Current Trial Russell Hill & Carol Clay - Wonnangatta *Pilot Greg Lynn Pleads Not Guilty to Murder

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
MOD NOTICE

This case is sub judice as under consideration by the courts. Sub judice contempt can occur if information is published that may be prejudicial to the court proceedings.

Please do not state as fact that which is opinion. Also, use 'IMO' and 'allegedly' a lot.

Rules - Updated Crime Board Rules - READ BEFORE POSTING

General Information The BigFooty Crime board is a community that fosters discussion on current and past crimes, some which have social and media notoriety, that attracts the attention of public opinion and discussion on such matters. Please read these rules very carefully, both the Big Footy...
www.bigfooty.com
www.bigfooty.com

On the Greg Lynn committal proceedings Crown Prosecutor Mr Dickie said 'It is clear hopefully from the document, and if it's not clear from the document it's clear hopefully from the charges put before the court, that it is alleged of course that the accused acted with murderous intent when he allegedly killed the two victims.'

Last edited:
He didn't go to Dargo. Took a huge detour North for reasons unknown. Wonder where this Motel is? Harietville, Bright?
You know Dargo pub is like 20 mins south of where he had to turn onto the DHPR? So not out of the realm of possibility. But given he made it to GAR by 10am on 21st and didn't arrive home until the 22nd, it's more likely it was in the Ovens Valley.

I was more pointing out the crap reporting rather than the facts of where he stopped :)

The first wife had two sons with Lynn. No daughter. I think the lady you are taling about being on the blog prior isusername beginning with S, was a friend of her family.

She also had a daughter before she met Lynn. She had the daughter rather young. The parents of first wife are still alive. Anyway I will leave it at that. I’m sure she would be reading along so if she wants to post something she will.

You know Dargo pub is like 20 mins south of where he had to turn onto the DHPR? So not out of the realm of possibility. But given he made it to GAR by 10am on 21st and didn't arrive home until the 22nd, it's more likely it was in the Ovens Valley.

I was more pointing out the crap reporting rather than the facts of where he stopped :)

Yes, pretty funny to report on a motel in the Wonnangatta. I'd like to stay there if there's one lol.

The trip home via Hotham just does not make sense does it. Longer journey with less options to leave the area and picked the one with cameras.

"In November 2021, he was accused of cutting off a side-mounted awning on the vehicle, after detectives released images of his car as part of a public appeal for information about the disappearance of Mr Hill and Ms Clay."

Lol, surely not. How deluded can one be? By then he must have had a strong suspicion they were on to him.
Hahahah! Too rich!

Reminds me of how Spanian recommends running around a corner and taking your shirt off to confuse the police who are chasing you!

To be legally safe all that follows is alleged.

1/ Numerous threats to kill first wife
2/ Numerous threats to kill pet pig of wife
3/ Pet pig killed by Lynn. Throat cut.
4/ First wife died of exposure.
Found on front lawn in Macedon.
5/ Girlfriend in Doha. Lynn discovered she was having an affair
6/ Last seen at dinner with Lynn
7/ Girlfriend died of exposure.
Found in the desert.
8/ Neighbors dog used to bark and annoy Lynn
9/ Dog found with throat cut.
10/ Signed cards sent to fellow pilots. "Enjoy Christmas this might be your last".

A lot more to come out

Numerous and frequent threats to kill
An incident where someone fell out a window in Vegas

Reason for leaving:
RAAF
Southern Airlines

This is no your usual suspect.

As a pilot Lynn's range was much broader than just Melbourne, Doha and the High County.

It is all being investigated
Wow, appears to be a real life Mick Taylor.

Holy cow at the stuff re Russell’s blood.

This is really interesting, not that he stopped off at a hotel (sounds like it could’ve been a pub?), but that allegedly Russell’s blood was found on a white bathmat.

A few questions I guess, like how did they determine that it was allegedly Russell’s blood?
Wouldn’t housekeeping have just come along the next day and tossed it into the pile to go be bleached with the rest of the laundry?
Even if they were surprised by some sort of ‘amount’ of blood, does this mean they bagged and kept it aside?
Also wouldn’t the blood have been dried by then?
Will be interested to hear more on this.

This is really interesting, not that he stopped off at a hotel (sounds like it could’ve been a pub?), but that allegedly Russell’s blood was found on a white bathmat.

A few questions I guess, like how did they determine that it was allegedly Russell’s blood?
Wouldn’t housekeeping have just come along the next day and tossed it into the pile to go be bleached with the rest of the laundry?
Even if they were surprised by some sort of ‘amount’ of blood, does this mean they bagged and kept it aside?

Old mate goes into the bathroom, tosses all his blood covered clothes in a pile on the floor. Has a shower. Blood transfer of RH's blood all over him to the floormat. But by then it couldn't have been too much as the bloody would surely have dried up? And months later - like you say it would have been washed / bleahced etc.

Unless GL in his paranoia took the floor mat with him and they found it on him or in his house.

They found Russell's DNA. It might be interesting to find out when this bathmat was seized for forensic testing.

The court heard that police allege Lynn had tried to cover his bloody tracks, scrubbing the hotel room clean, but missed the bathmat in his haste.

While Mr Hill's DNA was allegedly found on the mat, none of Ms Clay's was located, documents state.

Yes, pretty funny to report on a motel in the Wonnangatta. I'd like to stay there if there's one lol.

The trip home via Hotham just does not make sense does it. Longer journey with less options to leave the area and picked the one with cameras.
Makes sense if he was looking for a hotel though...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Old mate goes into the bathroom, tosses all his blood covered clothes in a pile on the floor. Has a shower. Blood transfer of RH's blood all over him to the floormat. But by then it couldn't have been too much as the bloody would surely have dried up? And months later - like you say it would have been washed / bleahced etc.

Unless GL in his paranoia took the floor mat with him and they found it on him or in his house.
oh that’s a possibility, maybe he did take it home with him? But why wouldn’t he have washed it later on, instead of risk leaving it laying around? Or just disposed of it after he got home? Would be pretty sick if he kept it as a ‘souvenir’ - I know serial killers have been known to do that, but so far I’m unconvinced that he is one.

Edit: I see Kurve has posted a bit more info, so the bathmat was left at the hotel. But what I find strange was that all those months in between, it would've been washed at least a few times, interesting there was still viable DNA to be retrieved.

And we could be talking here about a rubber or wooden 'bath mat' that a material one goes over the top of.

Heaps of options. Dargo Hotel, Dargo River Inn. Covid had just started so they would not be busy. Sale, Stratford, Bairnsdale, Maffra. Options galore heading south.
True... But lots of known cameras down there on the fwy. Probably (clearly) he wasn't aware of the R
resort management cams or that they work all year round.

Surely GL knows about flight mode being a pilot....

Telstra data obtained indicates the phones were on and communicating to the Hotham tower.

Incredible as it sound he brought the victims phone with him switched on at least until the point he was photographed.

What would be interesting is the last ping / commmunication from the victims phones before they were either powered down or the battery went flat.

That information is yet to be made public.

The last ping may have been on the Hotham tower before he disposed of the phones. Could explain the searches early on where they found those shovels.

They found Russell's DNA. It might be interesting to find out when this bathmat was seized for forensic testing.

The court heard that police allege Lynn had tried to cover his bloody tracks, scrubbing the hotel room clean, but missed the bathmat in his haste.

While Mr Hill's DNA was allegedly found on the mat, none of Ms Clay's was located, documents state.

Yep, the ‘when’ would be really interesting. You’d think it would be immediately after suspicion fell onto GL, a check of bank statements and suddenly a hotel receipt pops up (if he paid by card). If he paid by cash, you’d think it would be after his arrest, with the hotel piping up “oh that guy stayed here on x night, paid cash”.

Given the timestamp of when he drove past the resort camera, good chance he did an early check-in which may also have stood out, as most places are check-in after 2pm but you’d think he’d want to get washed up asap and compose himself.

Again, not sure how true this is, lots of inaccuracies and maybe's stated as fact in the DM article. But if true, this is starting to sound very interesting.

"It can now be revealed via court documents that police allegedly found a cache of knives when they executed a search warrant at Lynn's Caroline Springs in November 2021.

Among the collection of weapons were two swords and 16 knives in sheaths, including throwing knives and daggers, court documents state.
"

Again, not sure how true this is, lots of inaccuracies and maybe's stated as fact in the DM article. But if true, this is starting to sound very interesting.

"It can now be revealed via court documents that police allegedly found a cache of knives when they executed a search warrant at Lynn's Caroline Springs in November 2021.

Among the collection of weapons were two swords and 16 knives in sheaths, including throwing knives and daggers, court documents state.
"
So 9 guns, 2 swords, 16 knives.

Maybe he was preparing for the apocalypse?

Or he's a SK who likes to vary his methods!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back