Current Trial Russell Hill & Carol Clay Pt 2 *Pilot Greg Lynn sentenced 34 yrs with a non-parole period of 24 yrs

When will the jury have delivered their decisions of guilty or not guilty on both?

• 1st day

Votes: 4 6.0%
  • 2nd day

Votes: 16 23.9%
  • Between day 3 and 5

Votes: 21 31.3%
  • Over 1 week

Votes: 5 7.5%
  • Hung on one or both timeframe unknown

Votes: 21 31.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Here is PART 1 Russell Hill & Carol Clay - Wonnangatta *Pilot Greg Lynn Pleads Not Guilty to Murder

DPP v Lynn [2024] VSCA 62 (12 April 2024) INTERLOCUTORY APPEAL

R v Lynn (Rulings 1-4) [2024] VSC 373 (28 June 2024)

R v Lynn (Rulings 5 & 6) [2024] VSC 375 (28 February 2024)

R v Lynn (Ruling 7) [2024] VSC 376 (8 May 2024)

The Greg Lynn Police Interview Tapes (Shortened Version)

The 3.5 HR Police Interview

THREADS FOR THE HIGH COUNTRY DISAPPEARED
High Country Disappearance of Prison Boss David Prideaux
The Disappearance of Warren Meyer

2008 - Warren Meyer (23 March 2008) not found
2010 - Japp and Annie Viergever (29 March 2010) both shot & 3 dogs, house burnt.
2011 - David Prideaux (5 June 2011) not found
2017 - Kevin Tenant (17 February 2018) shot 3 times, played dead.
2019 - Conrad Whitlock (29 July 2019) not found
2019 - Niels Becker (24 October 2019) not found
2020 - Russell Hill and Carol Clay (20 March 2020) murdered

Lynn's first wife Lisa, was found dead on 26 October 1999.

Last edited:
Correct, he will never have a gun license again. I believe he would have lost it anyway even if he was acquitted of both murders.

No club would accept a convicted murderer either even 24 years down the track.

I reckon he'd be a hermit who lives in isolation upon release. Bet he stores the Patrol and coaxes it back into action for some new adventures in 2048.
He’ll spend his days polishing it with sunscreen

The car that is

It strikes me as ironic that if he’d called the police immediately after the deaths happened, he might, just might, have been able to explain his way out of the situation as it has now been judged.

Of course his explanation also might have been immediately disproved, which is more likely.

It strikes me as ironic that if he’d called the police immediately after the deaths happened, he might, just might, have been able to explain his way out of the situation as it has now been judged.

Of course his explanation also might have been immediately disproved, which is more likely.

His explanation for what he did and why was simply not believable. Thankfully the jury didn’t think so either.

I can't help but think back to when RH & CC first went missing. There was practically no evidence. The whole case was a mystery. I wonder if you can remember what your first theory was as to what happened to the couple?

I can't help but think back to when RH & CC first went missing. There was practically no evidence. The whole case was a mystery. I wonder if you can remember what your first theory was as to what happened to the couple?
I thought lost in the bush. Except… the camp was burnt 🤔

Makes you wonder how thorough forensics was as the CC skull fragment was not found until GL admitted that CC was killed by a shotgun blast. Forensics likely extrapolated from the approximate known position of CC according to GL's testimony to find the skull fragment which was crucial in prosecution.

I also wonder how did they not pick up DNA blood based evidence on the canopy? GL admitting wiping it up but that would do no more than prevent visual evidence of blood. Surely a through forensic analysis early on of the canopy would have given quite clear evidence of a crime.

There must have been blood evidence on the ground in the days after the crime that perhaps got washed away by rain before a forensic canvas of the crime scene could be undertaken.

I thought lost in the bush. Except… the camp was burnt 🤔
Yes, me too. The early reports was that the drone battery left to charge caused the fire. It wasn't until the inside of the tent was found to have a lot of things burnt inside that shouldn't have been there, that the accidental fire theory fell to bits.

I seem to remember one of my strong theories was a couple of local yobs, drunk/drugged, shooting too close to the camp and RH told them off and they were shot and disposed of and the camp burnt.

Except that there was only one person and he wasn't drunk or drugged, it wasn't 100 miles away from what happened.

I have to hand it to the Cops, they really did a great job tracking him down and getting him to admit to being there when they both had an "accident" with his gun and knife. The story was so preposterous that they must have had trouble keeping a straight face when he was telling it.

Like emergency services and first responders and juries and victims and witnesses judges/magistrates really are only seeing some of the worst shite when they have to go through this.

You just hope the system works. It’s literally the best you can hope for

Makes you wonder how thorough forensics was as the CC skull fragment was not found until GL admitted that CC was killed by a shotgun blast. Forensics likely extrapolated from the approximate known position of CC according to GL's testimony to find the skull fragment which was crucial in prosecution.

I also wonder how did they not pick up DNA blood based evidence on the canopy? GL admitting wiping it up but that would do no more than prevent visual evidence of blood. Surely a through forensic analysis early on of the canopy would have given quite clear evidence of a crime.

There must have been blood evidence on the ground in the days after the crime that perhaps got washed away by rain before a forensic canvas of the crime scene could be undertaken.

I don’t think the cops thought the were murdered until later on when they repo’d the Ute and conducted their tests and found brain matter and CCs DNA under the canopy

They literally had no idea what what happened to them until much later on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Current Trial Russell Hill & Carol Clay Pt 2 *Pilot Greg Lynn sentenced 34 yrs with a non-parole period of 24 yrs

Back