Ryan Griffen Requests Trade

Remove this Banner Ad

Would you really be happy with literally just getting Hoskin-Elliott in return?

I'd be happy with him and pick 4. And that's what you would get for Selwood, if not a bit more.
Despite what Hawthorn supporters will tell you, Selwood is worth more than Griffin. He's a bit younger, more consistent and much more likely to change the course of a game. Just my opinion. You'd probably be wanting a bit more for him. I think Hoskin-Elliott would be a good swap for Griffin. If it were a swap with Selwood, I'd live with it. There aren't many young players with Hoskin-Elliott's speed and marking prowess. He can really play the game from what I can see.

so I haven't been following the afl news since the GF but I caught up on everything a few hours ago.

DAE remember that article where griff said he would never turn his back on the club after how we helped him through the death of his father? I specifically remember him saying he'd be a bulldog for life. Lol good one griff.

Griffen was my favourite player and my idol for a good 4-6 years. I had no doubts he'd be a bulldog for life no matter what. This is such a shock I really don't know how to process it. How does one have faith like that in a player ever again? I can't. I can't even have faith in the culture of the club I love.

At this point I keep switching emotions from crying myself to sleep, to mehhh **** aussie rules anyway who cares. It's amazing how 1 player can make you lose all interest in a sport you so passionately follow. I'll still be buying my 2015 membership for some reason... even though I don't even know what I'll be a member of.

I was actually up for trading him a year ago for Boyd and our pick 4 a year ago.
It was never going to happen, but hey we need a gun forward to build around.
I would have traded Minson a year ago, as he has reached his ceiling and the only way is down from here.

This is so interesting to relive.

He's a shadow of his former playing ability. I know he's had back problems, but it's pretty shocking.
Doesn't look too bad now, but at the time it was so shattering. I'm still so filthy about how GWS handled it all. From refusing to offer 4 + 7 (then offering them for a 30+ year old Stevie J) to that absolutely ridiculous #belessbulldog campaign. That is still one of the worst things I've seen a club do on social media, made me sick.

meh..is about as much of a **** as I can muster for Rian Griffins these days.

If it was anonymity that he was seeking when he left then the trade has been a spectacular success from his point of view.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep and my youngest son's middle name is Griffin! Luckily my wife wouldn't let me spell it Griffen but I tried hard :eek:
Dodged a bullet there, no doubt.

I wrote to the club today. Last time I did that was 1989.
I wrote to them also when the bombshell came out

Only ever time I ever had

My Dad wrote to the club after 97 though telling Wallace what he thought regarding his coaching

Haven't seen a lot of GWS this year but watched them against West Coast and Griffen was ok. Not the player he once was, not terrible, but just ok.

Very happy the club bit back hard and got the Tomaboyd.

meh..is about as much of a **** as I can muster for Rian Griffins these days.

If it was anonymity that he was seeking when he left then the trade has been a spectacular success from his point of view.
I'm pretty sure he got exactly what he wanted - Wouldn't be feeling any pressure, a player of his quality becoming just a role player in what has become a pretty strong GWS side.

Griffen and marchbank will be long gone from gws (and maybe the AFL entirely), as Boyd hits his straps on a reasonable wage.

Life's good.

That's why we all love you Fronk , clear, articulate and to the point.
A calming influence --- I like going to bed knowing our friend Fronk says it's all going ok ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Ryan Griffen Requests Trade

Remove this Banner Ad

Back