S.F 05 or Q.F 06?

Remove this Banner Ad

yes liz
it was a wet night and baker took advantage of the conditions to slide in and give matthews a massive corky,which put him out for the rest of the night.
it was reminisent of the cowards attack by king on craig o'brien in the 96 GF.

it was a baker at his worst.

sorry to all for losing it with a saints poster

It was Baker at his best. He just went for the ball. No report so fair is fair.

Aussie Jones and Dal Santo were great. What did Hall and Micky O kick I can't remeber?

Nice to see schneider kicking goals and playing well for the saints after I was an unfortunate witness when he put the nail in the coffin at the MCG along with most of those 70,000 fans. I hope he finds that form he had with his first season with the swans when he kicked 30 odd for the season. I'm not convinced with Dempster.

Didn't Willo get injured early in the game too?

Mostly I remember the pelting rain and a headache from hell after the game.
Yeah he did, bad corky from Baker. That guy's such a prick.

It was so cold and wet and shitty, sitting with my mates who are Saints fans made it even worse. Then again, the same group of us went a year later and that was just brilliant.

dam eagles supporters are the sorest losers of all teams. ive had a few of them ferals threathen me at subi many times when the swannies won there.. they all gotta be off there heads on drugs i reckon

They were all great games and it's going to be really important that we, at least, have these memories to live off for the next few seasons.

(Flame away if you like)

No contest. I was at the '05 semi and I can tell you I'd given up hope at 3/4 time. The atmosphere during the final qtr and at the nd of the game was reminicsent of the '96 PF when Plugger kicked us into thre GF(BTW I was there too:)). After the final siren in '05 I just slumped into my seat in a state of total shock while some of my fellow supporters burst into tears. It was one of two games I will never, ever forget. (The other obviously being the '05 GF(yes, I was there too.:eek:))

No contest. I was at the '05 semi and I can tell you I'd given up hope at 3/4 time. The atmosphere during the final qtr and at the nd of the game was reminicsent of the '96 PF when Plugger kicked us into thre GF(BTW I was there too:)). After the final siren in '05 I just slumped into my seat in a state of total shock while some of my fellow supporters burst into tears. It was one of two games I will never, ever forget. (The other obviously being the '05 GF(yes, I was there too.:eek:))

don't think there's any doubt in anyone's mind that the win over geelong in 05 was surely the most dramatic, well, certainly the equal of the plugger point win over essendon in 96
the geelong was probly just slightly more remarkable because it was a comeback from the dead

Yeah, but the 06 QF was the most fiery. Both sides played their hearts out, and it was one of the best games I've seen to this day.

I reckon the 2006 QF was one of the most intense and exciting games the Swans have been involved in. And other than the 2005 GF, I'd rate it their best performance of recent years. In some ways it was even better given that it was played on a ground where the Eagles almost never lose but I guess the higher stakes in the GF mean you can't go past that.

In contrast, the Swans were absolutely woeful in the first half of the 2005 SF and only marginally better in the 2nd. It was really just four pieces of magic in the final quarter, and to some extent Geelong going into their shell, which have turned it into the folklore it's become for Swans fans. Sure, it still gives me goosebumps watching it, but that is only because of the tension, knowing what the stakes were, and, of course, knowing the result.

definately.

QF of 06 was a higher quality game with both teams displaying some great skills.

Sadly, like you say, despite the 4 peices of brilliance by Nick Davis, the first 3 quarters were quite ordinary.

Remove this Banner Ad

S.F 05 or Q.F 06?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back