Ryan Griffen Requests Trade

Remove this Banner Ad

You remember watching your last game of the year? Hoskin-Elliot absolutely torched your blokes with a rare display of marking, speed and goalkicking. You would take him and pick 4 surely.
I'd consider it definitely. The bloke I was quoting said straight swap.

Plus as you can guess I'm a bit emotional.

Putting the fact that he's our captain to the side - that is obviously a huge blow for the club.

From a purely talent/age perspective I'm not opposed to trading him for 4 and 7, or 4 and a very good player.

His back was shot all year, he had his worst season in a decade and he's 29 next season. If he wasn't our captain I think supporters would be far more open to it.

Terry pulling up Barret for talking crap lol

Settle down people. I understand that from the outside looking in and not knowing everything behind the scens this is making you freak out. Settle down. The hard calls needed to be made, no one is bigger then the club. NO ONE! We need to calm down and wait for every party to have it's say. Just take a deep breath for a minute.

Don't be austin's and crack under pressure.

Terry pulling up Barret for talking crap lol

Settle down people. I understand that from the outside looking in and not knowing everything behind the scens this is making you freak out. Settle down. The hard calls needed to be made, no one is bigger then the club. NO ONE! We need to calm down and wait for every party to have it's say. Just take a deep breath for a minute.

Don't be austin's and crack under pressure.

That would be true if we were shopping him around. The club's statement that we're keeping him means it's come as a surprise.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I imagine you guys will be asking for one of Boyd or Cameron in some sort of capacity if Griff does go and that if GWS say no to both of them you will then perhaps look to get your hands on picks 1, 2 or 3, to get a Wright/McCartin, since both us and Melbourne would be very open to a trade with GWS (us for picks, Melbourne for one of their "young gun mids" that they can now afford to let go one of).

Even if Griffen isn't essential to the Dogs future, it must still be devastating seeing your captain want out. Captains are the heart and soul of team. It suggests some serious problems are going on.

Feel genuinely sorry for you guys, hang in there.
Hammer, meet nail.

Griffen isn't necessarily essential, and this could be a good move.

It ****ing hurts though. I mean just imagine if you guys lost Riewoldt, or Hawthorn lost Hodge.

Prepare for thread meltdown on this one........

Although, this is probably the trade we never had the guts to make.
It gives us currency in the trade period and potentially calls us out on making some positional changes for next year (and the next 5 to come).

We now need to be utter bastards and stand our ground to get as much out of this as possible. Hoskin-Elliot, Cameron or even Ward???

Is there any chance that Griff has fallen on his sword for the greater good of the club??? He gets the cash and we get the player.

I'm not gutted at all, the club could turn this into a great coup. Get pick 4 and another player and we are winning. Griffen was never a leader or great user of the ball.
Bring on the new generation of leaders to the Dogs. Griffen was not up to the challenge. You don't want a player who doens't want to be there and he doesn't, nor does Cooney so he will go no matter what by end of trade week as well.

WHE and #4 would be more than fair for Griff but Griff brings so many intangibles to the club.

I can imagine, Griff must have been one of the only reasons doggies fans kept watching games in 2013.

I'd consider it definitely. The bloke I was quoting said straight swap.

Plus as you can guess I'm a bit emotional.

If it were for a straight swap, what about Cameron or Boyd? Or would they need 7 as well.

I can imagine mate, it would be like Jobe Watson were to walk out on Essendon. I could never forgive those responsible if that were to happen.

Club need to make a commitment to review why all of these players are asking for a trade.

There has been way to much talk about player/coach issues, and Garlick making a public statement that its not true is just utter bullshit.

Dont condone a tail wagging the dog situation, but this is no longer a case of of where there is smoke there is fire. The fire is now clear as day for everyone to see and its about to burn the club to the ground.

Just heard the news guys, this sucks. However, maybe it is a blessing in disguise? Griff probably would be on his last legs/retired by the time your young players develop and you push for a flag. If you can get 2 quality picks for him, you guys will have a SCARY list of young players and some amazing foundations set for the next 10 years. All the best!

ytQQzV9.png

I guess all you can do is laugh.

Remove this Banner Ad

Ryan Griffen Requests Trade

Remove this Banner Ad

Back