Official Match Thread S23 SWEET FA GRAND FINAL - FIGHTING FURIES VS BAGHDAD BOMBERS @ SFA PARK

Who will win the S23 Grand Final?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Live from the Boys Club HQ.

Hello league, it is I, your Mobbs Medalist since last night, yet again I am here to do the job of my brother and present the world the season 23 Sweet FA Grand final between the Fighting Furies and the Baghdad Bombers.

Fans will travel long and far, coming from over the hills and from as close as the surrounding boroughs, with an estimated 90'000 tickets already sold we have 60'000 tickets now released to the general public.

What an amazing match it is sure to be. Feast your eyes upon this match thread, the "kids" on the block led by All SFA VC HaroLad take on the annoyance of the league led by league wet blanket Sterge with his side chick _Cayz_. I kid though, love them or hate them, both clubs have played an important role in the league and the leaders of both sides have certainly maintained a strong relevance throughout.

WvwheEs.jpg

vs

LOGOOOOO_zpsbergqhsk.png

Only yesterday, prior to myself becoming far too important to bother with threads I asked the captains of both sides to get pumped up and deliver a war cry, to shit on your opposition and big up your boys (or girls).

From the Mighty Furies:

It's the Grand Final week, the Fighting Furies are ready to destroy the opposition and make it #Firsttosix. The top of the table plays the bottom of the eight, the Furies juggernaut against the goat loving Bandits Bombers. HaroLad will once again play second fiddle, just like the Mobbs he'll be the first loser. @KohPhiwill try valiantly but all of his wives will be amazed that he actually knows how to not finish first.

Wow, how can you as a Furie not read that and just want to punch a Haro in the face!

From the Beasts of Baghdad:

The Furies are the embodiment of what is wrong with the league today.

Dozens of Richmond supporters, hellbent on transforming the league into a General Discussion board through their rampant spamming about anything but the Sweet FA. Music, pokemon, the objectification of women through sexualised gifs, you name it.

Not only is this team full of spammers, but is rampant with bad sportsmanship as they deliberately didn't nominate the best thing to have come out of Punt Road (yes, this includes the real one too) for the All-SFA in tgrs, just because they think he is leaving.

The Furies are a pathetic club, one which almost nobody would consider moving to unless you were a Chokemond supporter.

After several Ninthmond heartbreaks this season, are you ready for the ultimate choke Furies?

Wow, how can you as a Furie not read that and just want to punch a Haro in the face!

Startling stuff from both clubs, proving that they must really not be tolerant of each other, this match could actually be a ripsnorter!

Let's take a quick moment here to check out the predicted line ups! What an improvement on last years thread, I have a custom made image!

SFA23GF_zpsykviwepr.jpg

Players to Watch:

Fighting Furies: Across the board the Furies have players who know how to win games of QOOTYball, none more so than the returning Wacky Tiger, capable of winning games by himself the man has established himself as one of the most dangerous players ever seen, in fact I'm half expecting him to take my Mobbs from me (the one I won last night), another is young tgrs, narrowly missing out on an All SFA nomination, tgrs has had a strange year, with ruours rife he is leaving, the Furies LG decided to blacklist him, however he is expected to play in the Grand Final and could actually be vita to a Furies win. Tarkyn_24 is known as the most dangerous full forward the league has seen, if he unleashes and kicks 5 goals minimum Furies will win the game, at the opposite end Sterge will need to basically destroy IMS to make sure he can't also unleash with a bag.

Baghdad Bombers: Captain Harolad came into the season with many fresh faces so not many of them have the pedigree to be seen as actual match winners, but that doesn't mean the quality doesn't exist, Haro can't and won't do it all, maybe rookie TheCoach16 makes the wing his own and dominates with outside run, maybe stalwart beez shuts down HumanMeatball, maybe Itsmyshow kicks 10 goals, personally though I think the duo of KohPhi and miggs who himself made a mid-season switch back to the Bombers will establish themselves as genuine QOOTYstars by being goal kicking mids and racking up 25 and 30 touches respectively.

Predictions: (Please feel free to post your own)

- Deestroy Medalist:
KohPhi
- Winner: Bombers
- Margin: 18
- Worst player: akkaps
- Weather Forecast: Sunny

Well here we go, the final game of S23, the final game of The Filth Wizard evil reign as admin. Let's hope for a fun week of banter, let's hope that BRAB logs out and forgets his password, let's however also hope for controversy, tears (spookism), anger, fights, threats of violence (This Is Anfield) and some good old fashioned melts.

Good luck to both sides, good luck to the Sweet FA as a whole, one of these sides will be your new premiers.

Signing off, your S23 Mobbs Medalist and league legend, pantskyle.

Captains must submit their teams in a post that contains the words “Official Team Sheet” by 11.59pm on Thursday. However this does not apply to Harolad, The Barry Hall of the Sweet FA is allowed to break the rules without fear of a penalty. Sterge and _cayz_ will be penalised regardless.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As much as I don't like the idea of the Furies being first to 6, I cannot stand the idea of the Bombers winning given by rights they shouldn't even be there.

This season doesn't deserve to have an * next to the winner so here are my all important predictions

Deestroy Medalist: Tarkyn_24
Winner: Furies
Margin: 47
Worst Player: dangerwood
Weather Forecast: Cloudy

As much as I don't like the idea of the Furies being first to 6, I cannot stand the idea of the Bombers winning given by rights they shouldn't even be there.

This season doesn't deserve to have an * next to the winner so here are my all important predictions

Deestroy Medalist: Tarkyn_24
Winner: Furies
Margin: 47
Worst Player: dangerwood
Weather Forecast: Cloudy
Well done on being the weather forecast for the game Cloud_

Wouldn't it be funny if both teams buses accidentally..... purposely... didn't show up for the game! Guess the Bears and Dragons would have to fight it out then....

Congrats on getting here both teams, have fun!
All SFA centre and VC, Premiership Captain and Deestroy medallist HaroLad :thumbsu:

I just threw up a little bit reading that

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Match Thread S23 SWEET FA GRAND FINAL - FIGHTING FURIES VS BAGHDAD BOMBERS @ SFA PARK

Back