Ryan Griffen Requests Trade

Remove this Banner Ad

With all due respect, unless they gave us Cameron or Patton or Boyd, which they won't do, we are pushing it up hill sorry
GWS are good to trade with. Look at the Tyson and Shaw deals. We will get something.

It will still hurt losing him though. Can't be more emphatic about that.

Mate if Buddy had told us in 2012 that he wanted out, I would have pulled the trigger ASAP. Macca sees that what you said will occur and he will probably only get you a late pick 20's.

It's the most positive thing that could happen, and I reckon more clubs will do this in the future. Pull the trigger and trade players before FA! Especially clubs lower on the ladder.
Hang around here more often SHAKESPEARE. Level headed chap. :thumbsu:

PS, well done on the flag.

GWS are good to trade with. Look at the Tyson and Shaw deals. We will get something.

It will still hurt losing him though. Can't be more emphatic about that.

Sorry mate, I just reckon if you are leaning towards them being more compensatory than any other club I reckon it won't happen. Fingers crossed we get a real good deal but shit when your captain walks out it aint a great look trying to attract players to your club.

I can't believe how Clarkson did what he did. But what he was afforded was time. If McCartney goes, I will be very worried about the direction you go

Thanks on the flag, it's a bloody awesome feeling
What Hawthorn did that very few club do is back their man, and he proved them right. If we are emulating the great Geelong in some ways, perhaps we need to emulate the new greats at hawthorn ans stick to our guns. The tail does not wag the dog, and if griffen wanted out, next year we would have gotten nothng for him. this year, we build a future in 1 draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Horrible news. I am in shock. I want to hear from Brendan himself as we deserve to know what happened!

Only positive is we get Wright/McCartin. But STILL!

What Hawthorn did that very few club do is back their man, and he proved them right. If we are emulating the great Geelong in some ways, perhaps we need to emulate the new greats at hawthorn ans stick to our guns. The tail does not wag the dog, and if griffen wanted out, next year we would have gotten nothng for him. this year, we build a future in 1 draft.
That is very hard to do, as everyone demands success in 2 years or less.

I think the coach needs another 4 years. At least.

You need to get these kids, but then draft QUALITY with your lower picks. I think within 4 years, you'll be around the 7-8 mark and FA's will then start topping you up for a tilt.

Absolutely gutted hearing about this, but right now what I really want to know is what's going on.

Is it a money thing? He's knocked back big offers before, has he just changed his mind, or something else?
Is it the pressure of the captaincy? If so, why not give it up and stay at the club?
Is it a lifestyle change? He just wants to get out of Melbourne? Then why leave it till the middle of trade week?
Is it a play to undermine Macca? If so, why, and who is really at fault, Macca or Griff?

So many questions... And such a surprise. It's a low act to bring this all up now. If he really wanted out he could have said so a long time ago. The team needs him as a player, but it may be more damaging to keep him on, both from a morale and a free agency point of view next year. I just don't know what to make of it all. I really hope we start getting some answers soon, because I'm getting very angry.

What I want to know is, why GWS? Wouldn't a bloke of his ability want to go to a premiership contender??

Makes zero sense.
Can only assume they have dropped a huge figure in front of him and he has decided to sell out.

If you know Ryan he doesnt like a fuss.
Knows he will be able to live a near normal life in Sydney - a non footy crowd.
Will settle into a life of quietness.

Remove this Banner Ad

Ryan Griffen Requests Trade

Remove this Banner Ad

Back