Toast Ryan Schoenmakers

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought he had a great game last night well done , and a friend [who knows more on footy then me [way more]] last night said to someone else that " for shoe to get experience he has to play in the afl level comp not the vfl comp on some unknown"

he is gaining more and more experience as he goes and getting better and better as he goes it is great to see:thumbsu:

He is starting to come into his own, and showed last night that he can add attack to hid game when Gibbo comes back.

Well done young man and keep up the great work

Very true. My only hang up is still his disposal. He reminds me of Mark Graham...there is a collective gasp when he has the footy wondering what he will do with it.

More a confidence thing with Shoe I think...still learning the key defensive role, but looking better week by week!!

He is doing very well - he is a lot more composed than he was, and that comes with confidence. The better he does, the better he will do...it's hard not to drop your head when you're getting smashed, especially when you're a young bloke learning a key position.

Very true. My only hang up is still his disposal. He reminds me of Mark Graham...there is a collective gasp when he has the footy wondering what he will do with it.

More a confidence thing with Shoe I think...still learning the key defensive role, but looking better week by week!!

But his disposal is amazing. He is a weapon.

Are we talking about the same player?

Do you even watch games? Schoenmakers is an elite disposer of the ball, can't believe some of the people on here.

But his disposal is amazing. He is a weapon.

Are we talking about the same player?
Agreed, his disposal is really good, decision making can let him down at times, but that is certainly improving week by week, especially under pressure :thumbsu:

He is making great progress

He is one of our better kicks. Measured and on the button most times, from what I've seen.

The thing about Pavlich is when comparing him to Cloke & Hawkins is Pavlich is not as strong, but he is so powerfull of the mark and his athletic ability in the air and at ground level is better then the other two mentioned and certainly Schoey can match Pavlich for strength, I would give him the job of minding Pavlich when he goes forward, when Pavlich plays in the midfield then someone else will get the job on him.
bookmark jordan lewis, is quickly turning into 1 of the best run with players in the comp up there with carazzo.

On TAC Cup future Stars just now, Terry Wallace just said that Schoey was a top 20 "miss" from the 2008 National Draft, **** hes a tool:thumbsdown:

In retrospect he said we should have taken Mitch Robinson at 16 instead, I know who I would prefer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On TAC Cup future Stars just now, Terry Wallace just said that Schoey was a top 20 "miss" from the 2008 National Draft, **** hes a tool:thumbsdown:

In retrospect he said we should have taken Mitch Robinson at 16 instead, I know who I would prefer.

Ryan Shoenmakers will be just behind Hurley as the best KPP in that draft and will be All Australian in coming years I have no doubt about this.:thumbsu:

he's still got some distance to go - but the two things you look for: attitude and consistent improvement are clear as day.

Keep it up Schoey!

Great to see Gilham back in the side. I'd forgotten how important he was for setting up play from defence - is also the sort of player that seems to create improvement in those around him. I'll be expecting Schoey's upward curve to continue given this.

I couldn't believe that either. He had Mitch Brown on that list as well. The kid has been injured and has lacked opportunites

Taggers are a dime a dozen,we would be stuffed now if we did not have Shoey.Plough generally knows what he is talking about but cannot agree this time.

Terry Wallace what a tool. He has shown more than all the other tall players drafted before him in that draft except Hurley and Davis.

I would have Schoenmakers as a more skilled, talented and better footballer then Davis IMO. :)

Schoenmakers > Davis

he's still got some distance to go - but the two things you look for: attitude and consistent improvement are clear as day.

Keep it up Schoey!

Great to see Gilham back in the side. I'd forgotten how important he was for setting up play from defence - is also the sort of player that seems to create improvement in those around him. I'll be expecting Schoey's upward curve to continue given this.

agree 100% love seeing him improving every week and proving the idiots wrong too at that and love seeing Gilly back awesome stuff

Always knew he could be a good player, has been our best young player this year despite an iffy start to the year. Body work is so much better, the main two flaws he has are his direct opponent leads a bit too easily he has to get in front a bit more, and he doesn't know how to pretend he can't get rid of the ball. :D

I would have Schoenmakers as a more skilled, talented and better footballer then Davis IMO. :)

Schoenmakers > Davis

Shoe is definitely much more skilled. Davis has pretty poor disposal. I feel at this stage Davis is better defensively. Plus he hasn't left us for an expansion club so you'd take Shoe over Davis every time :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Ryan Schoenmakers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back