of her standing next to others etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Current Trial Russell Hill & Carol Clay Pt 2 *Pilot Greg Lynn Guilty for the Murder of Carol Clay

Back