Official Match Thread S29 Round 5 East Side Hawks vs Baghdad Bombers at Waverley Park

Remove this Banner Ad

Good luck to all taking the field on Sunday. mochacinolatte, I hope you know how to lock down a crafty small forward.

Follow me on IG.

No-one "liked" or commented on my calming music last night .....how do you think I feel ATM
Cram it up yer jacksie.

Cram it up yer jacksie.
Thought the music was quite appropriate for the situation .....you know, music sooths the savage beast ......hi NaturalDisaster and BRAB

TY24 doesn't qualify as a "Beast" .....more like a mosquito

Loonerty is just looking for a little love in his life ......and is reaching out, to all & sundry

Riviat - finished S1 Ep8 last night and saw the talked about nude fight scene. Actually quite well shot. Haven't read the book either so I'm still unsure about the Leung character.

Am probably going to run straight through to S2 when I finish S1.

Was a great series that surprised me with how good it was as I never read the reviews.

Shit, I didn't even realise s2 was out. Thanks for reminding me. I'd probably just go onto season 2 as s1 is fresh in your mind, whereas, I watched s1 ages ago so hopefully haven't forgotten too much. That fight scene could have been so less classy than what it was if they changed the lighting and shots somewhat. I don't think many would have complained either 👍

Shit, I didn't even realise s2 was out. Thanks for reminding me. I'd probably just go onto season 2 as s1 is fresh in your mind, whereas, I watched s1 ages ago so hopefully haven't forgotten too much.
With the ****loads of TV shows around these days I use a tracker like https://www.pogdesign.co.uk/cat/ to keep somewhat abreast of things. That one is also decent at highlighting new shows as they come out. Not hugely great for local TV channels, but outside of sport and ABC kids I don't really watch local TV.

That fight scene could have been so less classy than what it was if they changed the lighting and shots somewhat. I don't think many would have complained either 👍
What struck me most was how it pointed out the disposability of the sleeves, rather than objectification. I loved the ending of the scene/episode too.

The tough part is in my opinion you can't put on old head on young shoulders.

I am old enough to not take much notice of feedback from people I don't even know. My kids though live and die by all of that stuff and cannot separate the relevant from non relevant. It is an addiction.

I believe over the next decade the addiction to social media will overtake many of the social challenges of today and become the biggest we have seen.
Great post Tony, the bolded section of your post is here though. It’s real. It’s happening. Not only is it social media, but the way we can now access it.
Anyone who can learn how to use a smartphone has the tools to become not only a social media addict, but a technology addict.
I was having this very discussion with one of my colleagues today, about how simple it was having a an old school flip phone. Text, call, that’s it. Nothing else.
People are waaaaayyy too accessible these days, it’s sad.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With the fu**loads of TV shows around these days I use a tracker like https://www.pogdesign.co.uk/cat/ to keep somewhat abreast of things. That one is also decent at highlighting new shows as they come out. Not hugely great for local TV channels, but outside of sport and ABC kids I don't really watch local TV.

Now that I have this useful little tool available I can actually see when shit is going to be released, rather than having to wait till it's already out and then accidentally reading spoilers. The other issue is that not all Netflix shows listed would be available in the Aussie Netflix. I do have a VPN but after a password leak happened after using it last time, i'm a little hesitant about using it again.

My current strategy: Renew Netflix, watch show(s) I want, let Netflix expire until the next show. Rinse, repeat. I try and balance entertainment between TV and gaming and like you said, local TV is crud and has effectively become a "who can create the next big reality show". Yawn

What struck me most was how it pointed out the disposability of the sleeves, rather than objectification. I loved the ending of the scene/episode too.

Definitely. It sort of reminds me of 'The Island' in a way, whereas the Island used people to harvest certain parts, Altered Carbon has you transferring your consciousness into the new sleeve.

I was going to say earlier in the thread that if Deadpool was in this series, you'd think he'd just go into a new Wade Wilson sleeve minus the cancer as he's always wanted to find a cure.

Now that I have this useful little tool available I can actually see when shit is going to be released, rather than having to wait till it's already out and then accidentally reading spoilers. The other issue is that not all Netflix shows listed would be available in the Aussie Netflix. I do have a VPN but after a password leak happened after using it last time, i'm a little hesitant about using it again.

My current strategy: Renew Netflix, watch show(s) I want, let Netflix expire until the next show. Rinse, repeat. I try and balance entertainment between TV and gaming and like you said, local TV is crud and has effectively become a "who can create the next big reality show". Yawn

Definitely. It sort of reminds me of 'The Island' in a way, whereas the Island used people to harvest certain parts, Altered Carbon has you transferring your consciousness into the new sleeve.

I was going to say earlier in the thread that if Deadpool was in this series, you'd think he'd just go into a new Wade Wilson sleeve minus the cancer as he's always wanted to find a cure.

Altered Carbon bored the hell out of me.

Wow. I went to bed last night thinking this thread was all but over. I was happy to declare unbeaten once again. Then BRABSMum showed up. Wow, what a humble and HOT woman! I think I might stick around a little longer now. Hopefully she can get BRAB into bed a little earlier tonight so we can get to know each other a little better!

*blushes*

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Match Thread S29 Round 5 East Side Hawks vs Baghdad Bombers at Waverley Park

Remove this Banner Ad

Back