Current Trial Russell Hill & Carol Clay - Wonnangatta *Pilot Greg Lynn Pleads Not Guilty to Murder

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
MOD NOTICE

This case is sub judice as under consideration by the courts. Sub judice contempt can occur if information is published that may be prejudicial to the court proceedings.

Please do not state as fact that which is opinion. Also, use 'IMO' and 'allegedly' a lot.

Rules - Updated Crime Board Rules - READ BEFORE POSTING

General Information The BigFooty Crime board is a community that fosters discussion on current and past crimes, some which have social and media notoriety, that attracts the attention of public opinion and discussion on such matters. Please read these rules very carefully, both the Big Footy...
www.bigfooty.com
www.bigfooty.com

On the Greg Lynn committal proceedings Crown Prosecutor Mr Dickie said 'It is clear hopefully from the document, and if it's not clear from the document it's clear hopefully from the charges put before the court, that it is alleged of course that the accused acted with murderous intent when he allegedly killed the two victims.'

Last edited:
People keep bringing this up because it “seems” suspicious… but really… is there a shred of evidence that he was involved in his ex wife’s death? She was found dead having consumed large amounts of prescription drugs and alcohol. It was ruled suicide by coronial inquiry.

It’s doesn’t exactly scream murder tbf. And the comparisons to other cases in that article are utterly ridiculous. Crawford was found underneath a car having been “crushed” by it. The cases are not alike in the slightest.

First wife dies in unusual circumstances. Lots of anecdotal evidence it was a strained relationship towards the end. Unusual features in her death.

Same guy, now on a double murder charge. This guy has more chance of winning the lotto than these circumstances put together. Give me a break.

First wife dies in unusual circumstances. Lots of anecdotal evidence it was a strained relationship towards the end. Unusual features in her death.

Same guy, now on a double murder charge. This guy has more chance of winning the lotto than these circumstances put together. Give me a break.
What is so unusual about it though? Just because she's not normally a drinker doesn't mean that she wouldn't use alchol in combination with prescription medication to end her life. And that's pretty consistent with the gendered differences in method of suicide.

I'm not defending the man's character at all, I'm just not sure there's anything to actually suggest he was directly involved with his first wife's death.

People keep bringing this up because it “seems” suspicious… but really… is there a shred of evidence that he was involved in his ex wife’s death? She was found dead having consumed large amounts of prescription drugs and alcohol. It was ruled suicide by coronial inquiry.

It’s doesn’t exactly scream murder tbf. And the comparisons to other cases in that article are utterly ridiculous. Crawford was found underneath a car having been “crushed” by it. The cases are not alike in the slightest.

Agree the two cases are not alike.

I believe earlier in this thread someone posted that her headstone had no reference to GL and he apparently didn’t attend her funeral. Not saying it’s necessarily suspicious, it could be his way of dealing with the circumstances at the time but it just seems a bit off IMO

What is so unusual about it though? Just because she's not normally a drinker doesn't mean that she wouldn't use alchol in combination with prescription medication to end her life. And that's pretty consistent with the gendered differences in method of suicide.

I'm not defending the man's character at all, I'm just not sure there's anything to actually suggest he was directly involved with his first wife's death.

There’s plenty of suggestion about his first wife’s death. That aside.

My comment was on the unusualness of his circumstances. Not his first wife’s death alone.

So what are you going to do? Give up the scones with home made jam and cream? … yer didn’t think so hero

What am I going to do? Exactly what I did. Write a comment containing an opinion and then move on. Certainly didn’t expect that sort of response.

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

Agree the two cases are not alike.

I believe earlier in this thread someone posted that her headstone had no reference to GL and he apparently didn’t attend her funeral. Not saying it’s necessarily suspicious, it could be his way of dealing with the circumstances at the time but it just seems a bit off IMO

Apparently he’d already left her for another woman. I’d say many family and friends didn’t exactly hold him blameless in her suicide. I don’t think it’s that unusual he didn’t attend the funeral. He probably wasn’t wanted there and it was probably a far more appropriate and comfortable send-off without him.

Well Lynn's world has come crashing down. Lots of questions over his 1st wife's death and Lynn doesn't even attend her funeral.! This guy is a real card by the sounds of it. If anything good has come of Hill and Clay's death perhaps it was Hill standing up to this man even though it cost him his life, but if found guilty he has put this man where he belongs.! We still have a way to go but we will find out eventually what happened on that fateful night. If Greg Lynn did in anyway push his 1st wife over the edge perhaps this case will finally deliver the justice she deserves. Let's wait and see....
Weren’t they separated at the time? Hence the reason he didn’t attend funeral?
We are jumping at shadows a bit here, there was a corners inquest into her death remember..

Exactly bunk, people really jumping to conclusions, my cousins mates knows him and can confirm this and that.. all b/s..
Was heartbroken over losing her husband and killed here, that Crawford case had a trial and everything, that man is lucky to be walking the streets

IMO the constant references and suggestions that he may be involved in his previous wife's death are a chance of causing legal issuesdown the track with fair trials and sentencing etc etc.

Its completely unrelated to the current murder investigation which appears to be an altercation between two totally unknown parties in a totally random location. Nothing at all like the circumstances of GW ex wife death.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also a frame or two earlier trying to get the hand out of the way - the two rocks between vehicle and tarp (in front of tent) are not there - were they put there by RH to mark campsite?

1638491642717.png

Your eyes are better than mine can only just make out the rocks but they look small.

No, I meant compared to the phot maggiethecat posted in #2,083. I think our eyes are the same! I'm just saying the larger two rocks are obvious in maggie's photo/post, but not there in the two photos I just posted:

maggie's photo:

1638492440125.png

My first thought re rocks is they may have been to stop tarp from blowing away?

Possibly, just seem to roughly align with front edges of RH/CC tent footprint. Maybe RH had them there as a sort of rumble strip - so no crazy bugger would 'accidentally' drive into their tent! :D

Some other photos of the scene. Note the color of the rocks in one photo? They appear white?

The two I highlighted are only in shot in the second of your photos though, as they are about a metre past the back end of the vehicle. Superficial I know, but with the police standing there, gives the appearance they didn't put them there to use for the tarp, otherwise they'd be nearer the tarp maybe? Anyway, probably completely irrelevant to the investigation, just caught my eye.

The two I highlighted are only in shot in the second of your photos though, as they are about a metre past the back end of the vehicle. Superficial I know, but with the police standing there, gives the appearance they didn't put them there to use for the tarp, otherwise they'd be nearer the tarp maybe? Anyway, probably completely irrelevant to the investigation, just caught my eye.
Could be marking out the area to collect evidence from?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back