Official Match Thread S22 Round 9 - Baghdad Bombers v Fighting Furies @ Abdu Prison

Who will win?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

[Insert patronising comment about how brave the Bulldogs are and how they're everyone's second team.]

Well no, bitch. Those campaigners eliminated Hawthorn before we got the chance. They can GAGF.
The Dogs have become the North of the past few seasons. The underdogs that surprise everyone, but only make it to the Prelims.

[Insert patronising comment about how brave the Bulldogs are and how they're everyone's second team.]

Well no, bitch. Those campaigners eliminated Hawthorn before we got the chance. They can GAGF.

TBH this finals campaign is basically a repeat of that South Park episode with the giant douche vs a turd sandwich.

The extent of British television from the past couple of years only extends to Misfits and The Inbetweeners.

And the currently U.K. Political outlook is in shambles. Lol Boris.
The Thick Of It really was a great show, you should watch it. :thumbsu:

And yep, it couldn't be much worse over there. :$

The Dogs have become the North of the past few seasons. The underdogs that surprise everyone, but only make it to the Prelims.

I'm surprised Brad Scott has got a job still, their future is ****ed for the next fifteen years...kinda like bandits if they keep hoops on long term.

TBH this finals campaign is basically a repeat of that South Park episode with the giant douche vs a turd sandwich.

That Dogs vs Hawks game was one of the best I've been to. IMO been a great finals series so far.

Don't count your Prelim winners before they hatch! :)
Either way, the winner of the Swans Cats game is gonna win the GF. The Dogs won't be able to compete against either side. And the Giants have played all of 1 game (Rd1) at the MCG, it's the West Coast dilemma from 2015.

Well, akkaps is the first to go on my ignored list. I hope you're proud. :rainbow:

I'm surprised Brad Scott has got a job still, their future is stuffed for the next fifteen years...kinda like bandits if they keep hoops on long term.
The board probably still get him confused for Chris, and go on saying 'shabash'.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That Dogs vs Hawks game was one of the best I've been to. IMO been a great finals series so far.

What I was trying to say is I hate all of the teams. Doggies less than the others.

What I was trying to say is I hate all of the teams. Doggies less than the others.

Doggies > everyone else for me too.

But watching finals intensity and then reminding myself of the putrid football we put ourselves through this year...it's depressing how far off we are. :(

Last edited:

330fs5l.jpg
VS
15pgadg.jpg

In a season that began with a ritzy launch of their rebranding, the Baghdad Bombers made a spluttering start, dropping 4 of their first six, before levelling out by winning their past couple. They managed to cling to the win in round 8 as the Warriors closed late, and iced it with a goal on the last possession to climb to sixth spot. The season started brightly for the Fighting Furies as well. Unbeaten in their first three outings, they have since suffered a horror run to lose five in a row, culminating in their round loss to the Roys which dropped them to eleventh, and the only thing keeping them off the bottom is Quivorir’s incompetence. Now they face the daunting trip into the desert to take on beez' Bombers

The Bombers recruited a heap of rookies in the offseason to counteract their previous silence, and found a voice in Hoooops. Albeit loud, droning and irritating, he at least flies the flag for his team himself. KohPhi has poured his grief at his soulmate’s defection into performance in the ruck, and dennis crumpet has finally settled into some good Qooty. The Furies have faltered as _Cayz_ shies away from responsibility, with recruit akkaps in consistent form and rookie tgrs building into his work nicely. Sterge will, of course, disagree with all of this…

Key Matchups:
Hoooops v tgrs – competing to fill the last spot on the EKA podium behind the Swamprat powerhouses...;)

HaroLad v Tarkyn_24 – the apprentice v the master

Sterge v everyone who says something. Hi Sterge…:)

Tip: Furies are due for some luck, and I expect them to win by 15 points in an upset. Even Sterge likes this…

Captains to post teams before 11.59pm on Thursday in a post that must contain the words Official Team Sheet

Excellent op spot on well done Ant Bear

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Match Thread S22 Round 9 - Baghdad Bombers v Fighting Furies @ Abdu Prison

Back